Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 4/7

when we hike or ride I prefer mornings, but for cathe workouts I like afternoon better. some of it is conflicts with other appts. DH schedules things in the morning. we had to get tires changed out yesterday so he wanted to do returns and shopping at Lowes before the car appt, and I had to take the micro back to Costco, so it ended up being too much to get organized. sometimes that afternoon exercise is an "unwind" from the day. like it cuts out snack time if I'm working out too. Judy you are so right about sitting too much. when you're at work, don't have much choice. so many people end up having to sit all day, so you are lucky you are moving constantly. a great calorie burner even if not intense exercise.

I bought a new micro from Costco but the interior was too small. ordered the right size from amazon. should be here today. If we had a prayer of fixing the door latch our old one would be fine. it has been not working for a year or two, and now finally the button flies off every time we open or close the door. put duct tape on it temporarily but wont work long term. other wise it works fine.

We have seen moose lots of times. we have done a huge amount of backpacking all over the west. that is when you see how big moose are, when you are on foot . we have walked right past one and not noticed it in the trees. saw them bike riding in Idaho. xc skiing in Yellowstone. Elk are big also, but way more plentiful than moose. as we saw on our last trip to Yellowstone, walking in deep crusty snow is hard for everyone. animals fine it easier to walk on roads and even railroad tracks so we set up a situation by plowing roads that wildlife then uses. there are so many deer and elk in MT, especially in spring, winter when they are down at lower elevation. we both watch while driving because they blend into the background so well, and all of a sudden they are in front of you on the road. a lot of bodies, and a lot of car damage. we have a lot of deer here in WA also more so in suburban areas. we hit a deer 10 years ago. it ran into the side of our car as we turned out of our driveway. it kept going so we never knew if it survived.

Today I did Kelly Coffey Step Boxing 2 both combined workouts, 49 minutes, 360 calories, met 8.3, heart rate average 150, max 175, 4,641 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Intervals #3, 27 minutes, heart rate average 134, max 157, 196 calories, met 8.5, 1,879 steps.
Total time was 76 minutes, 556 calories, 6,520 steps. I have to run errands and get a package sent off.

Valerie, I need to check out a replacement for our microwave range hood. I am sure it will not be cheap. This one is a convection microwave with a center shelf if I left the racks inside. Pretty good sized. I need to take the time to measure it. The fan runs when you have the door open. It is one of the switches. It would have to be torn down to fix that and the convection does not work.

Today I did Slimdown Xtreme Recovery Upper Body. This is one of the shorter workouts and was 23 minutes with 139 calories burned. My average heart rate was 117 and maximum heart rate was 140. I then did a JS Upper Body Circuit from Boost Metabolism + Muscle which was 35 minutes and 198 calories burned. Average heart rate was 120 and maximum heart rate was 147.

Judy, the Slimdown workout that I did today is the same as the upper body circuit in your series. It’s a good workout in a short amount of time.

I’m working on a presentation that I am doing tomorrow and I need to get back to it. Hello to everyone and have a great day.

Judy, try taking the curcumin with food. I believe it is fat soluble. I was reading recently on supplements that are water soluble that do not require food with it to be absorbed and the ones that require some fats to be absorbed. I have tried to pay attention to this. I have wondered how well the nutrients in multivitamins are absorbed since the different vitamins etc. are either fat soluble or water soluble. Probiotics need to be taken with food. I have definitely noticed a difference since I no longer do daycare and am less active. I workout and do stuff, but I used to be moving non-stop most of the time with maybe a couple of hours of sitting and relaxing if that much. I rarely get 10,000 steps in even. I have a bit more lately, just from switching up to more cardio that has me moving on my feet and getting outside to do stuff more.

Carolyn, that is rather a short workout. I would have added too. I hope your presentation goes well.

Well I’m all set for tomorrow. Our club is presenting a financial literacy seminar for those who want to learn but are uncertain about how to start. It’s an introductory overview and is open to anyone.

I have some Curcumin in Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil from Vital Choice that I have been taking for the last six weeks. It is recommended to be taken with food. I’m not sure if I will buy it again but it was an free introductory item with one of my orders.

Those short Recovery workouts are added to the other workouts in the rotation most times. A few days they are stand alone, but after several strength workouts during the week.

Good morning,

PT exercises yesterday.

Diane Sue, good that Ancient Nutrition is going to investigate what could have happened with their product. Thanks for the info on the Curcumin. I looked at the Vimerson Health Tumeric Curcumin, and thought it looked good, but read the safety info....it appears that it may interfere with blood thinners...which makes me wonder what that means when it comes to my condition, ( Factor V), which means my blood clots more easily., Gertie is beautiful!

Judy, that's great that all the walking etc from work has helped your back and legs. I have heard/seen those stand up desks and they sound like a good idea.

Valerie, that's great that you can work out in the afternoons, and it helps keep you from snacking on dinner..LOL. Our new microwave will be delivered between 9 and 1 today. Fingers crossed that it will fit in the space that the old one has been in. If not, we have a big issue to resolve. Do moose or elk run across the road like deer do?

Carolyn, that is great that your club is presenting that seminar!

Hi to Lori,

Take care,

Deb we originally had a combo wall oven/microwave. stupid to have those 2 appliances connected but that is what the builder did. sure enough, the microwave died in a couple years and we had to yank the whole business out. I would never have those 2 appliances in one unit. so instead of replacing it with a similar setup, we put in a separate circuit with a shelf for a micro . bought a plain wall oven. the wall space was already open since we had to tear out the failed combo oven/micro since then, the wall oven died and was replaced, the micro finally died. In our other house, we did the same thing. micro on its own shelf /circuit. I didn't want a micro over the stove top. very popular these days but I'm too short for them. unsafe for shorter people. on its own shelf with its own plug... replacing is so simple! you can buy trim kits if you want the built in look. I use the space above and sides for sheet pans etc.

Deb maybe you should try the same shoes with a lower arch superfeet. I think the blue is one step below the green. I have both but mostly use the blue ones. I have them in many of my shoes.

we mt biked yesterday at the tree farm. wow wet and muddy. we got filthy! 1 hour 45 min. tried out our new helmets. they are very comfortable and much easier to adjust the chin strap. hard to keep a helmet cover on. they don't have the pointy extensions in the back. will have to come up with a velcro fix or the cover will blow off going fast.

Carolyn that is a wonderful service to provide. so many families one person manages the money. I admit I'm an idiot about investing.

elk run across the road like deer and same as deer, often travel in a group. if there is a elk , there are probably another 6 either in front or behind. moose are not herd animals so usually only one, unless a mother and calf. of course, hitting one moose would be a bad hit! they are shy and don't generally move in groups . Im sure I read about them getting hit by trains in snowy areas because its so much easier to walk on the tracks.

Last edited:
Today I did Lite Metabolic Basic Mix #10, main+ calorie crush+Pyramid Pump back+abs #2+ extended stretch #2, (I had to lower the metabolic rate on this from 7.10 to 6.1, 400 calories, heart rate average 110, max 163, 76 minutes, 2,781 steps. I will be back in awhile. DH and I have some things to go out and do today.

This morning I did JS Core Control from the Build Balance + Inner Strength dvd. It was 32 minutes and 221 calories burned. My average heart rate was 129 and maximum heart rate was 163. Good fusion workout with standing core work.

Our seminar was a great success! I was afraid that no one would come, but we had about 30 people of all ages. Several people came over to thank me for us putting on the event and mentioned their desire to learn more. It was very rewarding. We did it for Money Smart Week, a nation wide public awareness campaign to help people better manage their personal finances.

Have a wonderful afternoon everyone.

Reactions: WD
Did Stacked upper body premix for 25 minutes this morning raising weights and adding reps. we had to go leave earlier so time crunch. still, it moves fast and I feel well worked. from one move to the next with no breaks at all.
founbd out today cousin and wife are moving. in about a year and a half, moving to AZ. selling and buying there. we will miss them. we will still keep contact of course.

Carolyn, I think most people are intimidated by money and investing. it is great you could do something like this. I let DH do it because I hate dealing with money issues. he is good at it, which is great for us, but an excuse for me to be the dumb bunny.

Hi Everyone,

I was off work yesterday and today. Yesterday I did Core Max 1, 4 DS KB Warm up and LiTe PHA 2 again. I've been doing that combination a lot lately. Today I did 30 minutes of HiiT intervals on my spinning bike. It's supposed to be in the 30's and snowing tomorrow. I can't believe this crazy weather.

Deb-Good luck with your new microwave!

Carolyn-That's great that your seminar was a success! It sounds very informative and I'm sure it was helpful for everyone who attended.

Diane Sue- I love the photos of Gertie! She is a sweetheart!

Valerie-Great job with Stacked Upper Body!

Hi to Lori!

Judy

Deb, you might check with your doctor or do some research. There are so many supplements that will thin blood, and if someone is taking a blood thinner they may need to be monitored. Fish oil can thin blood as well, if I remember right.

Carolyn, that is great that your presentation went so well. I think a lot of people could use help in that area.

Valerie, my microwave is high for me. I cannot see the food when I reach up to stir it. I usually put a plate under a bowl of soup so I have less chance of dropping it and pouring hot soup all over myself.

Judy , it has rained all day and windy. Dropping to mid 30's. Fortunately the sun wI'll be back tomorrow.

Diane sue I always wanted to be taller, 5'10 was my goal. fat chance!. I never made 5'3" and I am closer to 5'2" now. I cant reach or see into micros above the stovetop, and I do not want to spill hot liquids on myself. or accidentally touch a hot cooktop. I made a big deal of it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.