ROTATION REQUEST

Stacy

Cathlete
Hi Cathe, thank you for always taking the time to post monthly rotations.

I was wondering if you could post a 5 day a week rotation, with one day being Yoga (not as an optional Yoga/Rest day). It's hard to come up with a good rotation that really works everything, including flexibility. I never seem to ever have time in a week to do 6 workouts so I always leave off the yoga workout for the week.

Thanks for your consideration!

I did see the Nov 2011 LIS rotation had a yoga day but it is still a 6 day a week rotation. Is there another rotation you're referring to? I'm looking for a 5 day a week rotation (1 yoga + 4 other workout days + 2 rest days)

Hi, Stacy. I haven't seen a Cathe rotation similar to what you are asking for. However, I rarely have the time to work out six days a week, so I do have a few suggestions for you based on what I have tried for myself.

Option 1: Do you have the 4DS series? If so, you can do the 4 day split and add the yoga day wherever you most need it.

Option 2: Two upper body weight days with cardio and two lower body weight days with cardio, plus a yoga day. For example, Muscle Endurance upper body weights with a short cardio segment (search for short premixes on any step, kick box, Hiit, or Liit workout), Muscle Endurance lower body with short cardio segment, Muscle Max upper body with short cardio, Muscle Max lower body with short cardio, then a yoga day.

Option 3: A three day weight training split with brief cardio segments, one cardio day, and one yoga day. This is similar to a rotation I am currently doing. For example, Gym Style upper body with one segment from Cardio Slam, Gym Style lower body, Gym Style upper body with a different segment from Cardio Slam, one cardio day (step, kick box, Hiit, etc.), and one yoga day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.