Stacked UpperBody/Pyramid Pump discs kinda' quirky....

Hi aqua girl, with what we know so far it's definitely a firmware issue on a few players and that means a replacement DVD will not make a difference. We've only received a few Stacked Upper Body DVDs back from people that reported the same issue as you have, but in every case, the DVDs that were sent back and we tested all have played fine so far. Since thousands of people have successfully played the Stacked Upper Body DVD and we have successfully tested a few of the DVDs that were sent back, it pretty much rules out any other possibility besides this being a firmware issue. I still want to see some more returned discs and get some reports back from customers that were sent a replacement disc before closing the book on this though. But so far everyone that has reported the same issue as you, and who have contacted us, have also reported that they can play the Stacked Upper DVD on other players. We've also expanded our testing to 15 different DVD players and so far we have not had any issues.

I did notice that someone else reported that they have a SONY 5 Discs player like you do (not sure if it is the same model as yours) and they could play Stacked Upper Body just fine. If they do have the same player as you it means they probably have a different version of firmware on their player as you do and is why they can play the same DVD that you can't. This means there may be a firmware update from SONY available that will solve your issue. However, there is no way to know if the newer or older firmware is the issue. But you may want to contact SONY and see if they have a link to a firmware update that you could download that may solve your issue.

Ok, I'll just sit back and see what happens....I actually went to Walmart and got another one of the Sony players
that does play it, so I have a backup! You can never have too many dvd players!

Hi aqua girl, the nice thing about the new DVD players is they are pretty cheap and much smaller in size than the older players. I'm also glad companies are still making DVD players and also still improving them. We just recently bought 7 new DVD players to test LITE on and really like how they have improved and simplified the remote controls for them.

I cannot use mine either. I have 3 different ps4 units that ARE updated almost weekly in firmware & all, and NONE of them will play the pyramid pump after the title screen?? How do you explain that? I have bought many of Cathe’s DVDs and love them, but I am very disappointed ☹️ in this? What will happen to us that have bought these sets? Will we be reimbursed or given a for sure working dvd for this? I have received 2 different DVDs of the Pyramid Pump and both DO NOT work when press “play” or “enter”? I was really looking forward to this set..can someone list me for sure blu Ray players that work on ALL of these sets with NO problems..I’m specifically looking to use the “individual supersets upper body” workouts..please help me!!! I just want this to work as from what I was promised when buying this set? Very very disappointed for spending this money for this hassle of just wanting to use these purchases..can anyone else verify a Ps4 does not work either?? I have a perfectly updated and working ps4 Pro, Ps4 slim, & ps4 original..NONE of these work but yet play EVERY single dvd and blu Ray I own perfectly??? Please help and tell me if we can be sent a working dvd to use on Pyramid Pump..I haven’t even tried the other Lite DVDs bc Pyramid Pump is what I wanted..if you can send a working Pyramid Pump dvd can you also let me know the exact model of blu Ray player so I will now have to purchase one for this purpose only...not fair!

Hi mkm1313, I know it's frustrating, but the problem you're having is not because of a faulty DVD. Instead, it's something in the firmware of the player you're using. The replacement DVD customer service sent you was successfully tested before it was sent to you. A DVD that is encoded incorrectly will not play on any DVD player and that's not the case here as thousands of people have played this DVD without any issues. Also, if you take the DVD that you're having an issue with and play it on just about any other DVD player you will find that it plays fine. This means it's not the DVD that is the issue, but something in the firmware on the "PS4" player that is causing the problem. We see this issue with every DVD of ours that have premixes on a small number of players. Premixes are rare so most manufacturers and customers are unaware of any issues with their firmware. Hence, I'm not surprised you haven't had any other problems with your other DVDs, including ours.

Though we don't have a PS4 here at our facility, Bob is going to do some testing at home this weekend on his PS4 after updating it to the latest firmware version and see if he can duplicate your issue. I'm expecting he will see the same thing as you do as others have reported issues with PS3's and PS4's, but it's usually the Stacked Upper Body DVD, not Pyramid Pump that has an issue from what people who have a PlayStation and have reported an issue here in our forums. We can then at least try to make SONY aware of the issue. The nice thing about a PS4 is it's easy to update the firmware. The hard part is getting through to SONY to make them aware of this issue and have them fix it.

I would suggest playing all of the DVDs on your PS4 and let us know of any other issues and we will do the same this weekend. Also, try playing the premixes on Pyramid Pump. Usually, when people have an issue with the main workout not playing, the premixes work fine. I'm curious to know if this work for you on your PS4?

This is unrelated to the PS4 and mkm1313's issues, but since I posted before, thought I would update with a few comments:
I understand what you're saying about the firmware issue, but what I thought was odd was that way back when...I had trouble playing Low Impact Circuit and High Step advanced DVDs (I think those were the ones) on my Sony DVD player. That's when I switched to using my Philips DVD player because it could play those DVDs without issue. So I thought it was odd that the Philips wouldn't play the Stacked Upper DVDs, but the Sony can. Additionally, I tried to play a home movie that I created and the Sony glitches and freezes, but the Philips plays it just fine. Seems odd to me that if the Sony had the more advanced firmware (as evidenced by being able to play the Stacked DVD), why would it not be able to handle some of the other Cathe DVDs and my own home movies? Not really looking for an answer, but wanted you to know some of the inconsistencies going on.

Hi sneakers, just because one player can play a DVD that another player can't doesn't mean it has a more advanced or even better firmware. It just means that the flaw in the firmware for playing the discs you had a problem with on the other player is not present on the player that can play the same DVDs. This also doesn't mean that the firmware is perfect and problem free on this machine that could play the DVDs. Every DVD that is made is unique and has its own code that may or may not be interpreted correctly by a DVD player. In other words, even if you have a player that can play all of the LITE DVDs, it doesn't mean your player will not have a problem with some other DVD that we or someone else makes or will make in the future.

In the case of PlayStations, like mkm 1313 and others have reported, we currently think the issue is caused by the version 6 update to the PlayStation firmware - but we're still looking at into this. We did a test of Pyramid Pump on a regular PS4 PlayStation today and it played fine. However, the main workout for Stacked Upper Body would not play on a PS4 as several other people have already reported and gave an error code CE-35491-2 . We did a preliminary search of this error code and have found that many people have reported this error to SONY starting, I think last year, but SONY has never acknowledged the problem as far as we can tell so far. Here are just some of the DVDs PS4 users have mentioned as being affected by the same error code "CE-35491-2" that seems to affect Stacked Upper Body :
  • Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Ring
  • Artificial Intelligence
  • Jurassic Park 3 from boxed set
  • All About the Benjamins
  • Friday
  • Tom Goes to the Mayor
We're still looking into the PlayStation issue and plan on testing on some different PS4 models. There are probably 4 or 5 different versions of a PS4 and who knows if they use the same or different firmware to play a DVD. But at least with a PlayStation it's easy to update the firmware. The hard part is getting SONY to realize there is an issue and correct it with a new firmware update.

Curt and Bob are doing some PS4 testing this weekend and we will report back after we have had some more time to test some different PS4's and have done some more research on this.

In the case of PS4's, some people that have reported having an issue with some of the DVDs listed above say their DVDs use to work, but stopped working when they updated their system in 2018. So newer firmware sometimes fixes some issues but causes other problems - just like upgrading the OS of your computer. But hopefully, this at least somewhat answers your question.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.