Please help transition this runner to Cathe

Mikkia

Cathlete
I used to be a 6 day a week Cathe addict. Some how 4-5 years ago I quit and started running. I have been running 6miles a day 5 days a week since. I add push ups and squats afterwards. I’m 44. I got the flu at the beginning of February and I have never been so sick. I quit running for 3 weeks, which I found to be devastating. I tried to return to running, and physically I can do it, but mentally I just don’t want to. I don’t know what is wrong with me. So I decided to see if Cathe could help me out if this funk. I have 6 workouts down and ready for more. My only problem is I feel like I am not getting enough cardio in a typical workout video and I will gain weight. Please help me figure this out! I think it’s all in my head. Nevertheless, any guidance would be so helpful!

Hi Mikkia, I'm not a runner and definitely not Cathe, but often being able to add some lean muscle mass will help keep body fat levels down. I would think it very difficult to gain much muscle with the kind of milage you have been putting down, and gaining some lean muscle with weight training might be a great way to offset this. You might have some muscle weight gain, but if it is NOT fat, and inches don't increase, what the heck!! Cathe has some terrific videos for just this thing! Just a thought from a weight training addict! Good luck!

I used to be a 6 day a week Cathe addict. Some how 4-5 years ago I quit and started running. I have been running 6miles a day 5 days a week since. I add push ups and squats afterwards. I’m 44. I got the flu at the beginning of February and I have never been so sick. I quit running for 3 weeks, which I found to be devastating. I tried to return to running, and physically I can do it, but mentally I just don’t want to. I don’t know what is wrong with me. So I decided to see if Cathe could help me out if this funk. I have 6 workouts down and ready for more. My only problem is I feel like I am not getting enough cardio in a typical workout video and I will gain weight. Please help me figure this out! I think it’s all in my head. Nevertheless, any guidance would be so helpful!

I was a cardio junkie. As of the new year, I started doing different Cathe rotations so I was more inclined to do weights. It's a game changer. I have built some nice muscle. No weight gain .But I also eat lower/moderate carb and mostly whole foods. Good luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.