Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 7/22

Deb so sorry Keegan is not responding yet. I hope he perks up. so hard to deal with, it takes over your life.

we hiked today, about 5 1/2 hours. it was pleasant to start but really hot on the way down. much of the hike was thru an old burned area. shady to start when the sun was low but by midday it was hot hot hot. it was close by so short drive. I sort of collapsed on the sofa after and fell asleep. It is so nice to hike and be the only ones there, rather than on a conveyer belt. we saw a lot of grouse and a few deer but this is not the time of day or time of year to see much wildlife. they duck down out of the heat too.

Today was a rest day. We were up late last night and when the alarm went off at 4:45am...it was just not happening.

We are having some unbelievable thunderstorms at this very moment. So glad it does not phase GiGi at all.

Deb...hoping Keegan has turned the corner by now. Thinking of you.

Carolyn...I can see how you would need a break from RWH. They are tough workouts to constantly do one right after the other.

Diane Sue...I have been previewing the raw workouts and I am going to like a lot of them. The all step one actually looks fun to me. Nothing crazy, just athletic moves. Funny as I am not a step person! I may try this one out tomorrow.

Valerie...what a long hike. It was hot and humid today and pretty much has been this way for the past few weeks. No they do not have a diagnosis. They have gone from extensive colon surgery to IBS to Crohns to no clue what is going on. My husband is pretty fustrated. The first available appt with this new doctor is late August so he has to live with his problem for this much longer. I feel so bad for him.

Hi to Judy!!

Carolyn, nice work today. Sometimes RWH can be more intense than what we are feeling.

Valerie, the heat can really take a lot out of a person. I don't blame the animals staying where they are cool.

Lori, I have done the Just Step several times already and really like it. Nothing crazy in it. I pre-ordered her new dvds. That is too bad that your husband has to wait that long to see the new doctor. I hope they can figure out what is wrong so he can get help.

Good morning,

We said goodbye to our sweet Keegan yesterday. He was not responding at all after the surgery. Even though they fixed the intestine after resecting and removing the piece of lava rock ( or whatever it was), they said they believe his GI tract was already too compromised to bounce back It was the only thing we could do. He was not going to recover. He will always be in our hearts. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Diane Sue, you are really enjoying the LIVE workouts!

Carolyn. sometimes it's good to change things up to help keep motivated.

Valerie, it sounds so peaceful where you are, I can imagine how you are enjoying it. How long do you plan on staying this time?

Lori, (HUGS) to you and Bob. I know how frustrating this has to be. Did he get results from the colonoscopy? I hope they find out what's wrong soon.

Hi to Judy,

Take care,

Deb-I am so sorry about Keegan. I know how hard it is to say goodbye. Thinking of you and John today. (hugs)

Oh Deb...I am so sorry to hear this very sad news. My heart breaks for you and John. It is so hard to say goodbye. As Valerie mentioned, you did everything you could for him. Sending hugs to you.

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Just Step, 24 minutes, heart rate average 149, max 185, 166 calories, met 6.3, 2,116 steps. I then did Cathe Live Step Grooves, 35 minutes, met 6.2, 241 calories, heart rate average 148, max 174, 3299 steps. I finished off with YouTube Sarah Beth yoga 15 minutes morning flow, 16 minutes, 35 calories. Total time 76 minutes, 442 calories.

Deb, I’m so sorry about Keegan.

Today was a semi-rest day for me. I did the warmup from Turbo Barre which was 10 minutes, then I did Jane Adams Morning Energy Yoga for 25 minutes.

Hello to everyone and have a wonderful afternoon.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.