Shred Cardio

I really love Shred....I had to pause and take breaks but I made it through. Really love the music in this one.

Just curious, does anyone else think the step warmup in Shred Cardio is faster moving on the step than other
Step warmups? ( meaning the bpm's of the music?). I love the warmup, it is a good solid, basic step warmup,
But gosh, I hardly have time to go corner to corner with the different moves, like knees, outer thigh lifts, etc)
I almost have to stay more to the center of the step to get turned corner to corner :). Just wondering if anyone
Else noticed if it's faster, probably just me! :). I remember the first time I did it, I thought, OMG, I need to warmup
Before I do the warmup! :)

Just curious, does anyone else think the step warmup in Shred Cardio is faster moving on the step than other
Step warmups? ( meaning the bpm's of the music?). I love the warmup, it is a good solid, basic step warmup,
But gosh, I hardly have time to go corner to corner with the different moves, like knees, outer thigh lifts, etc)
I almost have to stay more to the center of the step to get turned corner to corner :). Just wondering if anyone
Else noticed if it's faster, probably just me! :). I remember the first time I did it, I thought, OMG, I need to warmup

I agree. I think the step warm up is fast. I also have to stay more toward the center of the step to get corner to corner. I am glad you posted this. I also thought it was just me :). I do love the workout and the warm up. I know now I have to be ready to go when I hit play.

Linda

Yes, for sure speedier! But I find I like it, because I think the goal is to get your heart rate up in a shorter period of time, since the entire cardio segment is shorter than most. Also, I don't know about everyone else, but I find I am very grateful for the low-impact segment (which reminds me of LIS Athletic Training), because it really helps me catch my breath so I can give my all on the remaining blasts.

I've yet to give this one a try; I've just recovered from 3 weeks of respiratory illness :( One of my goals this year is to get better at step and gain more confidence with jumping on and off. This looks like a good one!

I am so glad I saw your post about this, I was thinking it was me. I have been away from step for awhile doing more weight routines and when I started with shred warm up I was constantly a beat or two behind and also having a hard time making it to corner to corner. Getting ready to do Shred for the 4th time and still scared! This for me is the hardest of the Split, but I do love a challenge.

I've yet to give this one a try; I've just recovered from 3 weeks of respiratory illness :( One of my goals this year is to get better at step and gain more confidence with jumping on and off. This looks like a good one!

I leave my step at one riser, and don't feel one bit guilty about it! I do this for RWH Lower Body Circuit and Plyo HIIT 2 as well. It is the over-and-over jumping that I just can't do fast enough with 2 risers. So I try to focus on lifting the step moves and squatting deeper on the plyo jacks and power turning squats to compensate for the lower height.

I thought it was just me... glad to know I'm not the only one who found the warm-up very fast paced! I'm not a huge step fan but I felt like I was being rushed and that I was going crazy.... :D

I leave my step at one riser, and don't feel one bit guilty about it! I do this for RWH Lower Body Circuit and Plyo HIIT 2 as well. It is the over-and-over jumping that I just can't do fast enough with 2 risers. So I try to focus on lifting the step moves and squatting deeper on the plyo jacks and power turning squats to compensate for the lower height.

Glad to see I'm not the only one! I can't jump over two risers - broken ankles ahoy if I try. I do the same for the others you mentioned as well. I still get a good workout. I like this one, short and sweet and gets the job done!

Thanks girls! Least I know I'm not crazy! I do wish it was a couple bpm's slower, cause I think my form suffers
A bit as I am trying to get to each corner on beat and try to do the moves correctly, but it is a good basic step
Warmup. Anymore, I only use the step platform for step cardio, but will use 1 or 2 risers for things like uneven
Squats, lunges, etc.

Have you tried using the "slow" speed on your DVD player...( this is if you are using a DVD player and not streaming :)..)?

Another Cathlete posted this as how she learns Cathe's step moves and sometimes using it when it is just too fast to keep up.

I never thought of that! Normally I do stream, but now I gotta see how that would work :)

ETA: well, that doesn't really work, the video slows a little, but in that mode, there is no sound..
Until you put it back in regular play, at least on my Sony DVD player. Good idea, tho'

Guess, I just gotta get it in gear, and move faster:), cause I really like the warmup!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.