Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 5/21

fox2star

Cathlete
Good morning,

I had a lot of fun at agility class yesterday, Kylee was having fun too, so that makes all the difference. :).

Valerie, I may try doing push ups (again!) using something to make it easier to them on my toes, have used the step with risers before and that seems to work. Yes, dogs will eat the strangest things. Keegan ate a raccoon tail once, (John got a bunch of them for fly tying). It came out eventually.

Caitlin, I am in the same boat as you....lost a lot of weight and now have saggy skin. How do you gain weight in your face? Your trip to NYC sounds great....what is the name of the movie?

Lori,. LOL on your wifi knowing you didn't really want to do that core work did you? So the headphone just "knows" which device you are using when you get near it and it is turned on? Sorry for all the questions...obviously I have limited "Teck" knowledge. :)

Diane Sue, too bad about the curtains being the wrong color....how does that happen? When they put 9 of them of one color in a box? I didn;t realize you had not been on the motorcycle before. It sounded like you have had it for a while. Glad Gertie is ok now...Kylee too...not sure what was up with her either.

A workout, then stuff around here. I never did get to that laundry yesterday...:)

Take care,

A rest day today. Church, birthday party, whatever I can fit in like weeding and Gertie a bath before I apply Frontline, then my grandaughter is coming over to stay for 3 nights while she studies and takes finals. We always enjoy hervstays. I think I will carry on with more STS this next week.

Deb, I am glad you had fun at agility class and that Kyle is okay now, it is kind of bizarre though that the dogs had similar problems. Gertie is playing and happily back to herself. I need to try doggie boots for her so she doesn't slide all into things when she tries to play in the house. I am not sure how it will work since she chews her claws all of the time. At least she doesn't mind me filing the. She just doesn't like the snap sound of clippers. I am finding she doesn't like loud noises, more than she used to. I am not sure what prompted it. I used to walk on egg shells around Mudd because even dropping a pencil would send her flying. I hated causing her the anxiety. Eating a racon tail would be odd. I think Gertie would just drag it around like a prize. Thinking about the dog water, I have been concerned about the outside water bowl since I saw a squirrel, multiple times sitting on the edge drinking water. I wondered what kind of diseases and bacteria that could cause. There is a couple of big oak trees behind our fence that overhand and the squirrels come down into the yard all of the time. We have owned motorcycles before

Yes, Lori, I too grinned at your avoidacne of ab work.

We sold our Harley several years ago because the angle of the handle bars and shifting cause my husband p a in after being blown up overseas and his arm dislocated. His working out and the healing time has helped with this and he wanted another. It has rained and the last time e we were going to take it out the present I had wouldn't fit in the bags. We will take it out today when we go to my daughters. This is the daughters house in the country. It should be a nice rid.

oh how tasty...a raccoon tail! our dog ate what we think was a frog once. we were hiking somewhere and he was walking between us as usual. reached out and grabbed something small and chewed and swallowed, coughing and eyes watering like crazy the next few minutes. never found out for sure what it was but think probably a frog. Yuck. just when you think they are almost human, they chow down on a big pile of a liquidy cow flop like it's ice cream. Love them anyway... but wow. Good everyone is back to healthy again.

did a bit of garden work yesterday mostly raking and turning dirt to uproot weeds. finally warm and sunny for a few days. then did a very short workout with a warm up, pushups mixture of toes and knees, then core 1. Deb, I started out modifying dips because of the hand/wrist position was hard for me, and then my shoulder problem. I started doing push ups in a lot of different ways. the weight bench is easiest since it's about 30 inches tall. the others vary depending on how high. when Cathe does those sets of rapid fire dips -to pushups, I can't keep the pace so I looked at ways to do the same sequence but a little easier so I could transition quickly. yesterday there were 4 sets of two push ups in the warm up so did those on toes, but then did 2 sets of 30 knee pushups. I get much more ROM with the knee pushups and more back involvement so think they are a great low risk move. my form gets sloppy with too many toe push ups. I used to do more toes. working my way back toward that. I usually enjoy ab work... a few moves I don't like, like side planks that we just mentioned last week.

planning on going on a short trip to do some mountain biking so will be gone for a few days.

it always looks like fun but I don't like riding a motorcycle. I don't like driving in a convertible or even a sun roof. the wind drives me crazy. never enjoyed it. but it always LOOKs like fun!.

I don't think there's much to do with saggy skin. moisturize, limit sun exposure. or fatten up again. building up some muscle sounds like it would help but no guarantees. there must be some procedures (short of face lifts) that Hollywood type people do to firm up facial skin but I don't know what.

Did Ramped upper body this morning.

Last edited:
No workout for me today. I took yesterday and today as my rest days. We had some high winds and heavy rain yesterday and more rain today. We have a lot of tree limbs and debris to clean up but no damage. We were able to clean up a little bit yesterday.

Valerie, you are the first person I've come across who shares my aversion to convertibles and the sun roof. I can't stand the wind blowing on my face and in my ears! I never open the moon roof on my car and I will only open the windows for short periods of time. There is no way that I would get on a motorcycle.

I have saggy skin on my thighs because they were so heavy, but it's just something I have accepted. I always had oily skin which was a big problem when I was younger, but I have very few wrinkles now. I never thought that I would be happy for oily skin.

Lori, your avoidance of ab work is funny. I'm sure that you are working your abs in other ways during your workouts.

Hello to everyone and have a great day.

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday was a rest day and today I did ICE Metabolic Total Body. Tomorrow I start my Active Rest week plan. I was feeling a little sore during the workout today so I think I am ready for a break.
It was a quiet weekend around here. We had some rain and thunderstorms so we stayed close to home.

Deb-Agility class sounds fun! I'm glad Kylee is better now.

Diane Sue-I need to work through the Shock Cardio series too. Maybe after my rest week I'll do an STS/Shock Cardio week.

Valerie & Carolyn-you can add me to the list too. I've never ridden in a convertible, and I don't plan to. I had a sun roof in my Honda Civic but never used it, and I've only been on a motorcycle once, for a very short ride. It's not something I would ever do again.

Lori-that was really funny about the ab work :) I agree with Carolyn, I think you are getting plenty of ab work in the other workouts you do.

Hi to Caitlin!

Judy

Valerie, I tend to try my best not to be outdone by the instructor on push ups. That doesn't mean I don't periodically end up on my knees or moving back into a child pose for a few seconds and then back up. There is something about riding on the motorcycle that makes the view so much better when just riding, than sitting in a car. We have had convertibles before ,but it seems we ended up with the top up most of the time. My husband wears gloves and a jacket always for coverage to protect from the sun. Our helmets have the sunshade in them that can be dropped down. Clothes protect if you get dumped. I have never been dumped. The only accident my husband ever had was when a truck pulling a trailer with pipe hanging off the end braked on the freeway loop and had no brake lights. My husband had to swerve off the drop off and let the bike go. It was totaled and he kept the helmet as proof that wearing a helmet saves lives. It was scraped down the face shield and side of the helmet had grooves. It tore his clothes and he had skin ripped off. He did take some pavement when he let go. Heavy coverage is good. I see people with no helmet wearing sandals and shorts and think how crazy they are. Anyway, it is a nice way to view the lakes and sights. I am not too thrilled with riding around town though. Funny thing is when we got to my daughter's house her in laws (friends of ours too) had a bike again as well. They had ridden over there. We used to ride with them once in awhile and did some poker runs with them for different causes. They have started riding with a motorcycle club and were telling us how much fun it is. I think our children are having a bit of anxiety about us riding again.

Gertie, caught a locust when I was sitting outside with her once and I hated it. She sat there all pleased with herself with it humming in her mouth. I kept trying to get her to let it go. Once I did it was no longer moving very much. I cleaned out my planter in front and the walkway and sprayed. I am not letting Gertie on the lawn in back till tomorrow. Also got her bathed.

I believe it depends on where the saggy skin is. You can add some muscle and it helps the look. Unfortunately a large weight loss can leave sagging skin all over. Aging is something we just do what we can with and go on. Moisturize and sun protection is about it. Antioxidant skin products for protection and avoiding skin cancer. The only things other than trying skin care is procedures like plastic surgery, and some temporary procedures.

Carolyn, I have had oily skin most of my life. I still get acne which is terribly annoying. I was always told as a teen that I would grow out of it. It never happened. I do think it has helped keep my skin less wrinkled though. I guess that is a plus. We have more storms coming tomorrow. I hope they are not the bad ones this time. Fortunately the worst of them have not hit our area.

Judy, I was looking and realized that I have not done the Shock Cardio workouts in a long time. I am trying to figure where I would fit in the Circuit one. I always remember my grandmother telling me about a relative that went on their honeymoon in a convertible and burned badly. She got skin cancer and passed away young. I have always been careful when riding around in one. But, like I said we rarely put the top down when we had one. We rented one in Florida once and it was nice cruising down the beach areas. It always seemed those and sun roofs ended up being more something to show off to friends or the grandchild/children than anything else. We went to a nature center once with the animals wandering around and opened a sun roof and a giraffe stuck it's big smelly head inside the car. It was a little worrisome.

Good morning,

Yesterday I did Live Metabolic Conditioning. A nice quick total body, with minimal equipment. A horrible night's sleep, not sure what was going on with that.

Diane Sue, nice that you will have your granddaughter over for a visit. Yes, Keegan eating the raccoon tail was pretty stressful. He was playing with it like you mentioned, then I turned my back for a bit ( it was Thanksgiving morning!)...and it was gone. We searched and searched the house, he had not gone outside or upstairs, so it was not a lot of area that he was playing in. My friend that has raised dogs for decades told us to give him bread, not the crusts, just the bread, which he happily ate. The next day and for a bit after that, we saw the hair from the tail in his droppings. So glad it came out easily like that. I would be concerned about that outside bowl too. You never know about squirrels and if they are carrying any diseases. Is it not a law in your state that you have to wear a helmet while riding a motorcycle? I think its crazy not to always wear one. One of my HS friends was killed on one at 17 (she had a helmet on...it was a hit and run. They kind of suspected who it was but could not prove it.

Valerie, a Frog???? ugh. I am also one that is not too fond of riding in a convertible, and I own one. :). I do like the sunroof in the Subaru a lot. I use it instead of air conditioning, until it gets blasted hot and that isn't an option. Will need to Google "firming up facial skin without surgery". I also find doing dips off the step hurts my wrists a bit, but I still do them.

Carolyn, good that you did not get much damage from the storms.

Judy, an active rest week sounds good. Funny that you have never ridden in a convertible. There was a time I think that they stopped making them, and the only ones around were the older models.

Assisting the puppy class this morning, then we have our own class later tonight...a nap in in order this afternoon...

Take care,

Deb, I am sure that was a very stressful Thanksgiving. Poor puppy. It does sound like an afternoon nap is in store. I felt keyed up when I went to bed last night, despite being tired. It took quite some time to fall asleep and I went to bed late. I am pretty sure that there is no helmet law here. That is terrible about your friend.

Today I did ICE Low Impact Sweat 1 and 2. I think I will try some other types of workouts soon. I am starting to feel tired even after my rest days.

I do think that a consistent exercise program and gradual weight loss helps to prevent some of the sagging skin.

Everyone seems to be doing well with fitness and family. Enjoy your day.

Today I started wth Ice Low Impact Sweat timesaver Blizzard Blast, 22 minutes, 132 calories, avg. 120/max 153 heart rate. I then did STS Messo cycle 1 disc 10, chest, shoulders, and biceps, 60 minutes, 211 calories. Total time 82 minutes, 343 calories. It is starting to rain now. I am hoping for no severe weather. I am okay with rain. Although I sprayed the yard and watered in some miracle grow for the roses yesterday. I am so pleased that my hydrangea is finally turning back to blue this season. My daughter had some beautiful hostas and snap dragons growing in the beds around the pool. Their garden is already growing pretty well. She came in yesterday with a couple of small yellow squash that had fell off the vines.

Carolyn, maybe it is something else that is making you feel tired. Yes, that is probably true. Losing weight really fast does not give the skin enough time to shrink back into shape a bit. Also, I think repeated gaining and losing can be even worse for sagging skin.

Good evening ladies,

Yesterday was BBS Full Body dvd. This one is so hard. I then did a 15 power jump premix I made up. Total time was 70 minutes and 475 cal. Total steps for the day was 12,222. Today was a premix of BBS Dance Cardio DVD. This one you do a couple of dance routines then a short leg routine and I stopped there so I could do one of her jumprope routines. It was 11 mins and I did it on the jumpsport and used 1lb hand weights instead of a rope. Was fun. Total time was 40 minutes and 302 cal. Right now I am at 11,379 steps.

I am very fortunate to have a small waist and yes all the workouts I do works my core. Especially the jumpsport and kickboxing. I used to do more kickboxing with my heavy bag and need to get back into it. Nicholas is all moved in and thinking I should move the bag upstairs. Even when we build a wall he will hear me punching that bag! One time at a conference a young girl in her late 20's saw my abs when I was working out and gave me a kind of backhanded compliment...You have great abs for a lady of your age. I smiled and thank her. Lol!

Deb...glad Kylee is feeling better. No worries on the tech questions..once you pair one of your devices and leave bluetooth on the headseat should automatically pair when you turn on. Sometimes my ipad will pair when I want my phone to or vice versa. I then just shut the bluetooth off on the device I do not want to use. This is only because I have paired headset to both devices. Does this make sense? It is really easy to do. Hoping you sleep better tonight.

Diane Sue...my exhusband and I used to ride all the time. So much so I ended up going for my motorcycle license and bought a beautiful bike. Unfortunately, Bob is not a motorcyle fan and I ended up selling my bike. He was always sick to his stomach while I was out riding. Just could not do that to him. I still have my license and always renew it. I for some reason just can't part with it! It has been raining here too. Nice workout combinations!

Carolyn...agree, if you are tired after your rest day then yes thinking you need to change things up. Are you doing the current rotation?

Valerie...dips are so hard for me. My left shoulder can be troublesome so I need to be carefull. I like using my fit tower for dips. It works well for me. Have a nice trip!

Judy...sounds like you are ready for your active rest week. I may try this after I am done with my BBS rotation. I am into my 3rd week of 4. I am on the last week of SB's. Spring rotation. I love JS and it would be fun to do her exclusively for a week.

Hi to Carolyn!

Good morning,

No workout yesterday, I had such a horrible night 's sleep the night before, I was just exhausted. We skipped class last night, and I ended up taking a Benadryl so I could sleep. It helped.

Carolyn, It seems like a lot of people (including me) are feeling tired lately, even with working out etc. I wonder why that is?

Diane Sue, I want my hydrangeas to be blue as well, but sometimes they are pink. I am going to use something from a nursery this year and see if it works.

Lori, good workouts. I think with the variety of workouts you do, your core is always getting worked. Nice compliment from that young girl....right! Thanks for the info on the blue tooth ear buds etc. I may pick up a pair. I can understand why Bob would be worried when you were riding. My brother had a bike as well, but when my friend was killed, my SIL begged him to get rid of it and he did.

Not sure what is up for today, my early Tuesday class is cancelled, our trainer's daughter is getting married this weekend, so she needed the time to get ready.

Take care,

Today I did ICE Chiseled Lower Body. Workout time was 54 minutes with 327 calories burned. My average heart rate was 120 and maximum heart rate was 151. I feel more like myself today. I thought back over my food intake over the weekend and I think my problem was sugar. I ate a brownie for dessert Sunday and I think that was a part of my low energy problem. I really try to limit my sugars and have noticed that it makes a difference in how I feel.

This is our fourth straight day of rain. It is heavy sometimes but mostly a constant drizzle. I hope it ends soon!

Hello to everyone and have a wonderful day.

Today I did STS Shock Cardio MMA Kickbox, 53 minutes, 295 calories, heart rate 116 avg./152 max. I don't know why the heart rate was so low, but I remember not having a great calorie burn with this one in the past. It is a great workout and I always liked the abs in this one., I used weighted gloves and used a 5# weight for the abs. I did not take off the gloves. I then did Ice Rock'm Sock'm Blizzard blast, 14 minutes, 116 calories, avg. heart rate 142/max 168. I finished off with STS Abs Circuits no equipment abs, 17 minutes, 45 calories. Total time today was 84 minutes, calories burned 456. 6404 steps.

Lori, great work on the steps already this morning. I can understand your husband worrying about you out on the motorcycle. My husband loves it and I am okay with it. He is careful about staying to the side so he is in the line of the drivers review mirror. You have to consider a lot of things like that that I am sure many riders do not pay attention to. I don't understand riding without protection. Many like to ride like that and it would be more comfortable but it is not safe. I bet the Bluetooth head sets are nice. They have so many wonderful gadgets now. I have my Fit Bit, Map my Fitness, my speaker, along with my tablet and phone all running off Bluetooth and I sometimes have to shut down blue tooth off the phone because I use the tablet for Map My Fitness and also Fit Bit does not always want to sync if both the phone and tablet have blue tooth on at the same time.

Deb, I have been reading some stuff on sleep patterns and what helps with feeling rested. Fit Bit gives you a run down of your sleep patterns at night. I keep trying things to get the REM and deep sleep to be longer. I notice if I get a bit longer in those areas, even if I didn't get a real long nights sleep, I am more rested. I can sleep for 7 hours and if those two areas are only a few minutes, I am exhausted. Last night my rem was up to 1 hour and 44 minutes and Deep sleep got up to 45 which is better than 10 or 15 minutes. I use no caffeine. I am cutting back on dark chocolate every day, I started drinking a chamomile, passion flower tea and hour before bed, and not eating hot spicy food in the evenings if I can help it. Also I started taking my supplements in the morning. My Aller Max has cayenne pepper in it and I know that can keep me awake. Anyway, it seems to help a bit. They say try going to bed an hour earlier than normal because most of the REM sleep is before waking when you dream. I hate those exhausted almost nauseated mornings and trying to get moving. I wasn't using my Fit Bit at night at first, but I am finding that part useful. I am sure if you put something in the Hydrangeas it will work. Two years ago mine came out almost white with a tiny bit of pink, last year I finally got pink and this year I started with one bloom that was pink and the rest a blue. This last time I put something in they seem to be all lavender to blue so I am pleased.

Carolyn, sugar can do that to me too. We had more of a light rain here yesterday which wasn't too bad. I hurried out to the store before it started though to avoid being caught in the storm.

I'm back..... it was pretty warm over there so we did a mt bike yesterday morning almost 4 hours.... that was tough but done by noon, then a easy ride in the afternoon. this morning we did a early morning hike for 2 hours. we saw loads of flowers and birds, which is why this is a favorite. do you all know what the flower lewisia ( bitterroot) is will try to post a pic. they are so unusual and lovely. anyway, it was hot again today, so we came home a day early. could not think of anything else to do when it's close to 90 by noon, just too hot for me. we were out of cell service for a good part of the trip, but I didn't get any updates even though I had posted on this thread.

I never liked my hair being blown around, all tangled and in my face. it makes my scalp hurt and gives me a headache! just makes me crazy uncomfortable. so I skip convertibles. I don't like the light coming in from above with sunroofs, really prefer the air conditioning. both our cars have sun roofs but only used them once to test it. I don't enjoy it. I have ridden and driven a motorcycle, and the helmet cuts down on the hair blowing. that was back in college and I didn't worry because it was cheap transportation. too many distracted drivers now to feel comfortable with it. I feel uneasy even on a bicycle sometimes since everyone is at least yakking on a phone. a motorcycle would feel worse since you are going much faster. also, I've always worn contacts and getting a bit of grit in your eye will get you off in a big hurry too. back then we wore sunglasses, not goggles.
Lori that is a riot.. some people just don't think before they speak! anyone with visible abs at any age has worked hard for them and doesn't deserve anything but admiration and compliments. .

Our soil is naturally acid here and the hydrangeas are always blue. we don't need to do anything to them, unless we wanted pink. I never researched it.

the trouble with skin is that it loses elasticity as we get older so even with a steady weight, it will look saggy eventually. some is from sun exposure. keeping good muscle tone is probably the best thing to do. I always think people with more skin pigment have a better chance. pale white skin shows it the worst IMO. some of it is just genetic.

Good evening ladies,

This morning was SB's Adv Barre Cardio Fire 25 mins then I did another BBS jumprope on the jumpsport. And tonight was BBS Dance Cardio 11 and Upper Body 7. The upper body was tougher than I anticipated...it uses only one 10lb weight and it really fried my arms. Was a nice surprise. Total time for the day was 71 mins and 445 cals. Right now I am at 14,706. Crazy!

Deb...hoping you sleep tonight. Wrecks such havoc on me when I am lacking on sleep. My husbnd and I were just talking earlier about how exhausted we both are. My husband also had a friend that was killed on a bike when he was younger. I do miss riding but I never regretted given it up because of how he would feel while I was out.

Carolyn....I have a moon roof and it is a complete waste for me. I never open, mainly because I do not like the sun on me. Been a while since I have done that lower body Ice workout. Good job! .

Diane Sue..I was never a fan of the boxing workouts in the Shock Cardio series until I got a heavy bag. Using the bag for these workouts gave me a better calorie burn. I can't remember the ab section so I am sure I skipped it! I always wore long pants, riding boots and leather jacket and helmet when I rode regardless of the temp. I still have my leather jacket...it is red and I loved it. Liked that it was bright and easier to be seen.

Valerie...that is really hot to be active outside. I will need to look up that flower. Sounds like it was a really nice hike. I did get a chuckle out of the ab compliment and I know she had no clue how it sounded! I am the same way with my hair blowing all over the place and getting into knots. Hate it.

We are going to the Cape for the weekend and we have Friday off so nice little vacation for us. Can't come soon enough.

Hi to Judy and Caitlyn!

Valerie, a motorcycle is economical for riding. It is worrisome with the drivers who insist on using cell phones while driving. So many seem pre occupied. Interesting that your soil keeps the hydrangeas blue. I don't have much problem with my hair or eyes with the helmet. I usually trim my hair where not too much is hanging out the bottom or I shove the ends inside the back of my jacket.

Lori, I bet the red jacket is really cute. I have a black Harley Jacket with pink trim and a big pink embroidered Harley symbol on the back and matching gloves. Also have some Harley boots. We used to have a Harley. Now we have a Honda. Nice workout again today. I always liked the MMA workouts. They heavy bag does make it more fun.

Good morning,

No workout yesterday..

Carolyn, I agree, sugar has a huge impact on how we feel. Sorry about the rain...I know how you feel, we had that same thing last week or so.

Diane Sue, I think I am going to borrow John's FitBit for a while, and see what my sleep patterns are like. I have been drinking Sleeping Time Extra tea, which is chamomile tea with valerian root extract in it. It is a nice calming tea, good at bedtime. I even drink it during the day sometimes. Actually have a cup in front of me right now, and I just got up! Supposedly, any acidic fertilizer is supposed to make the flowers blue...

Valerie, sounds like you had a nice time. I really like the sunroof in our Subaru's but when it is hot and really sunny, it is not pleasant to have it open. It's great in the evening when the sun has gone down. Like having all the windows open without the wind.

Lori, great workouts and steps! Never did understand the difference between a moon roof and a sunroof? I think technically ours is called a moon roof...have a fun trip!

We decided to go away for a couple of days this weekend…to Wellsville NY, which is on the Genesee River. We are taking the dogs, John can fish, and I will just relax. Leaving tomorrow, and coming back Saturday. Nice to get a change of scenery…

Roto-rooter this morning, to clean out a downspout that is clogged, then agility class tonight…and packing! I think its tougher to pack for the dogs than for me LOL...

Take care,

I remember my boyfriend at the time ( college) had a 90 cc Honda cycle. 90 was pretty small. I think they went down to 50 cc's. I learned to "drive" it and used it a little. we crashed once during the learning process but just like on the mt bike, it's usually not too bad unless you are going fast. I got banged up a little on both! I think helmets were only recommended back then. It was Ok but bad weather made it useless, and winter used to be long in the Midwest. lost interest, and bought an old used car instead. definitely less vulnerable feeling.
Deb, hope you get a nice break. I have no idea about moonroof vs sunroof..... thought they were the same thing. I am no good at relaxing vacations like that. If I can't be hiking or riding, I want to go home. I always sleep better at home too. that's why our hydrangeas are always blue or lavender, the soil is acid to begin with.

cloudy and cooler her today so will catch up on groceries and maybe shop the REI sale. DH needs bike shorts, and we need to replace our large binoculars that have stopped working right. got them fixed once, and now we need to get new ones.

Today I did STS Shock Cardio Circuit Blast mix cardio , 23 minutes, 152 calories, 121 avg./154 heart rate. This would have been better for a short cardio on leg day because it has lots of box jumps with plié jumps, predominantly leg cardio stuff. I hadn't done it in so long. I then did STS disc 11 back and triceps , 53 minutes, 289 calories. I used the calories from Map My Fitness because I forgot to start the Fit Bit till 17 minutes into the workout. MMF still picks up the heart rate from the FitBit. I finished off with the STS Extended Stretch, 15 minutes, 39 calories. Total time was 92 minutes, calories burned 480. I am unsure how I will arrange my workouts next week. I think I will end up taking a day off at least on the days my grandchildren are staying. I still want to do the STS Cardio Circuit Blast in it's entirety one day.
Weights
w/u, lat pull downs with green band 10r; double arm rows green band 28r; bodyweight dips on bench 16r
seated overhead extensions 1 dumbbell 15# 10 r
chin ups Fit tower 10r
flat bench barbell triceps extensions 35# 15r
one arm row 30# 15r
T-pull band green 36 r
flat bench triceps extensions 15's 15r
barbell rows 55# 21 r
y's with band green 36 r
kickbacks 1 arm 15# 15r
one arm horizontal row 25# 15r
deadlifts 30's 8 r
sea saw push ups body weight 20r
one arm press down green band 36 r
chin ups body weight fit tower 13 r
seated overhead extensions both arms dumbbell 20# 15r
barbell rows 55# 21 r
double arm rows green band 36 r
side leaning one arm overhead extension 12# 15r
pullovers barbell 35# 15 r
double arm kickbacks dumbbells 12's 15 r
one arm band kickbacks green 36 r
pull ups bodyweight Fit Tower 9 r
cross body kickbacks 15# 15r
dumbbell rows both arms drop sets 20's x10r; 15's x 10r; 12's x 10r
close grip bench press drop sets 20's x 10r; 15's x 10r; 12's x 10r

Deb, I find the Fit Bit helps me to see what helps with the sleep and what doesn't. Deep sleep and Rem was only in the minutes last night. I forgot and mixed up some bone broth protein with dark chocolate chips. I thought about all that chocolate when I was about half way through eating it. I am sure that did not help. Also I only drank half a cup of the tea. Yesterday was not a relaxed day either. I stayed pretty much non stop busy all day cleaning, taking down the blinds over the sliding glass doors so I can patch up holes and paint where it was before the other two curtain panels come, and organizing and putting away things. I steamed the wrinkles out of some of the curtain panels since the wrinkles are not hanging out well. I should have just put them in my dryer using the steam touch up cycle. I think I will before we hang the last curtains. Anyway, I think that all did not help me feel relaxed when I crawled into bed. No down time first.

Valerie, my husband started with a smaller motorcycle when we were first married and rode it the miles to the oil refinery he worked at in CA. . My brother recently purchased a huge one. He has never ridden one and dropped it and messed it up. It is always better to start small. Large bikes are heavy and harder to handle till used to them. It was the same years ago with bicycle helmets. Now most riders have them on. My daughter keeps theirs together with there tornado safety supplies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.