September 2015 Fit Mommas Check-in

Karen, like Lisa said, you c'mon over any day!
Lisa, like Karen said, you do have a wonderful family! :)

Karen, my daughter's almost two, so we're doing OK, sleep-wise. I'm sure she'll change her mind about that eventually, so I'm loving the 7 hours while I can get 'em!

Lisa, great job on KCM stepboxing. That one does look fun!
This morning I was really feeling all those deadlifts and chinups, but I'm trying to do a little squat work every day. I so did 'Fight For Your Right' (Julia Ladewski's workout from LWF1). Holy moly -- half way through the first set (24 double DB thrusters [deep front squats into overhead presses] :eek:), I was like, what was I thinking?! But I made it through! Took about half an hour.
I'm thinking tomorrow I'll walk/rest/yoga, then GSF2 on Monday. Two weeks left -- what?!

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend with your lovely family!
Hugs,
Roz

Ouch, working through those DOMS today, huh Roz? I feel ya. My hamstrings are still sore from Trisets Live so of course today I did Bootcamp w/Step Live (2/26/2015), which has some leg work including Cathe-style DLs. Add this Live to your list. Great cardio!!!

More musical lyrics come to mind from 'Fight For Your Right,' this time Sister Suffragette from Mary Poppins. DD1 is obsessed with this movie and loves singing the songs, esp Sister Suffragette. All with a British accent, of course (I kid you not). ;)

Went to a fun bday party for a neighbor girl today. My sweet, tentative, timid little DD2 started crying during the Happy Birthday song. All those loud voices were scary! :) It's been a good day. I hope you have wiped off the Pumpkin Spice CB from your face and have been able to enjoy the day with your cute family.

HUGS galore! Be back on Monday.

Lisa

Sheesh, just when I think I've done all the Lives out there, I stumble across Drill Max Live (8/13/2015) in my "hmmm, what the heck should I do today?" search. ;) I guess I shouldn't be surprised that there are still many unexplored Cathe Live gems out there since I think there are about 70 of them now! Anyway, Drill Max Live gets an A+++ in my book. I liked it better than the DVD.

How are you doing today? Hope your foot is being nice instead of naughty! (Same with that little precious princess of yours, although I doubt she has a naughty bone in that sweet little body.) :)

XOXO

Lisa

Lisa!
GREAT WORK on your workouts -- but what's new??
I love the original Drill Max, so I'm glad to hear that the Live version doesn't disappoint!

Yesterday I had a pretty 'blah' squat session. Short. Then some walking and yoga. I've been feeling a little under the weather, like I'm fighting something off maybe.

I will get to my email soon -- I hope! Also, I'll likely be cutting way back on internet time in the coming months just due to feeling overwhelmed and needed to free up more time to tick things off my to-do list. Sigh. Kinda overwhelmed, but in a good way.

Sorry if I'm all over the place right now -- gotta run, but first -- glad to hear our DDs are on the same page. ;) Mine has been singing 'Oh, what a beautiful mornin'' from Oklahoma! Not always in tune but always cute!

Big hugs, as ever!
Roz

Hi Roz,

It's that time of the year, isn't it? Cold, flu, and blah! I wish I could bring you over some veggie soup.

Totally understand cutting down on Internet time. It's harder and harder for me to get at it these days, and although I try to be efficient with my screen time I know I still waste time with it. At least you're feeling overwhelmed in a good way.

Our DDs should star in a stage musical together some day. It would be the cutest show in town!

All About Legs Live (5/22/14) for me today. I've done this one multiple times. I think I did it a couple of weeks ago, in fact.

Glad your getting in some walking, hopefully comfortably on that foot.

XOXO!

Lisa

XTrain Burn Sets, but wanted something different so I did the Chest, Shoulders, Triceps premix. I wanted to work chest but with minimal push-ups. I've just been feeling push-upped-out lately. (I make up words. It's my thing. ;))

Next up will be Back and Biceps premix, perhaps tomorrow.

Hugs!

Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.