Push It

Today was Imax2! Love it! My next attempt at push-ups will be Thurs during TBT UB.

Susan

Don't feel like CCC slayed you. That is probably the hardest cardio Cathe has produced. Most people can't do it without modifications and most people are scared of it (remember that thread awhile back). It takes several times to actually like that workout and get better. I downloaded it May 2011, so I have had the pleasure (if you want to call it that) of doing it several times. It does get easier, even if you only do it once/month. It will improve your cardiovascular system tremendously. Also, it burns MEGA cals. I call it the damage control w/o, cuz' I know if I ate a little too much, I can burn it off the next day in 50min. Yup, I agree though, major dread factor. BUT you tried it!! So don't be so hard on yourself.
Stacie
I have Hardcore Extreme which has blasts+legs (Imax3 blasts+Kickmax blasts and the leg conditioning drills w/the chair :eek:). I agree, toughie!! Have you done TB? It makes Kickmax leg lifts a piece of cake.

Hope everyone had a great day :)

Good morning! I couldn't sleep so I decided to get up and try an early morning workout. I did 4 (!) push-ups from my toes, then Leaner Legs, then CTX chest. Feels nice.

TRSTACIE - Thanks for the warning...I was wondering about that. Each time I work on my push-ups, I think I'll begin with a couple of straight-leg reps as best I can, instead of doing all bent-knee.

It's helpful to hear everyone else's strategies, advice, & progress. Keep up the good work everybody! I'm traveling for work today through Friday, but hope to be able to stay on top of my workouts via the hotel gym & Travel Fit. :) Love that one!

Have a good day.
Dana

Good morning everyone! As predicted the temperature dropped 30+ degrees today. Everyone here is really sad about it. March is usually our snowiest (is that even a word????) month so it's not surprising. I don't mind the snow. It just means the mountains will be a gorgeous green in the summer!

Last nights pushups didn't happen :(. I was chatting with a friend and totally lost track of time. I still got in the two step workouts from 4DS. Tonight I have Turbo Barre and Cardio Core Circuit planned. I hear they are both tough (I haven't done them yet) so we will see if only one gets done tonight!

Today I will be volunteering at the school for their Jump Rope for the Heart event. The kids are so cute jump roping. Some of them are really good at it too! Last month when I did it some of the kids did over 200 jumps in a row!!!!

Good luck on your workouts today ladies! Dana, have a safe trip and congrats on the pushup count! Susan, 100 pushups is an awesome goal. I am positive you will reach it!

Today was CLX Burn Circuit 2, 5 mile treadmill run, 30 minutes Yoga with Suzanne Deason and 30 minutes of Yoga for Abs with Rodney Yee. Ok, now for the push ups, 8, rest, 8, rest, 6, rest, 6, rest, 10 all on my toes. Slowly but surely I will be to whatever my goal is.

...Cheryl

Good evening ladies :)

Cheryl
You are doing amazing! I like Rodney Yee. His workouts are great, with the beautiful ocean view in the background. His form and instruction is top notch. I used to do more Yoga, lately I'm slacking.
Dana
Congrats on the push-ups off the toes!! It's hard to do even 1, you did 4!!!! How is Leaner Legs? I keep seeing it on my rotations, but I keep subbing it with another leg workout. Have a safe trip :)
Stacie
Now we got the warm weather!!! But not for long, we get a cold spell again this week :(. They have a saying in Italian, Marzo e pazzo, meaning March is crazy. Sounds better in Italian. You are planning to do Turbo Barre AND CCC??!!! They are both crazy hard. I consider those two the toughest Cathe w/o's (well for me anyway). Let me know how you loved them :eek:. I can't wait to volunteer at school. Sounds so fun!

Good night everyone :)

Susan----Cardio Core Circuit is a tough workout and has the type of dreadfactor I don't even want to think about it. I have only attempted that workout THREE times ---and I have been doing Cathe for 10 years.

FabAbs---good start with your push ups. You will get stronger and each week you are going to feel so proud of your improvements.

Today's push ups were scheduled with a 60 second rest between the 5 sets I did 18--23--16--16----I was to tired to push out the last set so I moved on to my 20 minutes on the elliptical followed by the cardio segment of Slide and Glide. Then I pushed out the last 25 push ups. Wasn't my preference to do the last set after my workout---but at least I did them:D.

As planned, yesterday was a rest day and my lower body thanked me!!!! I did do pushups though: 28-12-10 with 30 seconds between each set. I am not sure if I am ready to go to 60. When I started this, I was aiming to do 100 consecutive pushups. These 50 in 3 sets are VERY hard, not sure if 100 with no break is possible. I think my new goal will be just to crank out 60 like Raciela in one set. That seems like quite a challenge!

Today was STS Plyo legs and Ab Circuits no equipment. I haven't done the STS program yet, but I have it all. First of all, the one rep max process is overwhelming and hard to add into my already busy workout schedule. Also, I know I can't lift too heavy for my lower body. For STS Plyo you are supposed to lifting 70% of your max. When I did the test for squats several weeks ago, I used a 50 lb barbell (the max I should lift, that was probably too much, I usually cap myself at 40) and I did 20 reps. I could have done more, but 20 reps is the max for the test. That equates to a 1 rep max of 106 lbs. Well at 70% I would need to be lifting 70 lbs and it's not safe for me due to lower back issues (had surgery in 1999 and have postponed a 2nd surgery since 2010 by being careful and doing yoga/pilates. Actually my goto disc when my back is acting up is Ellen Barrett's Yogini, it's my therapy).

So, in summary, I am not sure I lifted heavy enough for this workout. I used 25lb dumbells for squats and deadlifts, and 20lb dumbells for most everything else. I guess tomorrow I will know how effective it was based on the DOMs. I really loved the workout though. I think it's a great addition to a lower body rotation. It went by fast (it was just shy of 50 minutes) and I loved how it alternated weights with plyos. Although the first plyo move scared me: Jumping onto the step with 4 risers per side. I did it, but I was scared at first. If you don't make it up there, it's gonna be a disaster!!!

Ab circuits no equipment is an AWESOME ab workout. It's long at 17 minutes but I think it's one of Cathe's best core routines!!!!

Natty/Heartymax-thanks for your support on CCC. It's still ticking me off, I want to master it. I was trying to see how I can fit it in again in the next couple of weeks, but I think I have to wait until it's scheduled at the end of this rotation. I have 2 Hiits in between now and then, so hoping that helps condition me. I may practice that last core segment too to see if I can match her pace. If I can't match it when I am not exhausted, there is no way I can wrap up CCC with that move!

Cheryl - what is CLX?

I am planning to do some Push Ups this afternoon when I need a break. Not sure if I am aiming for 50 or 60.

Last night was another late workout night. Turbo Barre did not happen, pushups did not happen, and the Ab work did not happen. However, most of CCC DID happen which was good. I didn't find it too hard to get the moves (except for the first core round -- my body simply wouldn't cooperate and do what Cathe was doing and that part where you drop down and do pushups. I could do the drop and pushups but couldn't get up fast enough to get the jumping jacks in. I finally decided to sub that with running in place since I was planning on doing the pushup challenge afterwards). There is a ton of jumping in the workout which made my knees angry but I made some mods and pushed through 33 minutes of it. I had to pause to go the restroom at that time and simply couldn't get motivated to continue since by then it was already almost 1am.

For those, CCC fans, it reminded me a bit of drill only premix of Drill Max. However, I think Drill Max is more fun! Not sure of the caloric burn difference though.

Kinda sad about the pushups....but today is another day!

Last night was another late workout night. Turbo Barre did not happen, pushups did not happen, and the Ab work did not happen. However, most of CCC DID happen which was good. I didn't find it too hard to get the moves (except for the first core round -- my body simply wouldn't cooperate and do what Cathe was doing and that part where you drop down and do pushups. I could do the drop and pushups but couldn't get up fast enough to get the jumping jacks in. I finally decided to sub that with running in place since I was planning on doing the pushup challenge afterwards). There is a ton of jumping in the workout which made my knees angry but I made some mods and pushed through 33 minutes of it. I had to pause to go the restroom at that time and simply couldn't get motivated to continue since by then it was already almost 1am.

For those, CCC fans, it reminded me a bit of drill only premix of Drill Max. However, I think Drill Max is more fun! Not sure of the caloric burn difference though.

Kinda sad about the pushups....but today is another day!

That sounds like my experience. The moves I could follow, but I couldn't keep up. Kudos to you for doing anything so late! And what a great attitude "today is another day!!!!"

Susan

Cheryl - what is CLX?

CLX is Chalene Extreme, a Beachbody product. I like it alot, there are 3 1 month phases, Burn Phase which I will finish on Monday, Push Phase and Lean Phase. When I finish this it will be the first rotation of a program that I will of finished.

I agree with you about Cathe's Abs Circuit, her ab workouts are like none other, along with Stretch Max w/the Band - my all time favorite especially because I have plantar faciitis and the stretching helps so much.

...Cheryl

FabAbs said:
CLX is Chalene Extreme, a Beachbody product. I like it alot, there are 3 1 month phases, Burn Phase which I will finish on Monday, Push Phase and Lean Phase. When I finish this it will be the first rotation of a program that I will of finished.

I agree with you about Cathe's Abs Circuit, her ab workouts are like none other, along with Stretch Max w/the Band - my all time favorite especially because I have plantar faciitis and the stretching helps so much.

...Cheryl

Thanks Cheryl. I have seen a lot of people on this forum comment about doing Chalean Extreme. How is it in terms of intensity? How does it compare to Cathe's workouts? Do you have p90x? That's on my wish list.

I haven't done Stretch Max in a while. I'll have to dust it off and try the band stretch. I have tight hamstrings and frequently get sore hip flexors. My hip flexors don't seem tight but get fatigued easily. For example when I do the one legged lunges in butts & guts ( one leg is elevated behind you on the high step) my hip flexors hurt as much as or more than my glutes.

I did my push ups for today and in the middle of my first set (28) my husband told me I wasn't going down far enough. So I have been cheating again :eek:

My final count for pushups today is: 28-12-10-10-10. I punished myself for cheating by adding the extra 20. Rest breaks were 30 sec, 30 sec, and about 60 seconds for the other 2.

Thanks Cheryl. I have seen a lot of people on this forum comment about doing Chalean Extreme. How is it in terms of intensity? How does it compare to Cathe's workouts? Do you have p90x? That's on my wish list.

I haven't done Stretch Max in a while. I'll have to dust it off and try the band stretch. I have tight hamstrings and frequently get sore hip flexors. My hip flexors don't seem tight but get fatigued easily. For example when I do the one legged lunges in butts & guts ( one leg is elevated behind you on the high step) my hip flexors hurt as much as or more than my glutes.

I will finish the Burn Phase (first month) on Monday, Chalene says to go as heavy as you can with failure between 10-12 reps plus this phase is mostly compound moves and I am not a fan of them. The Cathe workouts I have are straight forward, I don't have STS but I have Muscle Max (one of my very favorites), Gym Style Series, Stretch Max, Core Max and others. I miss them and will get back to them when I'm though with this rotation.

I looked at the guide book for the next phase which is Push Phase and the exercises seem to be straight forward going heavy which should be good. Yes, I have P90X I like this alot but I like Tony Horton, I did 1 month of it but I had a bout of Plantar Faciitis so I didn't finish it. I do however still do Kenpo X and Yoga X.

...Cheryl

She shoots...she scores. Gooooooaaaaallllllllll!

Good morning! Last night I tackled IMAX and then did some pushups. I bumped it up to 10 which was the goal! I also did some more sets after that. The final numbers are 10-6-4-4-5-3. I was shooting for 10-8-6-4-2 but this is sorta close!

Cheryl
Thanks for the info about CLX. I was looking at some clips yesterday because you made me curious about it. I know you are about to finish the first phase of it. Are you planning on doing the other phases too?

HeartyMax
Great job on the pushups as well! That's a ton of them!

Susan
Another fantastic job on the pushups! I think in this thread you mentioned that you have STS but haven't done the program because you don't have time to do the 1RM. I did mine a little weird...I did the 1RM test for the first two weeks of Meso #1. Then after that, I did the remaining tests before doing the workout for the remainder of the discs. It worked out well for me. Usually, it was only 1-3 tests that I would do before starting each disc. I did not do a lot of the leg tests though. Cathe has a guide with star levels that indicate how important the 1RM test is for each execise. Most of the leg ones are a 3 or less which means it's not as important for those exercises. If I hadn't done the tests that way, I honestly don't think I would have ever started the program!

Natty
You have said so many good things about JM that I decided to try to get one of her DVDs from the library. I love the library system here! They have so many resources. It's nice to be able to try the workout for free from the library before spending the money on it. The only bad thing is that you can only have it for a week before you have to renew it. If someone else requests it while you have it checked out, the system will not even let you renew it so you have to be ready to use it right away.

I reschedule Turbo Barre for tonight along with the floor work from Butts and Guts. Looking at the workout manager, Turbo Barre is kinda long and I have only done Abs once this weekend. BTW, you all right that the No equipment Abs is pretty good. Personally, I think the ab work in 4DS is harder though. But I believe it is also longer as well. I know CTX has an Abs only workout that is 30 minutes. I need to try that one out some day soon now that the Workout Manager problem with it is fixed. Have a fantastic day everyone!

Hi everyone :)

Nothing new to report, push-up wise. This week has been very exhausting for me (PMS) and sleeping issues. Tomorrow will be SJP, full w/o. My push-up count will be then.

Susan

Great counts regardless! Ha ha, yup the wide push-ups are easier than the shoulder distance apart ones. I can knock out about 30 wide distance, but less in shoulder and even less in triceps. Going down close to the floor IS HARD! This is what I have been trying to improve on also. I tend to wanna cheat ;)
Stacie
Which Imax did you do? I was thinking of doing Imax3 on Sunday instead of 40/20. I dread Hiit, but I do them anyway. They really help with cardio endurance. Your push-up counts were awesome BTW!!!! It's amazing how an extra 1 or 2 really shows improvement. I love JM, you're right. People tend to feel hot/cold about her attitude. She is rough, yes, but I find her motivating. Which one did you get from the library? Let me know if you like her. I'm going to download her kickboxing.

Have a good day everyone :)

Hi Natty,

I reserved the Extreme Shred and Shed from the library. There is a sorta long wait list (I am #33) for the 11 copies so it might take a couple of weeks are so until I get it.

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well and having PMS. What a double whammy! Hopefully you will get some rest soon. The bad thing about PMS is that is means that the monthly friend is coming so and that's no fun either.

I did the first IMAX last night. I don't have HiiT. Based on the previews it has a ton of jumping so I decided to pass on it. I am hoping she comes out with a low impact version of HiiT. I know some of LIS is but I heard the countdown is really motivating and none of them have that. I say go with IMAX3! It sound like you had a bit of rough week. ;)

Stacie

Stacie- that's a great idea on how to do the 1RMs. I will have to do that. Not sure when I will start it. I am apprehensive to make a 3 month commitment. I am also a little worried about how it will change my physique. I don't want my arms any bigger, they are pretty lean and big enough. I don't want to look too pumped. Ummm... I think I am full of excuses. I really loved the plyo legs though. My thighs are hurting today, especially the towards the inside of my leg near my knee. I guess that's still the quad.

Natty -sorry you aren't feeling great. I have been a crabby nightmare for 3 weeks. It's like I have had PMS for 3 weeks. My husband isn't loving that for sure, but I don't have the exhaustion you have. What a bummer. Hope you are ready to kick butt again soon!!!!!

Cheryl - I pulled out Stretch Max today. My upper back was so achy today. I did Yoga Max yesterday at lunch and I don't know if I did too many downward dogs or what, but the band stretch felt great and got rid of about 50% of the tension. Now that's pretty awesome.

This morning was KPC. Tomorrow is Leaner legs and Sunday will be Total Body Trisets UB. I am going to hold off on push ups until I do them as part of TBT.

Have a great rest of the day. Happy Friday!

Susan

Hi all

Sorry I've been awol but not only have I had that awful rash, but I had to have a tooth out Wednesday. So no workouts for 48 hrs lol. Fortunately my rash is going and my tooth is clearing up.

Today was HIIT 30/30 no pushups yet.

Have good days everyone.

Love
Laura
xx

Hi gang!

This morning was CLX Burn Circuit #3, 5 mile run, Quick Start Yoga for Weight Loss, Yoga for Abs and then my push ups - 8, rest, 8, rest, 6, rest, 6 rest and then 10.

TRSTACIE - Yes, I am going to continue with CLX, I'll start the Push Circuit on Wednesday. I'm also adding in Weider X-Factor ST, week #3 will start on Tuesday. I have to adjust things because CLX will be ending on Monday with Tuesday being a rest day. This program jumps from one Circuit to another not like P90X where there is a rest week before the next month starts.

SUSAN - Stretch Max will always be a favorite with me, I don't know if I'm getting more flexible but the band just feels so good.

LAURA - Glad to hear that you're feeling better!!!

...Cheryl

Hi everyone

Today was Pyramid Lower body and the pressups from gymstyles chest ie 16,14,12,10,8, etc 72 total. I had to have longer breaks than Cathe but got there in the end lol.

Laura

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.