Shrinking Violets Thursday 7/27

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
G'morning Girls!:)

Well the jury is in...Slim and Lean is FANTASTIC!}(

Today will be cardio only. I will pick my poison when I am ready to roll. No gym today. I am doing my work out this morning and then have lawn max to do...Hmmm...maybe I should switch that around. It's going to be hot today...lawnmax early would probably be wise, ey? Yeah, I'll have to do that instead. ;)

My eating yesterday was on the money EXCEPT for dinner. I made tacos and couldnt' NOT eat any so I had 2 not filled to the brim tacos and then had a bowl of cereal since I was still hungry. So do I get a half of a smiley for yesterday? :p

I am going up to my mom's for the weekly visit tonight. I am going to a store in her town for my running shoes so we'll walk into town together w/DS and then head for dinner afterwards. My dinner will probably NOT be clean but I'll eat the best that I can and try not to GORGE myself. :7

Hey, when are Heidi and Karen coming back??? I miss them!:-(

Hope everyone has a great day!

Good morning. This morning was 2+ miles outside and the Gym Style C/T.
Food yesterday was really good for me. I did have a few chips again. I asked DD if I could throw them out since they were her left overs and she said no, she was finished with them.

Food from yesterday
Breakfast
1 scoop protein w/1 cup ff milk
1/2 banana
Lunch
4oz tuna on 1 slice bread with 1 oz 2% cheese

snack
1 Tbps of Natural Peanut Butter on 1 Slice WW bread

dinner
3 oz 96/4% hamburger on 1 slice WW Bread
1/2 ear of corn w/CBIN Butter spray
1 cup fresh fruit mix

Snack
handful of chips

Last night I grilled up a bunch of chicken and froze up a bunch of individual service of brown rice from the big batch I cooked the day before. Hopefully having the food prepared with help me stay on track.

Wendy, enjoy your cardio day. I would do the yard work first too. As for the eating, moderation is key.

Sunnydelite, I saw your post about Texas and posted a reply. We like it here. If you have any other questions about it ask away. here’s my email [email protected]

gotta run. Hope everyone has a great day.

Jean

I'm going to see if checking in throughout the day helps :) I did BootCamp this morning and am eating a pear to tie me over until the donut breakfast (hopefully they'll include bagels as well). Will write more later--good luck with the lawn work, Wendy -- and good job on your eating ladies :)

Good morning ladies,

quick check in this morning again.

i did 3.5 miles on the treadmill this morning. run/walk intervals.

you ladies are doing great with your eating.
i've decided to do the lean rotation of p90x starting next week. i will also begin my clean eating challenge}(

wendy-tacos, yum:9

Spunky, I just looked at your Pictrail, and your pics are great! Hope you can resist the doghnuts!
Wendy, I can't say no to the tacos. I make them once in a while, and then I eat like 4!!!
Jean and Sunnydelight--great workouts! I wish I could get up and just do it. Never works for me, I have to wait till later in the day!

My WO, which I will do soon during the boys naptime is a challenge circuit, doing free weights with Imax2 blasts in between sets, and then abs, probably from ME and C&W.

So far today- WW Light English Muffin w/PB and turkey sandwich on WW bread, which I had to share with my 2 YO!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in July 25 2006 and Fitness album!!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/154/.png[/img] [/url]

http://www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

Hi all.

My food so far...

1) cheerios in ff milk
2) 1/2 banana w/natural p/b (yes, other 1/2 went to DS!)
3) a few slices of watermelon
4)(I'm eating this right now) turkey & cheese on ww with l/f mayo and some l/f cottage cheese

Ended up going to the gym cause my morning didn't happen the way I had planned it so I did my ICycle 40 min work out on a spin bike. AWESOME work out! I was sweating buckets and the legs were on FIRE!}(

Jean: Well, I TRIED to do yardwork this morning but it failed miserably for many reasons so I will try again in the morning! LOL

Spunky: So be honest...how many donuts did you eat this morning? :p

Sunny: How's that cleaning lady working out? I'm sooo jealous! I'm gonna have to look into that when I go back to work! }(

Megsy: AWESOME KILLER w/o you have planned there girl! Hope you survive it!;)

I am heading up to my mom's in about 90 mins. We are going to eat a quick and early dinner and then take a walk downtown to that shoe store for my new running shoes. After that we are going to hit the local icecream shop for DS and one of the many coffee shops for moi!}( Should be a nice evening...Would be nicer if it cools down a bit.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the afternoon!:)

Well, sorry to disappoint you Wendy (and myself), but my kids didn't sleep well last night, so I have not been myself today, and kinda achy. So, I didn't do my planned WO on my rotation, but I did manage about 30 min of RS, and then I worked my core till it really burned LOL!
I hate it when I feel like this, but I had to listen to my body. My knees were sore, and everything just ached. I think some of it was DOMS, and the rest, who knows?
I have another good one for tomorrow, so I won't fret.

I just had a WG bagel with PB.
Can you tell I like them????

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/154/.png[/img] [/url]

Wendy-the cleaning lady can't start until 8/4...arggh. until then i have to suck it up and do the cleaning myself. did i ever mention how much i detest cleaning....LOL
so are you planning on returning to work?

Hey Ladies! Great job on your eating, workouts, and listening to your body! I did better than usual with the work meeting. I had a whole wheat bagel w/about 1/2 tsp of cream cheese and though I know bagels are loaded w/cals, too, I could have done worse.

This forum thing might actually work! I'm a bit embarrassed to write my weaknesses, so maybe I will be able to get my eating on track! I must admit that there was a stupid sprinkled donut w/white frosting that was left on the breakfast plate, so I grabbed a 1/4 of it on a break (and another 1/4 of a plain bagel)! At lunch, I was really proud of myself for only having 2 slices of thin-crust veggie pizza. As our new manager was talking my brain kept telling me to get another slice since they were right next to me, but I resisted!!!

I had a zone bar at 3 along with a bunch of BBQ soy-crisps that I couldn't stop eating. I won't purchase those anymore! I also walked by another donut that looked like a cherry fritter. They're my favorite, so I thought I'd have a bit of that, but it wasn't very good, so I threw all but 3 bites away. Phew!

When I got home I had 3/4 cup of cantelope and a salad and we'll have salmon when the hubby gets home.

I've attained my fruit/veggie goal and NOT stealing from the candy dish. If I drink some more water and keep from snacking tonight, I just might earn a smiley face!

Megadoo, I REALLY appreciate your comment. I love the picture trails of everyone else, too. Especially the babies!!!! I'm jealous :). In high school I was a gymnast and at 25 I'm still trying to accept the fact that it's nearly impossible to be in that kind of shape at this point in my life. :). I keep telling myself that I should just try to do the best I can to become a healthy (balanced) role model for my future children. My hubby and I probably won't start trying to have kids for another couple of years, so I'm trying to develop some healthy habits now :)

Enjoy the rest of your evening, ladies!

Speaking of picture trails, I see you updated yours, Megadoo. You look awesome as well and your little boys are adorable. I bet they love those 4 wheelers!

Yeah, I have a hard time keeping them off the four wheelers LOL!!! Thanks for the comments. Really makes me feel good! Good job resisting doghnuts. That is a weakness for me--saying no to something in front of me!!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Wendy, I just looked at your pics again, and I don't think I saw the progress pics before, but your bicep is kick a$$! That is my goal to get my arms that lean and toned. YOu look great. That dress in your avatar really shows your shoulders!

Sunny--your kids are adorable!!!!!!!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Shrinking Violets Check-in

This is a late check-in for me. I was running late this morning and did not have time to check-in before work. I logged in during my lunch hour but spent that time responding to Dani in Open Discussion about intuitive eating.

My cycle is wearing me out this month. I came home after work last night and took a 4-hour nap! I was concerned that it would disrupt my sleep schedule, so I read a book to help me fall asleep last night. It feels good to finally be on track with a consistent bedtime and to be back on track with my morning workouts.

I am eating more intuitively now. Ironically, my eating is cleaner than ever. I am actually eating a bit less too (especially in the evening hours). The only drawback is that I am getting hungry during my morning workout. I may need to start eating a piece of fruit first to give me a burst of energy.

I am learning to exercise more intuitively too. Instead of planning formal rotations, I am waking up and picking a workout that sounds like fun and feels like a good match for my energy level. I am having a blast! My Bible study lesson took longer than expected this morning, so I choose Supersets for my morning workout. I am so glad I did. What a fun workout! This has been a week of fun workouts. I like this combination so much that I may repeat it for a few weeks until I need a change. Even though I do not have a formal rotation planned, I still have a general game plan to do cardio on Monday morning and Wednesday morning and some type of circuit training or weight training on Tuesday morning, Thursday morning, and Saturday morning.

Tomorrow is Friday and a planned rest day! Have a blessed day!

Wendy, Rhythmic Step was my first Cathe step workout. I connected with it immediately and picked up most of the choreography the first time. The scoop turns and reverse scoops in the second combination were the hardest moves for me to get. Step Blast is the one that frustrated me. Cathe lost me during the warmup the first time I attempted that one. I finally mastered the choreography one combination at a time thanks to the Timesaver DVD.

Sunny, where do you live now? I hope you move to Texas! I live between Dallas and Austin and would love to meet you!

Heidi and Karen, please come back soon. I miss you!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Shrinking Violets Check-in

Congrats Heather on making your workout a fun part of your balanced life. I know I always feel better when I can get a grip on the basics of going to sleep on time, doing a workout that excites me and eating right.

Well I think I did it. I went for a 3.5 mile run tonight as part of my 1/2 marathon training, so I feel good. I'll probably have a cup of tea (w/a bit of milk and sugar) and go to bed.

Tomorrow's a rest day for me, too :) I just have to make sure my food intake matches my decrease in activity. I'll let you know how it goes.

:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.