Prayers for my Dad

tlc93

Cathlete
i just need a little help right now. My father has been in ICU for almost 2 weeks on a ventilator and getting tube feeds, 3 IV lines for pain meds, sedatives and fluids with antibiotics. He's end stage COPD. The family has been crying at his bedside for days on end and tomorrow we will cease life support. I'm a crying mess alternating with some relief. I don't know how to feel. He has always been a strong man, former state police and Army officer. An imposing figure and not one to be messed with. He is a ghost of the man I once knew. My dad needs comfort and peace. I pray for his struggling to end. Peg

So sorry Peg. I went through this with my mom 11 years ago. So hard, I will add your family to my prayer list especially for tomorrow. Does he have a living will? That made the decision easier for my father but it was still a hard one to make. Prayers!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Oh (((Peg))). Watching your parent this way has to be soul wrenching. I am just so, so sorry & wish him only peace and light.

(my Mom was diagnosed with Stage 4 copd 1.5 yrs ago. I just hope I can have more time with her when I move home this summer).

My heart goes out to you and your family. I know you both want to keep him with you and yet you want him to suffer no more. My prayers are with you and your family.

Peg, my thoughts and prayers are with your dad, you, and your family. This time is hard, and just find peace and comfort knowing that if this
does come to pass, he will be entering a far better place and will be watching over and with you always. Both of my parents passed in their
sleep...and while my family did not have to go thru what you are having too, the "shock" of the other is painful as well.....I feel your pain and
sadness and am so very sorry ......Take care and be strong.....

Awe I'm so sorry Peg :( It's so difficult to watch a loved one suffer. My dad spent a week in ICU 2 years ago after cardiac arrest and prior heart surgery. One feels so helpless and overwhelmed. Hugs to you and your family.

Oh Peg - I am so sorry that you are going through this as it is almost impossible to bear. I don't intend this to be about "me" but I also watched my once strong father suffer and it is beyond difficult. The only comfort I got was that he stopped suffering and I hope that's yours as well. Feel every feeling that you need to - there is no "how to feel." Grief unfortunately is personal but that's how it has to be. I hope this makes some sense? I lost my Dad to Leukemia, my Mom to gastric cancer (very sudden) and my only brother to suicide so I do have an idea as to what you are going through and please accept my sincere sympathies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.