Rock Bottoms - Check in

molasses

Cathlete
Starting a check in for those wanting to do a rock bottoms rotation.

I am currently following the 2013 rotation but will need to make substitutions at times

Today is day 2 for me, Pyramid UB with 300 walking lunges (20 lb weighted vest). I started out strong with the walking lunges but had to break them up into chunks of 30 with breaks by the end. Sweat Fest for me!

Have a great day everyone

I will have to make random substitutions too.

Today's workout: Pyramid Upper Body + 300 walking lunges, mostly with 8 lb weights, about 50 with 10 lb weights. I had to put on some motivational music to get me through these! The last 100 were definitely tough. Not sure I'll be able to do Butts and Guts tomorrow!

Chisel’d upper Body for me today with Rear delts and icy core #1.
Yesterday I did Imax,but instead of lunges I did hip thrusts, 150 reps. Thought I would mix it up a bit.
I remember doing all those lunges When I last did RBR.

Good morning!

Jewels5 Oh my goodness, yes, I needed music to get through all those lunges too. I’m so glad we’re done with those for the week. What do you listen to?

I was not able to face Butts and Guts this morning because of all the lunges so I chose Cathe Live Totally Toned Legs which is high rep with floor work at the end, I really liked it even though floor work is challenging to me. I do see Advil in my future. Lol!

Terina Do you do your hip thrusts weighted? I’d like to start incorporating hip thrusts in order to strengthen my hamstrings but I’m not sure how to begin.

Hello!

molasses, funny you should ask because I almost posted what song I listened to but didn't want to offend anyone. Lol! I listened to Rump Shaker by Wreckx-N-Effect. I had it on repeat. I love pop music and the title got me motivated. Yes, I won't be looking forward to those lunges next time around! Good idea to pass on Butts and Guts. I'm a little worried how I'm going to be feeling tomorrow.

I love doing hip thrusts. I was thinking about them while doing B&G and how effective they are!

Today's workout: Butts and Guts (so glad this one's out of the way early!)

Terina Do you do your hip thrusts weighted? I’d like to start incorporating hip thrusts in order to strengthen my hamstrings but I’m not sure how to begin.
[/QUOTE]
Yes. I used 65lbs the other day.I think the heaviest I've done is 85lbs but that was like 8reps 4x's. I know I need to go heavier for glue development. If you have Cathe's Xtrain series on disc 5 she has a bonus Hip thrust of 100 reps and she explains it really well .

Today I did Xtrain legs,I hadn't done this one in a while I subbed it for Leaner Legs from cross train it was a
great
workout. I did premix 2. I need to really work on using heavier weight specially with floor work.for pizza press I used 5lbs which I totally could of done heavier:oops: I used cathe's green band for "clams" and Amanda's Latona's "Booty Queen" bands( those are some real good bands) for fire walkers. Oh!! and glue activation exercises before main workout. =)
Have a great Friday ladies:) will report back tomorrow.

Jewels5 LOL! I like your style, will add that one to my playlist. :D

You’ve both convinced me, I will add in some hip thrusts once a week (an extra bonus for the bootie). I will look at the segment on Cathe’s xtrain but will have to work up to 65lbs, that’s for sure.

Terina you can never go wrong with Xtrain but oh that floor work is tough. I love glute activation exercises, I stole my routine from Whitney Simmons.

This morning was KickMax. Loved it.

Jewels5 I that’s so cool I also do my glute activation from Whitney Simmons

Today I did Cathe Live Ready, set step. I really like this one. It’s a great workout choreography is simple to learn.
Off for next 2 days have a great weekend

Hi! I'm still with you! Just had a very busy couple of days.

molasses, glad we have similar tastes! Lol!

Terina, enjoy your 2 days off!

I had to look up Whitney Simmons! I'll have to incorporate her exercises into my routine. (Terina, it was molasses who has done her workouts but now you've both got me intrigued!)

Yesterday I did Kickmax: Low Impact Kick Box. Today (actually late this evening) was Flex Train and BBW. There was a bit of dread with BBW at 11pm!

Good morning!

Jewels5 are you on Instagram? Alexia Clark is also someone I like to follow. She's very creative with the moves and you can add on one or two rounds of her suggested workouts after doing Cathe

I did Flex Train on Saturday and took it easy yesterday. Because I completed STS a few weeks ago I want to incorporate more upper body into the rotation so this morning I did RWH lihi back biceps and shoulders premix 11. Bam! But only 1 round of x10.

Good afternoon ladies I apologize for the mix up.
Today I did Imax 2 I was doing so well even thinking of doing it on 8”step then blast #9 came around and brought me right back to reality....lol

molasses what kind of results did you experience with STS? Did you do the 3 1/2 or 6 month rotation? That is such a great series.

Jewels5 how was BWW? Haven’t done it in so long. I think it’s up on my schedule tomorrow. What bb weight did you use? So awesome you got it done at 11pm

checking in for today and yesterday,
Tuesday I did Lite-Pyramid Upper Body(I sub for original Upper body pyramid) + BBW (2006’s). It turned out to be a 2 hr workout :p by me not being organized.
Today another sub, FitSplit Kickboxing instead of KPC enjoying this rotation

Hello! I ended up taking Sunday and Monday off. My body just wasn't feeling it on Monday. So Tuesday morning I did the Low Impact Premix from X10 and then last night I did three segments from To The Max. Yowza! I was glad to be interrupted by a phone call! This evening I subbed ICE Rock'm Sock'm Kickboxing for MMA Boxing and added on BBW and the 300 lunges since I missed BBW yesterday.

molasses, thank you for the recommendation! I've only recently joined Instagram but I am now following Alexia Clark. :) I've been wanting to ask you and Terina what you use for bands? Great job completing STS! I got through 10 weeks of it back in 2011 and never went back to it (had to stop for medical reasons) although I would like to get back to it one of these days. ETA: Oh my gosh I just noticed the Deal of the Day is STS! :D

Terina, IMax 2 is tough! BBW is much better than the 300 lunges.:Do_O I forgot to mention I actually mixed it up tonight and did 100 forward lunges on the step, 100 step ups, and 100 low lunges. I used 20 lb dumbbells.

Last edited:
Hello!

Yesterday I did 4DS Kickboxing and Core bit did not make it to the legs portion. I had hoped to last night but developed a fever in the afternoon. I’m feeling better than yesterday and hoping to get back to it tomorrow if all goes well. Crossing my fingers that I’ve nipped this in the bud.

Hello!

jewels5, I hope you're feeling better.

Sorry I've been MIA, we had snowmageddon in Ottawa + overtime at work just took up my time. I have been working out though.

Terina: I completed the 3.5 months rotation of STS and my strength definitely increased for every body part except for biceps. This was only my second time doing the program (first in 2011 too!) But now I think I'm hooked and want to do it again this year. PS: I started listening to my own music mixes which helped motivate me during the 3rd, andmesocycle.

Those 300 lunges are brutal, jewels5 I like how you broke them up.

Today I did Cathe Live's Leg Day and one round of this routine as my add on

Hope your Sundays are going well!

hello ladies
Sorry I thought I posted my workouts.
Thursday-Pyramid Pump Upper Body + BBW , I did so much better with organizing equipment so it was a smooth flow.
Friday- Cathe’s “cycle 1” live. Such a great workout

Saturday- Pyramid Pump Lower Body. That was my first time doing this workout and enjoyed it. Left me a sweaty mess.
Just wanted to mention I’m also on IG as fitgranny. I also post my workouts there

Hello!

jewels5, I hope you're feeling better.

Sorry I've been MIA, we had snowmageddon in Ottawa + overtime at work just took up my time. I have been working out though.

Terina: I completed the 3.5 months rotation of STS and my strength definitely increased for every body part except for biceps. This was only my second time doing the program (first in 2011 too!) But now I think I'm hooked and want to do it again this year. PS: I started listening to my own music mixes which helped motivate me during the 3rd, andmesocycle.

Those 300 lunges are brutal, jewels5 I like how you broke them up.

Today I did Cathe Live's Leg Day and one round of this routine as my add on

Hope your Sundays are going well!
I’m for sure going to add this to my workout. This is a great sub for BBW

Monday’s- Body Max’s Upper Body (only) + BBW
Tuesday- Step Fit. Just 1st and 1/2 of 2nd combo. I had to cut workout short because of an appointment.
Today will be the rest of step fit and Core Max with Whitney Simmon’s Lower body workout. The video above
Jewels5 and Molasses hope all is well

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.