Strength in Numbers

Last night I did a Lift Weights Faster workout. I wasn’t really motivated to workout at first but for some reason I had one of the best nights with this particular workout. Maybe I should be un-motivated more often.

Pam Great job on CrossFire! Sometimes I see you gals posting the DVD workouts and it makes me miss them but I am pretty close to being caught up on all the lives so I might get to start doing DVDs again in another month. If your TV has an HDMI connection, you can get a Chromecast for $35 from BestBuy and transmit the live workout from your phone to the TV through that. Apple TV is supposed to work too but I don’t have that. Great job on MMA KB! The MMAs are some of my least favorites too. Sometimes it is nice for something easy and not having to think but most of the time they don’t excite me. Turtle spins are in the MMA Fusion which is my favorite of the three.

Janie How exciting to perform solo at the coffee shop and get to mark something off your bucket list! Building your confidence and having fun. Great job on speed walking at the beach!

Cheryl Great job on dragon boating and having a lazy Sunday! Those are nice to have. I’m so sorry to hear about your friend’s mother. It sounds like she was a special lady who touched a lot of lives. Great job on CLB, PRS #2, dragon boating, and MM!

Have a great day!

Last night was Live Solid Cardio + HiiT. It was a good workout. Not to intense. It had some old school moves from Circuit Max and Cardio Kicks in it plus we got to “preview” some moves from the upcoming RWH series. Funny how she mentions this since I am doing it a year or more after that series came out. So happy it is Friday but it is so hot out. I am sure it is everywhere. We have temps in the high 90s but heat index of 110+ for the whole weekend.

Have a great weekend! Stay hydrated if it is hot where you are!

Juie Great job on LWF, especially when you weren't motivated to do it. That is funny that it ended up being one of your best nights with that workout! Hmmm, I do't even know if that TV has an HDMI connection, I'll have to look (or more likely ask DH ;)) It's really old, and really big, and really HEAVY! I still remember the two of us carrying it upstairs when we first got it years ago. We already said that when we are done with it we are throwing it out the window! :D
Great job o LSCH too. That is funny that you were previewing moves from RWH. It's supposed to be a scorcher here this weekend too. We had a couple of days this week that were only in the mid 80s with no humidity which is so unusual for this time of year. On the weather they were saying it's 84, and it only feels like 84! I think the next two days are supposed to be 97 and 98 so we'll be sweating it out together!

This morning was supposed to be STS Total Body, but I subbed Power Hour since I just did STS Tuesday. I really need to make myself a cheat sheet for this workout because I always end up picking up weights that are too heavy. Maybe one of these days Have a great weekend!

Pam

Just a quick update. My daughter is here and spending time with her. A person from our group is coming over to talk about creating a logo for our band. I'm playing my guitar and singing, getting in practice for our performance at Woodfest tomorrow. lot's of stuff going on.

Keep exercising and have fun doing it. I'll catch up with you all in a couple of days or so.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Pam Good job on MMA KB. Fusion has the turtle spins. I like doing MMA KB when I don't have a lot of energy. Thanks for the hugs for our friends mother. She was such a nice person. I won't be the same without her coming over to visit us.

Julie Way to go on your Lift Weights Faster workout without being motivated. Isn't it funny that when we aren't motivated it is sometimes the best workout we do. Our friends mother was quite the person. She was liked by a lot of people around here.

Julie Good work on Live Solid Cardio + HiiT. Too funny that you got to preview some moves from the RWH series. That seems so long ago since it was released. Wow it is going to be hot where you are. I am glad that it won't be that hot here. Drink lots of water.

Pam Good job on Power Hour. I need a cheat sheet too on those workouts that I don't do often and forget what weight I need.

Janie Enjoy your time with your daughter.

So no post yesterday as I went dragon boating with a group that I am going in a regatta with tomorrow so they asked me to come out a practice with them. Yesterday morning was Cardio Kicks and today was CCC. So I will be going into a dragon boat regatta tomorrow at a place called Harrison Hot Springs. It should be fun. Our coaches are on another team called the Diggn' Dragons and they were short people so I told them that I could sub for them. I will see if I can get some pictures as it is a beautiful area. However to get there I will need to leave by 5:30am :eek::eek: to be there by 7am. Oh well it will be fun so it will be worth it.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Cheryl

So today I went to the dragon boat regatta. It was a lot of fun and tiring. It was cloudy cold and windy. It made it hard to paddle. I think I will sleep well tonight. Sorry I didn't get any pictures. Forgot to take any :confused:.

Cheryl

We as a band, did OK for being a young band. There is so much to know ethic/manners wise for sure along with the music. But we all have the desire and passion to go on.

Cheryl, Great job on the exhausting dragon boat regatta. Great job on the Cardio Kicks and CCC. You did well! Enjoy dragon boating at Harrison Hot Springs. It does sound like fun. Would love to see photos.

Take care Cheryl,

Janie

Wow this weekend flew by. Saturday I did my Strength Training for Fat Loss workout and then had to take Ozzie to the vet. He has another tumor they want to remove so he will be getting surgery on Thursday. After that, went home and did some chores and made several meals to put in the freezer for DH during the week. Sunday was Live Rock It Sock It. It was a good workout. After that DH and I had to drop our truck off at my parents because they want to use it this week. Then it was being a little lazy the rest of the day.

Pam Great job on subbing PH for STS TB! I have cheat sheets for all of Cathe’s weight workouts even her live workouts that I know I will do again. I don’t like surprises in my workouts most of the time.

Janie Hope you had fun with your daughter and playing at Woodfest! I’m sure you will continue growing as a group and having fun along the way.

Cheryl Great job on Cardio Kicks and CCC! Glad you had fun dragon boating in the regatta. Hope you got good sleep to recover from that hard work.

Have a great day!

Janie So nice that you are spending time with your daughter. Wow, our own logo? Sounds like the big time! :D Sounds like you are enjoying yourself!

Cheryl Great job on dragon boating, CK, and CCC! Harrison Hot Springs sounds beautiful, bummer that you forgot to get pictures. It sounds like it was a pretty intense day though. Cloudy, cold, and windy doesn't sound like much fun :confused:

Janie Good for you for getting out there and playing with your band. It sounds like a good time. Who knew there was so much more to it besides the music. I guess that is true with most things though, huh?

Julie I couldn't believe how fast the weekend went again, it just isn't right! Great jobo n STFL nad Live RS. So sorry to hear that poor Ozzie has another tumor and needs surgery again. It sounds like you had quite the busy weekend!

Friday night we went to see a concert and it was a late night with a little too much fun, so I took Saturday as a rest day. :) DH and I recovered our kitchen chairs, which I had been wanting to get done for quite awhile. Sunday morning was supposed to be Hiit DWP, but I don't really like that one, so I did one of my new Mindy workouts. I can't remember what the video is called, but it has 6 10 minutes segments plus warm up and cooldown and you can mix and match. I did three of the segements. The first was called 30-20-10 and you do a move hard/harder/hardest for that many seconds. The second one was a 30/30 core Hiit and the third was 30/30 legs. It was really intense. This morning was GS chest and triceps. I didn't realize how repetitive this rotation was when I picked it, but I don't mind repeating the GS workouts again. Happy Monday everyone!

Pam

Janie You never know how much is involved in something until you are doing it. You will learn as you go.

Julie Good job on Strength Training for Fat Loss. Poor Ozzie I hope he doesn't have anymore tumors that need to be removed. Surgery is no fun no matter if you are a person or an animal. Way to go on Live Rock It Sock It.

Pam Sometimes you need that rest day after too much fun :D. Good work on your new Mindy workouts, they do sound intense.

So Sunday I did Yoga Max and then it was a lazy day after that. This morning was Great Glutes, I haven't done that one in a while.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

Cheryl Great job on YM and GG. Hope those glutes are doing ok today!

This morning was Hiit 30/30 and weights and plates abs. I really didn't want to get out of bed, but I dragged myself up there. It helped that it's a workout that I like a lot! Have a great day!

Pam

Last night was Live Bun Burners, Barre, and Ball. It was a good workout but probably not one I would return too. I am not a barre lover so that kind of makes it difficult for me to want to do it again. I may not have great feelings towards it because our power flicked off and back on in the middle of the workout. I was so mad. I had to wait for the internet to get back up so I could find the spot on the live workout again.

Pam Good for you for enjoying your Friday night and taking Saturday as your rest day! I bet it feels wonderful to get that project done. Great job on your Mindy workout. That one sounds fun and interesting. How would you compare Mindy to Cathe? Great job on GS CST!

Cheryl Great job on Yoga Max! I had been doing really good with having one day of stretching for over a month and then I don’t know what happened but I am back to doing 6 days without any yoga/stretching. Great job on GG!

Have a great day!

Last night was Live Gloved Up & Ready. It was an ok workout. Not one I think will be a favorite. It was about 35 of mostly boxing with some leg blasts mixed in and then 10 minutes of metabolic weights. It felt a little easy and I didn’t feel like I worked that hard. Maybe it was a good thing to have an easier one for a change.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on Live Bun Burners, Barre, and Ball. I'm not a fan of the barre either so it doesn't sound like one I would like. That is frustrating to have the power flicker in the middle of your workout too. It really makes you lose your rhythm when you have an unexpected pause like that. I really like some of Mindy's workouts. I'd say that in general her workouts aren't as intense as Cathe's, but they are still intense and have good variety. They aren't as consistently good as Cathe's th0ugh. I have some that I really don't care for at all. I guess that is true of some of Cathe's workouts too, but I think that in general I can count on Cathe's workouts more. Not sure if that makes sense or not....Great job on Gloved up and ready. Sorry that it wasn't such a great workout. I'm always disappointed when I feel like I didn't get the best workout after investing the time.

This morning was hardstrikes. I feel like my core has really been getting a workout this week between Mindy on Sunday, w&p yesterday, and the core work in HS today. I was NOT keeping up on the su/pu combo at all. I only did the first set of pushups on my toes and they were finishing their last set of pushups and I was still doing sit ups. I was happy for the shorter workout today! Have a great day!

Pam

Pam Yep glutes are doing OK. A little disappointed that they weren't sore :confused:. Way to go on Hiit 30/30 and weights and plates abs. It is easier to drag yourself out of bed when you are doing a workout that you enjoy.

Julie Good work on Live Bun Burners, Barre and Ball. I don't mind barre work but if you don't like it it would be a hard one to do again. Bummer that the internet went down during it. That probably didn't help in wanting to do it again. I find that I can do well for a while and then I will fall out of stretching. Sometimes you just need a little nudge to get back into doing it again. Sorry that you didn't like Live Gloved Up & Ready. Sometimes an easier workout is fine but sometimes you also feel like you have wasted time if you don't get anything out of it.

Pam Good job on Hardstrikes. The su/pu combo is hard. Don't worry about having to go to your knees on the pushups, you are still getting a good workout.

Yesterday I did Rockout Knockout and then in the evening went dragon boating. It was a really nice night on the water. The seals also had their babies out with them. They are so cute. This morning was Supercuts with the su/pu combo. I had to go to my knees too for the last few rounds of pushups. Then I got the grocery shopping done and the car vacuumed and washed. It was pretty dirty.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

Last night was a Lift Weights Faster workout. My last of this one and next week I will do a new LWF workout. I was feeling super tired during the day but managed to eek out my workout and even made a few progressions. This morning I had to not feed Ozzie because he is having surgery today. I feel so bad not being able to give him his normal breakfast. He doesn’t understand what is going on. He was a good boy and went and laid back down though.

Pam Great job on HS! Some days are tougher than others and the su/pu combo is no joke no matter how much energy and strength you have. Looks like our posts from Tuesday crossed and I didn’t see yours until today. Great job on 30/30 and w&p abs!

Cheryl Great job on RK and dragon boating! So much fun to see the baby seals. I love all baby animals but seal pups are something special. Great job on SC! Like I said to Pam, that su/pu combo is no joking around. Tough tough for sure!

Have a great day!

Cheryl Too bad you didn't feel something in those glutes. It's funny to be disappointed about not being sore, but I know what you mean! Great job on RK and dragon boating. How fun to see seals with their babies :). I love all of the interesting wildlife that you get to see! Great jobon SC an the su/pu combo. It sounds like you did better on it than I did, and SC has two more rounds than Hardstrikes :eek:

Julie Great job on LWF and making progressions even when you were drained! Oh poor Ozzie, I hope his surgery goes well today. I know what you mean about feeling guilty, too bad there is no way to explain to them.

This morning for me was Gym Style Back, Shoulders, and Biceps. My muscles were quivering when I was done! Have a great day!

pam

Julie Good job on your Lift Weights Faster workout and progressing with being tired. Poor Ozzie I hope his surgery goes well. I feel bad too when I can't give them breakfast if one of them is going in for something.

Pam Good work on Gym Style Back, Shoulders and Biceps and your quivering muscles.

This morning was Crossfire, I hadn't done it in a while. Then I got some housework done. It is really hot here now and I am feeling drained. It is suppose to be hot here for a few more days before it will cool down a little bit.

Cheryl

Last night was Rhythm Ride! It was good as is all Cathe spin workouts. I had the resistance turned up really high. That’s one of the things I love about spin. You can crank up the resistance and make it about strength or less resistance and more speed for more of a cardio effect. Lovin that it is Friday. This week seemed to drag by. Ozzie’s surgery went well. They took out the lump and said they only had take a little muscle with it. He apparently did so well with waking up they let DH pick him up a few hours early.

Pam Great job on GS BSB! Hope your muscles have stopped quivering by now!

Cheryl Great job on CrossFire! Be careful with all that heat. It is certainly draining. Hopefully it won’t last long.

Have a great weekend!

Cheryl Great job on CF. That will drain you by itself without the housework and the heat. Hang in there!

Julie Great job on RR with high resistance. That high resistance just burns my legs! So glad to hear that Ozzie's surgery went well and that he was even able to come home early.

This morning was Tabatacise and I added on bonus core 1. The quivering muscles recovered enough for me to get through it :) This afternoon we are flying to Atlanta for the night and my DH is doing a driving class at the Porsche experience center tomorrow. It was his Christmas present in 2014 and he is finally using it! have a great Friday!

Pam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.