Spin bike?

Kelly SC

Cathe or anyone,

I've been doing practically all of the Cathe workouts 5-6 times a week for the past few years. (Love it/hate it but love you Cathe!). I would now like to add spinning to my home workout routine but I know absolutely nothing about it. I plan to ride with spin DVDs. Primarily, I am looking for some advice on what kind of spin bike to buy. I want something that will last but is a decent value and will give me great workouts. One more thing: I will be sharing the use of the bike with my husband. I'm 5'4" and he's 6'. Is that much of a factor?

Kelly
p.s. I hope that I've posted this on the right forum. I apologize if I didn't.

Hi Kelly! Schwinn and Star Trek make some nice indoor cycles. You can find their websites in our shoppers guide under exercise bikes (access buyers guide from home page). They accomodate all heights so you will only need one bike:)

Good Luck!

Hi Kelly, I hope you don't mind me jumping in. I bought (got) a Schwinn Evolution SR for Xmas. It's a little spendy but we wanted a good bike because both DH and I would be using it. I'm 5'4" and he is 6'3" and he weighs twice what I weigh! This is an excellent bike and has many adjustments that accommodate both our sizes and it's very sturdy. I love it!

Jo

Hi, Kelly,

I bought a spin bike not too long ago from spinning.com. I love my bike and both my husband and I use it. It's adjustable for your height, plus it comes with 4 spin workouts. I use spinning with my Cathe workouts too. I love the combination of both!!!

Chrissy

Hi Kelly, I bought this spin bike through Amazon about 3 years ago and it's great. Not too expensive - $327. I believe it was highly recommended by many Cathletes on this forum.

https://www.amazon.com/Sunny-Health...id=1529073802&sr=8-5&keywords=sunny+spin+bike

139ee4e0-ed82-4a71-b556-ed888942b3f4_3.f675603729328c408e742840bbc88d5b.jpeg

DH and myself have used our spin bike about 7 years. Lamond brand. it was around $1200 so more than baseline bikes but not crazy costly. we use it mostly in winter with a Cathe DVD. we ride road and mt bikes outdoors when weather is better. It has an electronic display to keep track of numbers that I find a good motivator. easily adjusted. I would recommend using a sharpie to mark settings for heights you prefer after you have used it for a while. seats and head set go up and down, back and forth, and you and your DH will set it to fit yourself. much easier if you mark the settings. Lamond is very easy to adjust. I don't like clip in pedals and prefer plain toe baskets. make sure you get the pedal style you want.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.