Push It

No pushup for me since Thursay...maybe tonight though. Friday night I did the lower body premix of Turbo Barre. My legs were burning almost the entire time. However, no DOMS yet. Everyone is right though about Turbo Barre being very unique. I do have to say that I did miss the sweat factor that you get from a Cathe workout. I think I might do the premixes of this workout combined with some cardio next time. Tonight is supposed to be Intensity but I might take a rest day instead. I am starting STS Meso #3 tomorrow. Thank goodness. These recovery weeks leave you feeling like addict going through withdrawl!

Susan - I think alot of people do the STS workouts without going through the whole program. I think Meso #2 and Meso #3 are the ones that really bulk you up. I didn't know much bicep change until the middle of Meso #2. Maybe you could start with Meso #1 and see how your body changes.

Laura - I glad that you are feeling better and that the rash is clearing up. Hopefully, your mouth is starting to feel better too! Way to go on the pushup as well!

TTOM for me too so didn't have as much energy as normal on yesterday. I was scheduled for push ups and managed only 3 sets yesterday-----25, 20, 15. I also spent 40 minuteson the elliptical.

I, too, have been missing in action - sorry!

I didn't do any pushups today, although I plan to do them tomorrow or Tuesday. I didn't workout for the past 5 days, uggghhhh, but today I did a 5k run on the treadmill at the gym. I didn't get too far with week 2 of my LIS Nov rotation, so beginning tomorrow I am going to redo that week, starting with, I think, Athletic Training. I slightly fell off the w/o wagon last week, but now I'm back on it and looking forward to my LIS workouts! :p

I hope everyone had a nice weekend!

Hahaha! Me too! Last time I did push up was probably 5 days ago I have been exercising though. My legs were sore after bonus burn after burn 2 days ago & 10 mile run yesterday. Today was rest. I'm thinking tomorrow I'll see how much push up I can PUSH:)

My morning workout today was Disc 28 Meso 3 Chest and Back. I don't have the best form for chest flys and sometimes they hurt my shoulder so I decided to substitute push ups for the first 4 sets of flys that alternated with back in the beginning of the workout. I normally do my pushups before I begin my workout so I knew doing push ups after I have done 4 sets of chest presses with 30 lbs dumbells and rows with 65 lbs barbell that it was going to be a challenge. Anyway, next was 4 sets of flys alternating with one arm row. I was able to push ups instead of the flys. I did 25-20-16-14. I so tired by then. I continued through the workout and skipped the last exercises of incline flys and one arm rows and opted to do Butts and Gutts standing glute work and stability ball abs. I am feeling good on a Monday morning and now it is time to get ready for work.

I am a morning exerciser. I usually get up about 4:30 AM.

Good morning everyone :)

I guess the moon, tides & time change, has made the majority of us "slack off", which is good to hear I'm not the only one :eek:. I have not done push-up's in......I think.....I'm not sure when actually.

Yesterday I had my sis' sweet 16th b-day party at a Chinese buffet. Today I will be burning off the cals w/Imax 3 and a lovely walk to the park w/my daughter. Is spring really here? I won't get my hopes up.

Heartmax
Your counts are awesome! I hear you on the morning w/o thing. I am a morning person by nature.
Stacie
Congrats on getting to Meso 3! I am SO waiting for it to be the deal of the day. I love TB. That one makes me sweat big time. It's funny how everyone is different.
Kara
Great to see you back! 5k run ain't too shabby ;)
Susan
How are you liking the rotation so far? I was always so sore after every leg w/o, but I really pushed myself with the weights too. No bulk either, just nice, lean definition and an overall tone. All my pants are so loose now in the thigh/butt area and look kinda' funny. I think pant shopping is in order ;). You mention that your arms are normally muscular right? That is amazing, I love it. I knew this one woman from Africa and she had these amazing, cut arms. I asked her what she "did" and she said "ummm nothing". I was totally jealous.
Laura
Your counts are fantastic! Don't you just love Cathe??

Gotta run ladies! Have a great day!

Today's workout was muscle max upper body only. I did push up first & was able to do 50+20 (shaky) then I looked my workout sheet for MM & starts with push up!!! So I did 12+12 then by the time for slow push up I had to go down on my knees, lol!

Hi Everyone!

Looks like we have all been very busy. To sum up my workouts since last checking in:

Friday - KPC (no pushups)

Saturday - Leaner legs, plus I did step moves. So fun, but sure doesn't get my heart rate up.

Sunday - Hiit 40/20 (holy cow, hard but I loved it. I did really great keeping up with her pace except the butt kicks. I stopped 20 seconds in to start over to try to keep pace, but no luck)
I also did TBT UB. I haven't done that one in a while, and the pushups are hard, I can't do all the soldiers, or foot crossover, I do some and then just try to keep pace with regular pushups. I think I ended up doing 4-8 total on my knees, not bad, but not great.

Today - LIC extreme premix. Love that one, but now that I have done CCC and Hiit, it didn't get my h.r. up as much as in the past. I guess that's good.

Push up counts will come today or tomorrow.

Heartymax and buneknek - you are doing so great with your pushups. I seriously don't know how you do so many, or why I can't?!?!?!

Natty - I am loving this rotation, it's making me do workouts I wouldn't normally do, it gives me structure, and I feel forced to comply. Last week my lower body was so fatigued. So far so good this week, but I am doing LBB tomorrow (I think this one is an extra workout I threw into my rotation.) This is another one I haven't done yet, but it looks fun. Luckily Wednesday is my off day, I think I will need it. As for the arms, they aren't normally muscular, I have worked at it over the past couple of years. Since January (and the LIS rotation) I really leaned up in my arms and abs. So my arms are as lean as I want them to be. Or as lean as my husband wants them to be. He doesn't like the cut look as much. According to him women are supposed to be "soft", but not fat.... hmmm seems like a tall order. How do you accomplish that?

Have a great day everyone. It looks like Spring has sprung in Chicagoland which is great. Loving the temps!

Susan

Susan---I like 40/20 better than 30/30 but when I do it is more like 40/30 because I take a longer break between the intervals:D. A year ago I could barely do 10 push ups on my knees. It would have been hard for anyone to convince me that I could ever do 1 push up on my toes. My strength definitely increased with my first round of STS. I forced myself to do all the push ups on my knees with Meso 1 and by the time I finished Meso 2, I was amazed at how much stronger I had gotten. I think I said earlier that I surprised myself the day that I attempted to do push ups on my toes and actually did a few.

Laura-----PUB was one of my first Cathe's. I remember using it every other day for months. I have so much love for PUB even though I have so many other DVD options from Cathe now.

I just ordered the presale DVD, hardcore extreme & PUB/PLB. I hear a lot of good reviews about pyramids so hopefully I'll like it too.
I was doing STS but had to stop Meso 3 coz my half marathon is in 2 weeks & I feel like not getting enough cardio with strength training 3xweek.
I agree with heartymax that STS helps with push up.
Tomorrow is 6 miles run on my treadmill. No push up:(

I did Imax 2 today. I had Athletic Training on my rotation, but decided to substitute with something high impact. I was regretting my choice of DVD come the end. Those last few combos are killer! It probably didn't help that I used 2 risers on each side (Cathe only uses one on each side). It was my way of punishing myself for not working out for the last few days. ;):p

I also tackled pushups. I wasn't expecting anything magical as I wasn't really "feeling it." I did 10 pushups in a row. Then 4-4-4-3. With about 30 seconds of rest between each set. I was hoping to beat my high of 18 pushups, but didn't happen today. But as I said, I wasn't too surprised. I'll get there!

Susan - You're doing the February rotation, right? I'm curious about your results as well.

I really think they should make the time change happen on a Friday night as opposed to a Saturday night. I almost overslept today, which would have meant my first grader was late for school. It would have been nice to have an extra day to get used to the new time change before another Monday! I sure am liking the extra light at the end of the day though! I agree with Natasha, I am really hoping it is spring, but not really holding my breath. We are supposed to hit 70 on Friday and Saturday ..... gah! :D

Kara

Kara - Yes I am doing the Feb rotation. I am about 1.5 weeks again and am doing things a bit out of order. I have also thrown in some extra routines (step moves, an extra Butts&Guts and an extra Lower Body Blast). So far, I am not seeing a change in my lower half however, I am feeling loss of some upper body strength. I did TBT upper body on Sunday, and it just about killed me. I did it rather successfully about 4 weeks ago, and Sunday was a struggle. It's important to note that I am not dieting, so I am continuing to eat to maintain my current weight.

Today I did LBB for the first time, I really liked it. Not as hard as B&G so therefore not as much of a dread factor, but I am a fan of B&G regardless. When I do LBB again, I will skip the bar segment, I didn't care for it much, too much calf work for my liking. I think I will repeat the warrior lunges and the elevated lunges (those elevated lunges were TOUGH, I didn't finish all of the reps on one side), maybe the floorwork too. I think with those swaps it will still be about 75-80 minutes.

Tomorrow is a rest day, and Thursday is Imax2. I am looking forward to it. I was considering using 2 risers per side too. Did a quick preview to refresh my memory to see if it was doable, looks doable and I am thinking it will be tough. I was planning to survey the forum to see if anybody has used 2 risers before, and now I don't have to! We'll see how it goes. I keep track of my heart rate after each blast, I am anxious to see how it compares to prior attempts.

Not sure if I will do pushups today, definitely no time tomorrow, so Thursday at the latest. Not making good progress with that challenge.

Susan

Sunday night was Disc #28 of STS for me. Heartymax is right about the Chest Flys. There were 8 sets of them...four on a flat bench and four on an incline. Last night was KPC...I remember now why I don't do that workout as much as I should. I bought that one from eBay and it skips quite a bit on the main DVD player which is an older one. It's very annoying but that's also my fault for not switching the cables to use the new one. I had already started the workout when I remembered that it skipped like that.

Pushups last night were less than impressive. 10 total over 3 sets (4-3-3). My lower back hurt quite badly while do them (I think from STS -- I screwed up the amount of weight I used on some of the sets and did more than I was supposed to. I was impressed that I could do it but I did worry at the time that it would come back to haunt me which it has.). Tonight is STS with the Squat rack. I may sub that with Lower Body Blast because I am worried the squats will make it worse. No matter what, I will do the Stability Ball #1 stretch from Total Body Stretching. That stretch is amazing for back pain. Every time my back hurts, I do that program and the next day my back is pain free. Wonderful!!!!

@Raciela and @Kara - Glad to see you back!

@Natty - I HATE the time change. I feel so tired. My son has been kinda grouchy too. It's nice to have more light in the evening but now it's so dark in the mornings. I know we will adjust soon. I just really dislike the first week or so of feeling extra tired.

@HeartyMax - I didn't know we were in the same place in STS! I don't know how I missed that! This is my first time doing STS and I did almost all the pushups on my knees as well. I regret that now. I do feel a lot stronger lifting wise but the toe pushups are still a huge challenge...not sure why. I kinda regret not forcing myself to do more on my toes from the start. Overall though, I have been really happy with the program.

Busy week this week...I might not be around much. Enjoy your week and good luck on the pushups!

Hi ladies :)

Yesterday was Imax3 :eek:. I was able to do it all the way through without sucking wind and collapsing from muscle failure. I know if I can nail that one, I'm in good shape. So I guess I'm doin' alright :D

Kara
Imax2 on an 8inch step?! You crazy girl! No, no that's great, good for you to even attempt that. I agree about the time change being on Friday. Actually, I'm opposed to ANY time change! Just leave the damn time as is! I think Arizona does not participate, neither does Saskatchewan here in Canada.
Susan
It's funny how you commented about losing your UB strength with the Feb rotation. I found that I actually gained strength and definition (but my UB is normally weak, so maybe that's why). How many times were you working your UB before? I love LBB!! I was pressured from my other check-in to get it and I'm so glad I did! It's right up my alley with the leg work+blasts!
Stacie
I love reading about STS strength. That program is so "me". I can't wait to get it. I hope your back is feeling better. I have lower back pain and one wrong move and I pay for it.

**I am surprised that people like 40/20. I dread it. For me, it's one long CCC session. I'll do it anyway, but as soon as I press play, I'm like "oh ---- here we go". You can fill in the blank.**

Have a good evening ladies :)

Congrats Natty. I love that feeling when you conquer a tough workout. As for me, prior to the February rotation I did 4ds for 3 weeks and was working each upper body part twice a week. So part of the issue may be from being away from TBT for so long. I would like to do upper body twice a week but there is just not enough time. I am anxious to finish the rotation to see the results.

I forgot to post yesterday's push ups, things changed a little bit with the Push Phase of CLX starting today. Yesterday I started week #3 of Weider's X-Factor ST, 60 minute treadmill walk, Quick Start Yoga for Weightloss and Yoga for Abs then were the push ups - 11, 30 second rest, 11, 30 second rest, 7, 30 second rest, 7, 30 second rest, 11.

I can really feel a difference when I''m doing them, I actually feel my arms lifting me with no momentum from anywhere and it's a great feeling - maybe I'll even be able to do a pull up one day.

Have a great day!!

...Cheryl

Mini-natty---You are one tough cookie to be able to conquer Imax 3 without collapsing. :D I rarely take the dust off that workout and when I do---it is for a premix. Too high impact for me.

FabAbs---you are doing great with your push ups. A 30 second rest is not long so you are pushing it hard. I love a feeling of accomplishment too. Hang in there.

TRSTACIE----I think STS is awesome. It forces me to push myself in ways that I had not in the past----even after all the years of doing Cathe. I did the 3.5 rotation last year and I stuggled just getting in all the push ups on my knees..... then a few months later I did Meso 1 and 2 only and now I am doing the 3.5 rotation again. I have vacation the end of the June so I am trying to decide if I am going to do pyramid down with STS or undulate or STS/LIS.....so many rotations to choose from.

This morning was Disc 29---Plyo Legs. I think my knees are happy not to squat a heavy weight. I did push ups before my workout ( 23, 28,19) with a 90 second rest between. I was doing 5 sets, but as I increase the count 5 sets is a bit much for me. I am hoping to get back to 4 sets.

Hi all!

I did TBT upper body yesterday and am feeling the doms today. I really love that workout - especially the sequencing. It goes by fast and is fun! Today I'm going to do LIC. This will be my 3rd time attempting it so far and each time that combo #4 gets easier and easier. I'm tweaking week 2 of my LIS Nov rotation a little bit, but will leave week 3 and 4 alone.

No pushups yet this week .... stay tuned!

Sorry this is short, but I have company coming over for a playdate in a little while. I'll check-in later!

KARA

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.