Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Already a member? Simply log in above.

1. Ripped with HiiT Presale

Pull up Bar breaks my door!

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by darine, Oct 13, 2008.

1. darine Cathlete

Hello

I've been using a pull up bar at my door for P90X. I finished the 3rd week and I noticed that the door is crooked and have a big crack on the top!

Now, we are renting this house and I have to say that it feels that the house is going to break. It's a beautiful luxirious house... but obviously need renovation and was not built strong.

But I was wondering if any of you ever had that problem. Is it really the house or pull up bars at the door are a bad idea.

thx
    Darine

2. crazystepr Cathlete

I believe you're supposed to mount the pullup bar on the door frame--were you hanging your bar from the actual door?

3. darine Cathlete

no no... i meant door frame

I mean my door frame is crooked and have a crack... sorry... bad english LOL

4. moni_stout Guest

I am bummed to read this. My husband has been so against me getting a pull-up bar for fear that it will damage the door, so I continue using the bands instead.

Monica

5. Jess_jugs Cathlete

Really? I've been using mine for about a year now and my 185# dh uses it also. We have had NO problem, and I never added the brackets in the door frame either. Sorry you've had problems w/ it!

6. darine Cathlete

How do you use the band? What do you attach it to? Does it make you work as much.... would say no but I hope I am wrong. I have bands... may be I should do that instead. But I've been loving the pull up

7. LauraMax Cathlete

This is why those hook-on bars make me so nervous! I had one break my door frame too. I just installed a heavy duty pullup bar in my basement w/brackets, anchors AND bolts (just in case I gain another 10 lbs LOL). Living alone makes me really cautious about this stuff--I can just see myself breaking a leg & lying on my basement floor for a week, until my dogs decide they're too hungry to wait any longer & have a LauraMax buffet. :eek:

Yeah I know, TMI. Get yerself a pullup bar w/brackets & bolts! Please!

8. RapidBreath Cathlete

max buffet

roflmao!!!!!

of course if that really happened it would be really sad. . .

9. princessbear Cathlete

Forgive me if this is a stupid question - was your pullup bar like the Iron Gym one that has been discussed here? I'm thinking of purchasing one - but am worried that it will ruin my door frame and perhaps I should get one that mounts instead?