Rotation suggestion?

mom2one

Can anyone recommend a rotation that focuses on the lower body (specifically saddlebags!). I would still like to get a full body workout, but would like a rotation that targets more the lower body as that is where any little last bit of fat is trying to hang on! :p I follow a very clean diet since I have multiple food allergies and I eat a paleo/primal (some pastured/raw dairy) diet due to my allergies. I have been collecting numerous CATHE workouts and was following some of X-train before the holidays. Unfortunately, I only have a small window of opportunity to workout every day...30-45 minutes first thing in the morning at the most. I'm not looking to lose any more weight (lost over 90 lbs. already!) and my body fat percentage is good at 18%. I like to lift weights and kickbox, but I'm not coordinated for any of the step workouts (wish I were :eek:). I also find I enjoy barre/pilates workouts a lot and I also try to incorporate yoga into my routine at least once a week. I am 46, 5'2 and weigh 105 lbs. I simply want to maintain my weight, gain muscle and lose this stubborn fat around my thighs and perhaps improve my posture (I broke my back years ago!). Would love to get some suggestions on workouts I could use to acheive this and maxamize my time. :) ~Thanks!!!:D

Do you have the LIS series? If so, look at the November 2011 rotation. I got good lower body results with this rotation. This series makes good use of the sliding discs which work those saddlebags in a great way. I'm not a huge step fan, so I subbed Low Impact Challenge with other cardio (Cardio Supersets or spinning).

You could do a premix from the suggested workout of the day when you are short on time. Hope this helps!

Lisa

Hi Mom2one,

Day one: Muscle Max /High rep or power hour
Day Three:Muscle Max/high rep or power hour
Plus cardio of your preference. I would limit Hiit to maximum once per week.

For two week, Then you can do High rep for two weeks. Possibly you can do three weeks Muscle Max and a week of High rep if you have been working out Strength endurance recently a lot (within 6 months).

I suggest you do this rotation for more than a month because results truly never happen over a night! Depending on each individual's body type it can takes 3,6 or 12 months!

To get ride of saddles you need old school heavy weight lifting. Deadlift (Please have a check up visit to your physiotherapist before lifting heavy), lunges and squat will hit abductors muscles (outer side glutes area)

I am afraid I can not suggest much on other matters. You will need to see your physiotherapist before tackling any HEAVY weight lifting exercise for your back.
Strengthening your back muscle will improve your posture.

All the best,

Last edited:
The only thing that helped me get rid of those horrific saddle bags was heavy walking lunges. And I only did/do a heavy leg workout 1x week. So you don't need all that much time. I think you've gotten some really good suggestions here. Good luck.

Anything with firewalkers in ;)
In fact -just put the firewalkers on and do a '100 rep challenge' with them everyday. :eek:

Do you have the LIS series? If so, look at the November 2011 rotation. I got good lower body results with this rotation. This series makes good use of the sliding discs which work those saddlebags in a great way. I'm not a huge step fan, so I subbed Low Impact Challenge with other cardio (Cardio Supersets or spinning).

You could do a premix from the suggested workout of the day when you are short on time. Hope this helps!

Lisa

Hi Lisa!

I DO have the LI Total Body Trisets and Afterburn and these are actually two of my favorites! :) I think I must like them because they involve a lot of compound exercises and I like the more functional exercises. Plus, I like the bonus of working multiple body parts at once...which for me is great, since I don't have a lot of time to devote to working out (I'm a homeschool mom!)! :) I will need to add more of the LI series in my cart! It looks like all I'm looking for. And thanks for the Rotation suggestion!

Anything with firewalkers in ;)
In fact -just put the firewalkers on and do a '100 rep challenge' with them everyday. :eek:

Justine! OH! agreed!!! LOL If the firewalkers don't get rid of them, then I don't know WHAT will! I hate them/love them! :D I did Butts & Guts yesterday and only did the "standing" segment minus the abs, and I can hardly sit down today! LOL I will do the "floor" segment with ankle weights on Friday and see how it goes. :) thanks for your reply!

Hi Mom2one,

Day one: Muscle Max /High rep or power hour
Day Three:Muscle Max/high rep or power hour
Plus cardio of your preference. I would limit Hiit to maximum once per week.

For two week, Then you can do High rep for two weeks. Possibly you can do three weeks Muscle Max and a week of High rep if you have been working out Strength endurance recently a lot (within 6 months).

I suggest you do this rotation for more than a month because results truly never happen over a night! Depending on each individual's body type it can takes 3,6 or 12 months!

To get ride of saddles you need old school heavy weight lifting. Deadlift (Please have a check up visit to your physiotherapist before lifting heavy), lunges and squat will hit abductors muscles (outer side glutes area)

I am afraid I can not suggest much on other matters. You will need to see your physiotherapist before tackling any HEAVY weight lifting exercise for your back.
Strengthening your back muscle will improve your posture.

All the best,

Thank you so much, Nathalie for your reply and suggestions! :) I have Muscle Max but actually have not done it yet. I will need to peek at the premixes (if available) to see if I can work this in within my time limits (I only have about 30-40 minutes every day to work out). I love lifting weights, so I'm sure I will want to add this one into my rotation! Thanks again for your help!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.