Pull/chin up bar for STS, is it really necessary?

Hi Everyone,

Is a tubing resistance band as effective as a pull up bar attached to door?

Need to know, from you what you have experienced being on STS rotation, if the choice of equipment could affect the result gained.

xxx

I use the tubing because I'm not strong enough for pull ups/chin ups on the tower yet. I think the tubing is working great for me! I get a really good range of motion and I am getting stronger....

Hi there Nathalie :)

IMO, I'm going to say no, tubing is not as effective as a pull/chin up bar. Have you tried doing a pull/chin up???!!! Those things are KILLER!! Even modified, you are still using a lot of your body weight to essentially hoist yourself up. I consider pull/chin-ups and push-ups, the king of all upper body exercises. If you can knock out some chin-ups, your upper body looks :eek:.

With that said, do not despair, you can still get a great workout with tubing. Do not underestimate band work! It's extremely effective and a good substitute for pull-ups if you cannot invest in a bar/rack.

Good luck!

Natasha

Last edited:
I did a workout last week where I started with assisted pullups using a chair then moved to tubing. I actually felt I was using more muscles with the band so I will use that option more often.

Pull up bar versus tubin

Hi Ladies,

I have to make a choice between purchasing a tubing or a pull up bar. I know for sure the tubine I have will not challenge my back muscles enough.
It is either I buy a more challenging tubine or just have a pull up bar attachment for my door way.

I am very keen in trying the pull bar using a chair for assistance. Thanks for your feedback.

Nathalie

To mini-natty Yes, I agree with about push and pull up...I will not stop trying to gain techniques and practising till I get better in performing a reasonable amount of reps confidently with good form! :)

Last edited:
My problem with the chair assist was I felt I was working my legs more than my arms, which is always an added bonus but I felt in this case defeated the purpose. If your choices are one or the other and you are cabable/close to being able to do a pullup I'd go with the bar over the banding.

I have my pullup bar between the living room, where I exercise, and another room, while I can't do a pullup, I do like to use it to swing between the rooms, which is rather fun. ;)

I have my pullup bar between the living room, where I exercise, and another room, while I can't do a pullup, I do like to use it to swing between the rooms, which is rather fun. ;)[/QUOTE]

I love it! That sounds like fun!

They have a pull up assist that you can get on amazon or beachbody. It hooks to the pull up bar and allows you to keep proper form. I have one and love it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.