STAY SAFE TEXAS CATHLETES!!!

I'm sure you are all out of harms way. However, just want to give a shout out to all my friends, (and previous neighbors) in the Dallas, Richardson, Plano area. Stay safe, missing our chats!

I echo everyone's comments, the dangers are far from being over right now even though the rain has stopped. Everyone in Houston, Beaumont, Port Author and Louisiana stay safe.

Things will get better so hang in there.

Daughter's house flooded in Houston. Thank God she and the family (and two dogs) are staying in friends with a dry house and power. So glad the rain has stopped, but now the hard work begins! Stay safe everyone!
So terribly sorry to hear about your daughter's home! Glad they are safe! What area of Houston? I live in Houston, Let me know if I can help! I was very blessed to have no issues, but roads are still closed close to me. Thankful we didn't move where we were going to as that area flooded and is still under water.

Thanks, Ironlady, for your concern and offer to help. Daughter, son-in-law, and grandkids live in Friendswood where 1/3 of the houses flooded. They are back in their home now, living on the second floor. They have a contractor and the insurance adjuster has come out. It will be a long recovery, but they are so blessed to have had friends to stay with while their house was flooded and friends to help them with the house. They have flood insurance, which will also help. They are safe and together. That's what counts! What area are you in? We used to live there but now really appreciate living in New Mexico!!! STAY SAFE!

Thanks, Ironlady, for your concern and offer to help. Daughter, son-in-law, and grandkids live in Friendswood where 1/3 of the houses flooded. They are back in their home now, living on the second floor. They have a contractor and the insurance adjuster has come out. It will be a long recovery, but they are so blessed to have had friends to stay with while their house was flooded and friends to help them with the house. They have flood insurance, which will also help. They are safe and together. That's what counts! What area are you in? We used to live there but now really appreciate living in New Mexico!!! STAY SAFE!
Thank goodness they have good friends and insurance! I'm so sorry that this happened to Texas.

We are a few miles from the Barker Reservoir, no flooding though...Thank Goodness! Glad to know they are at least on the road to recovery!

So glad you did not flood, Ironlady. Update on my daughter -- she works for Exxon. They sent out a 20-guy work team to help with her house so she could go to work!!! They gave her an interest-free loan to help cover expenses. What a company! She is now ready for her contractor to come in, thanks to friends and Exxon. They are truly on the road to recovery. Now we need to send our prayers to Florida! Stay safe!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.