Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 3/6

Lynda-it was awful! The worst was mothers coming in with sick babies :( thinking they could get something homeopathic or natural. I remember one that came in carrying a very tiny baby, couldn't have been a year old. The mom said "I think my baby has pneumonia, do you have anything for that?". I told her she had to take her baby to the nearest hospital ER immediately. She just said ok, and walked out.

We did a hike this morning, about 6 miles 3 hrs 15 minutes. we got up in an hour and 24 min. sat for a bit at the lake. this was a REAL hike, lots of steep uphill, lots of running water. almost like hiking up a creek bed, until we got to snow, which was very wet and sloppy. wasn't raining but the trees dripping made it almost like rain. I am pooped!
Yesterday we finished off loading and unloading the wood, for my upper body workout. all done with that now. Lynda, we have a woodstove in our family room and use it to supplement the furnace. it heats mainly the area we spend the most time, kitchen and family room.

I looked up Jamie Dornan too, after watching The Fall. I was surprised to see he was the lead in the Fifty shades movie. that sounded like a real bow--wow to me. no interest in that.
I was a little disappointed that DA ended up so neat and tidy. a little too perfect to me, but still overall I enjoyed the series. I have not come across the Manners one. cruising for something to watch, we watched Valley of the Dolls last night. oh my.... it was so bad it was funny. Amazing what passed for edgy and risqué back then. so simple!
we were going to try a series called Smileys People, based on the le carre spy series but the sound quality was poor, no subtitles and people speaking other languages made it a no go for us.

the lower temps might burn a few extra calories.... won't pass that up... but mainly I over heat easily at regular "room temp". I keep it cold enough so I need to start with a fleece top during the first 10 minutes.

Today my husband and I had plans for an early lunch and to go see Dead Pool. If it wasn't for the humor portions I don't think I would have liked that movie at all. My husband did though. But, he agreed that they used certain bad words an extremely lot and that maybe all of that torture stuff was a bit much. I couldn't look part of the time. Plus, what a terrible bunch of upcoming movie previews. Lots of doom and evil stuff.
Anyway, we walked around the mall and checked out what was left in Macys since they were going out of business. There was not much left.
Today I did Cathe Live Power Step 39 minutes, 347 calories and added the stability ball abs from Cardio Boxing and Stability ball Abs live. I did this with the stretch and it was 15 minutes, 63 calories. The abs started at 32 minutes into the workout. Total workout was 54 minutes and calories burned 410. Normally I would have used my Bosu ballast ball for all of the abs but I did not want to stress the neck with the boat hold move and overhead stuff. Power Step was pretty intense and moves that I am used to with Cathe. It kept the heart rate up pretty well. average was 141 and max was 163.

Judy, I remember my daughter going back to work fairly quickly after using the Tamiflu. I think she was still kind of run down but I don't think they are contagious once the fever is gone. That is crazy about the sick people coming into the health store. I see them hanging in Walgreens coughing and stuff. The other day I was in Target and this woman was shopping early in the day with a boy that I bet stayed out of school sick. He was coughing and leaning on the shopping cart. I kept trying to move to another isle. That is so sad, if someone thinks their child has pneumonia they are a bad parent for not immediately taking them to the doctor. I sometimes start with a sweatshirt on and remove it after the warm up.

Deb, yes, I really did like the barre work in Long Strong legs. I really felt it. I used to wear ankle weights when I would do the barre work on Kickmax. That seems forever ago though. I do think that was part of why my legs were sore.

Lynda, generally I would have went a bit heavier with tri sets legs but, it really does affect the shoulders and neck some just trying to keep the posture and alignment with the weights. Also it moves pretty quickly from one move to the other without too long of breaks. It is just not worse the pain I could end up with so, I have been kind of looking for lighter stuff to do. I am used to going much heavier though. I like the sound of the time length of the Ice workout that you did today.

Thinking of liking cool temperatures when working out, I have wondered while doing the live workouts if Cathe's Gym is cold. I see so many wearing long sleeves while working out at times.

Good evening ladies..

Came home yesterday and now have my DS's nasty cold. Ugh. When he showed up Wednesday he was so stuffed up. I knew flying on a plane with him and then the weekend - I would be destined to get it. Poor guy he slept most of the first day we arrived in Charlotte. No workout at all today. Hoping I will have the energy tomorrow.

I'll read posts when feeling better.

Josie...I did notice your post about your friend and sending prayers her way. What a terrible accident.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Good morning,

Yesterday I did Live Upper Body with the Ball. This is a good one, except Cathe goes so fast, changing from one exercise to another, I thought I would doing one of the Pyramid workouts. The core section is a tough one too. We had a break in across the street yesterday, the police were on the block for almost 4 hours. I stated to think they were milking it so that they didn't have to go anywhere else. A kid broke the neighbors back door window, reached in and unlocked the door, but the alarm scared him off. Another neighbor saw him go up the side street and could describe him so they stayed cruising around the neighborhood looking for him. Scary..I wasn't home at the time, arrived right after the police got her.

Lynda, I was turned off by those books too, but so many people were saying how "great" they were....ugh. Thanks for the reminder about Doc Marten...it did have a good ending.

Judy, that is awful....going to a health food store with a sick baby instead of to the Dr? I hope she listened to you and went to the ER.

Valerie, that sounds like a great hike. There are 2 "specials" about the Manners of Downton....I think you should at least be able to get the second one, More Manners of Downton through PBS Masterpiece streaming on line. Not sure if the first one is still available. I am almost finished with Philly. I am surprised this didn't last for more than one season. I like the actors/characters a lot. Another law/lawyers drama series...somehow I find myself liking those a lot. My basement is about 62 degrees, I do the same, put on a fleece until I warm up, then toss it off.

Diane Sue, agree on the language...what is it about using foul language to the point where it sounds forced? Do people really talk like this in some circles? I was just thinking the same thing yesterday when doing a Live workout....most of the time Cathe has on a long sleeve fleece type jacket...she must keep it really cold in there. Yesterdays' workout she had on a short sleeved t-shirt though.

Lori, oh no! now you have the dreaded cold...I hope you feel better and it is not a flu.

Hi to Josie,

It's supposed to be 65 today! Yes! I might try a Live kickbox workout. Then again, maybe my cousin would like to go to the track and Jog/walk....we'll see. Agility class later....

Take care,

Sorry about the cold Lori. I go to extremes to avoid exposure. I get so miserable I can't do anything but snuggle with the Kleenex box. It almost never goes beyond my nose, sinuses but that's enough. I'm compulsive about not touching my face until I've washed or sanitized my hands, and that alone has reduced my colds noticeably.

I always overdress to warm up. same with hikes or bike riding. Once we get going, we stop to adjust layers, after 10-15 minutes. when cathe talks about warming up, to me that is overall... muscles, raising body temp, heart rate . I sort of click into "exercise mode" at that point, and for endurance based activity can go for many hours.
I called the bike shop yesterday and told them I was going somewhere on vacation ( true) and needed my bike back soon, and needed it back however they could get it done. well, they finished it and I can get it today. if it's not raining, we plan on a ride today. we also need time to put the bike on the camper rack and try to figure out what happened so it won't repeat itself. we can raise the rack higher but need to put the bikes on and test it.

Diane sue I have a couple thoughts on the neck issue. Keep an eye on your posture. many people get into a forward lean with their heads a little too far forward.... from looking at a computer screen or other device too much. called "text" neck" sometimes. you need to see yourself from the side so another person should observe you. My yoga instructor used to point this out often. A cousin has issues with this and has had neck problems. it became a habit for him. he's working on better posture, alignment, because the head position became chronic, even while he was watching TV. the other thing is pillows. I get a sore neck every time I t sleep on hotel pillows. I'm used to a flatter feather pillow. I don't think the same pillow is perfect for everyone, but it's a "variable". Ay changes there? old pillow too flat? new pillow too thick? that sort of thing. I slightly hurt my neck on a mt bike ride ...a hard jolt that made my neck do crackling sounds. I took a short course of NSAIDS, a month or 6 weeks, and it went away and never came back. I did not stop exercising, but backed off anything that made it crackle.

I'm going to look up the "manners" on Netflix and see if it's available. we're watching another british mini series called Broadhurst. very good so far. the british do so much better at making the mundane interesting, without going crazy over-the-top like so many American series do. started watching one with kevin bacon that was just wretched.

Hi everyone--

This morning I did Cathe Live Crush It Low impact (35 min.). Really good short workout--Cathe pushes it in this one much faster than the Sweat workouts IMO.

Deb, that must have been unnerving to have the police patrolling for such an extended period. I have been streaming season 4 of House of Cards on Netflix, so I haven't really checked on Prime. I think I recommended The Wire some time ago. I really enjoyed it a lot. Five seasons. I think I put the Forsyte Saga on my watch list, and there's always Bosch starting on Friday. The GW is turning into a comedy these days.

Diane Sue, the Macy's here is closing down too. People do so much shopping on line that brick and mortar stores are becoming an anomaly I guess. I think you do really well for someone with neck and shoulder issues. I know what you mean about recent movies--nothing I am fired up about seeing. Deadpool did get pretty good reviews but was rated R.

Judy, I hope that mother took your advice. Maybe she didn't have any health insurance.

Lori, I hope you recover quickly from that cold. No fun to return from a trip feeling sick. DH and I are off to Boston this weekend to see our younger son and his woman friend. We are definitely going to Strega's again and either Neptune Oyster or Highland Kitchen on Saturday. We will be going to the MFA to see the Picasso exhibition. I love that museum

Valerie, was that Kevin Bacon series with a serial killer who was a professor specializing in works by E.A. Poe? One of my colleagues liked the first season because he is a Poe scholar. The Following?

Hi to Josie!

Today I started with a live workout that I thought was lower only. I cannot remember what it was called but I spent 8 minutes doing the warm up and the first round of 3 exercises, Cathe uses only 8# for this, and it was compound lower with upper overhead squat press, lunge bicep curls and a plie into a jump with overhead triceps. I stopped there because it went on with more overhead presses. So, I put in Live Lean Body Lower, 51 minutes, 305 calories. This one was a nice mix of moves with 10 and 15# dumbbells the firewalker band and a gliding disc. I then put on live kicckbox and barre and started at 30 minutes into the workout doing the barre and stretch which was 23 minutes, 94 calories. I burned 36 calories with what I did during the 8 minutes I spent on the other workout and did not do overhead press with it.
Lean Lower Body
squat 15's
deadlift 15's
plie 15's placing each on the floor and picking up then holding
wide stance deadlift
repeat this rnd
firewalker band doing jacks and jogs then repeat then
1 leg hops with the firewalker band and leg swings with arms overhead
remove band
static lunge with 15# full, pulse, half, full
disc
side slide right 8 reps then switch to left sometimes it is 4 reps switching back and forth ( I lost count at times and didn't notice what the pattern was)
rear lunge with one disc alternating feet
No equipment
lunge , then forward back lunge
10#'s
lateral walks right 4 then left 4 repeating
15#
cross back lunge 15 reps, 15 reps, 7 reps 7 reps, 3 reps 3 reps
firewalker band
side walks, angled walks, facing back walks high and low walks
rest
10# dumbbells
diagonal lunge put weight down and pick it up
disc warrior lunge
No disc warrior, crescent pose, down dog, the flow is done twice on each side
stretch

Valerie, thanks for the thoughts. I do try to concentrate on my posture and neck alignment. When I got Beach Body Tai Cheng workouts they helped quite a bit with the alignment. I do get lots of neck stress when sitting at the computer. I have to move it to different levels so I don't stay in the same position for very long. I hate hearing that crackling sound. It was so bad this morning when I got up that I had tears leaking out the corners of my eyes. I had to get warmed up a bit and did some mobility stuff and stretches and it improved. That and Ice along with hot soaks seem to be the most affective. I have had this happen before and then go away. It may take awhile to get it in check. Last time this happened I quit using my pillow because it was too fluffy and also I tend to roll into it and stick my hands under it which leaves my head at an odd angle and wanting to roll off at times. I bought a chiroflow water pillow that I can adjust how much water is inside so my head is aligned with my shoulder when I am lying on my side. It helped a lot so I don't think this time that that is the problem. I sat here last night reading stuff on physical therapy and neck issues. I am kind of at my whits end since I have been to my doctor 3 times with this in the last 18 months and I am not getting much help. The first time she gave me a prescription mixed cream that did nothing for me. Then she told me to take some Advil or something and if it kept bothering come back and maybe they would Xray. Then I mentioned it at my physical and she said nothing so I specifically went in this time with only that to address and she gave me muscle relaxers and some 12 hour med to take instead of the Advil since the Advil was making me sick and dizzy. So, I am at a loss. My daughter has been after me to switch to a doctor in her best friends husbands office. I wouldn't go to him because I see him at their house and all of the birthdays etc.. so she gave me a couple of other people to try. It is just that that is time consuming with an HMO to switch and costs to keep going in. Anyway, that is me airing my thoughts on all of this. Also, it seems when I am in this much pain the foam roller really, really hurts. I may have to move to just barre and spin or something if this keeps up just to see if I completely leave it alone would help.

Deb, I doubt the police really wanted to hang out. Sometimes people keep them hanging just to talk. Also they really do need to try their best to find the person who broke in. Better that than having them not care :) I saw on our neighborhood page that someone had had a break in down the street from us. Also it was reported last week that a young man was going to doors offering to sell magazines, sell cleaners etc. It changed from house to house. It is mostly all elderly people here. And mostly elderly women who are alone. One had a husband that went out to talk to the man and he left the neighborhood. I don't know why they didn't call the police to begin with. Maybe the other person that was broken into on Monday would not have had that happen.

Lynda, that is what my husband said about stores going under because people shop online. I would rather shop online myself most of the time. I love Amazon. Walmart is working on gathering more online shoppers. They have store grocery pick up after you order online here. Also I have seen where Amazon is starting more grocery shopping delivery in some areas. I checked here and it is not available here yet. I would rather go to the store for my groceries though.

Deb, since we don't have regular TV, I don't know about BB being on, but I doubt it. I found Manners but it's not streaming, just netflix mail. We got Saul on Netflix streaming, only 1 season so far, but connects to BB characters as a prequel.

Lynda, the Following...the one with the E.A. Poe references. I lasted about 30 min. didn't care for it. I'm getting spoiled by all these British series that are so much less "obvious" and seem populated by "real world " people rather than a crew straight out of central casting. with so many good choices, I don't have much patience for hollywood. I do like Kevin Bacon. I took one glance at the first scenes and said, is the pacemaker real?" don't know if he really has one and they wrote the storyline to fit it in? or if it was added for the storyline.

I feel bad sometimes ordering online. we waste so much time looking for things in brick and mortar stores and 75% of the time have to go order it online because "it" is not available.

Diane sue, for some people the prescription enteric coated non steroidals work better because they last longer so you don't need to dose every 4 hours. I've never had issues with any of them. you need to be alert to how you respond to decide they work well enough and whether you are getting any GI side effects. my DH can't take them at all, his stomach acts up right away. I use them carefully as needed and find they help me a lot with joint symptoms.

Good morning,

Yesterday I did Live 80's Style Cardio With Low Impact Blasts. 47 minutes. 296 calories. This was pretty good, pretty easy to modify when needed. A couple of the exercises stumped me so I just did low impact jacks for those.

Valerie, how is the bike? Did you work on what might have happened on the rack? Agree on the "slumping" that causes some neck pain. I find myself slumping when at the computer desk, that is why I use the stability ball now. As soon as I change back to the chair, I am slumping again! I HATE hotel pillows too! I have a small couch throw type pillow that I put in a pillow case and use in bed at home. It is pretty much flat, maybe 3 inches high. You can get Manners on your iPad on Masterpiece / PBS. Not ideal for 2 people to watch, but if only you, it is ok. I watch everything on the iPad or a laptop, since we don't have cable TV either. Only an antenna, and that doesn't get much. The TV in the basement anyway in my workout area, so no watching there. .

Lynda, did that Live Crush it workout the other day....agree...it is a good one, kind of like a mix of all the good stuff in the 2 ICE DVD's I think I had The Wire in my Watch List on Prime a while ago. If I remember right, I could not understand the dialog....maybe I will try again with Closed Caption on this time. I am looking forward to Bosch. I thought Grantchester started this past Sunday, but it is not until the end of the month. I just finished Philly last night. I agree on The GW...the guy carrying around the dog is strange, but I like his wife. I think her name is Tessa? I read somewhere that they may be spinning her character off into a new series? A trip to Boston for the weekend sounds great!

Diane Sue, Have you had an MRI of your neck? I don't think any of the Macy's are closing here. That would be bad since they are anchor stores in a couple of the malls here. That "door tp door" person sounds like a scam for sure, is worrisome, especially with older people who are sometimes too trusting. We were talking outside with the neighbors and we decided to create a email group of the neighbors, and exchange all phone numbers, cell and land lines. I also want to get all the names of kids etc, so we all know who should be in the houses, and if anything happens, to know who to check for. After thinking about it I think the police waited for the couple across the street to come home, maybe they didn't want to leave the house with the back door open and a window broken. The left after they got home and they talked to them.

Hi to Judy, Josie, & Lori,

A workout, and maybe out to lunch today, since it is John's day off, and it too rainy for him to go fishing.

Take care,

Having a wind and rain storm since yesterday. I started typing earlier and shut down as I thought power was going out. it did just for a second but phone/internet went down for an hour or so. hope we get a weather window between rain storms so I can ride to test the bike.

I did the standing work in LBB yesterday. we picked up my bike but the weather got windy and rainy before we had a chance to ride anywhere. they gave us the old part so we can try to see what happened. there are a lot of similarities between LBB and my therapy exercises, so that will be my 'go to" for a while. not exactly the same moves, LBB has more to it. I do best with a "script" to follow.
we spent some time working on the bike rack trying different positions. added padding to the already padded bumper so bikes jiggle even less. somehow, in a way we probably won't understand, the shift handle got caught on something.

Macy's is the anchor store here too. I haven't been in one in a long time though. I hardly go into malls. when I do, it's with a specific purchase in mind. REI is in a mall but it's possible to zoom from parking to REI, and back out without trudging thru other stores. I spend more time at Lowes or Home Depot than clothing stores.

ETA to agree that language has gotten ridiculous in movies. I think in some the eff word comprises 50% of the spoken words. it really is just a cheap way to fill up the dialogue. I'm not a prude, in the right place, right time, fine, but if that's the best people can communicate, we all need help.

Deb, that's great you have a neighbor network. we have home owner association but thewebpage doesn't have a place to post. the guy who ran it wanted to be compensated so it phased out. now, there are a few of us who chat and keep each other up to date on what news we get about break ins etc. used to be unheard of, and then the tribal casino got built and the neighborhood has suffered.

Last edited:
Today I did Live Metabolic Conditioning. This is a really good one....I am still feeling the "after burn". Very short, only 42 minutes, but Cathe does not waste one moment of time. Thank goodness for those water breaks. John would have to come down and pick me up off the floor if she didn't do those! :)

Hi everyone--

This morning I did Live Metabolic Mishmash (51:00). This one is tougher than the Ice Metabolic IMO--or at least my heartbeat was going a lot faster.

Diane Sue, I wonder if you might not get some answers with an MRI. It really helped with my shoulder. The orthopedist thought it was frozen shoulder and I was doing PT for that and it just seemed to make it worse. So I did an MRI and it was tendonitis, not frozen shoulder. Stopped PT, had a cortisone shot and that did the trick.

I think our mall may soon be shutting down. Just not enough shoppers to keep it going. I can't even remember the last time I was in there.

Deb, you definitely need the CC for The Wire. The Baltimore gangsta speak is too hard to understand without it. Sounds like that workout is tough--like the one I did today.

I am looking forward to the next 3 days--Boston, good food, and no workouts planned other than walking.

ttfn

Today I did live Cardio Core Circuit, 46 minutes, 286 calories. This didn't seem as hard to me as the dvd workout. I chose it because it said standing core. I ended up modifying some of that because there is no way I was going to do wood chops and the overhead circles. I did some of the rotation standing stuff like they do in Ripped With Hiit and at the end when they strung the core together I just jumped on the rebounder. I really did like it though and I generally love weighted standing core work. Cathe sure did have a lot of bloopers :) I did okay until I would look at someone doing the wrong thing. It did get confusing at times.
I also did Get Steppin 44 minutes, 327 calories. This was pretty easy to follow. All of it was familiar stuff, no surprises and it seemed a bit more steady state than interval type work. Total workout today was 90 minutes and calories burned 613. I would have done some spinning but my grandson is here today and tomorrow so I wouldn't be able to put in a movie unless I wanted to watch something a 5 year old would like. I liked the pace today on what I did.. My neck is not near as painful today. I took my ice pack with me when I went to bed last night. It is starting to bother some this afternoon but it seems like it has to work hard to hold up this big old head :) As far as an mri my daughter told me this morning that the doctor has not seen the arthritis in my neck to really diagnose it as that and that I should just call and request x rays and mri. For the knee the insurance required x rays first before I could have the mri. If it keeps it up I will do that.

Valerie, the pills the doctor gave me did not work at on tablet. She told me to double them for a few days. That made me dizzy after a couple of days so I let up on taking two. It did help me get some sleep.

Deb, we have an online nextdoor neighbor group. People report things going on in the area that is odd. It also helps find repair people that are reliable and people find their lost pets etc.. That is how I knew someone was going through the neighborhood and read about the break in. I have one neighbor's phone number. She is gone out of town a lot though because she travels and fixes problems in hospitals. They also have offered some helpful group get togethers with law enforcement to help them learn safety procedures. My daughter's area has something similar. They have a neighborhood facebook page that they keep up with each other on.

Lynda, that is good that you got the mri. I am sure it made a big difference on treatment. This Mall has a lot of business that comes and goes. They opened a Von Muir department store a couple of years ago and did some remodeling. The AMC theater draws a lot of people. Also there are loads of apartments around it. But, there are lots of smaller strips around the area that are growing with stores like Dicks etc.. JC Pennys has stayed. I don't know if Dillards is still there. I think Macys came in after Foleys went out. I sometimes feel guilty when I shop cosmetics and clothing online though because it does nothing to help people that need jobs and the local community. Cities survive on a good tax base from the businesses.

Got to run. I was going to take my grandson to the library. I am hearing noises upstairs. Earlier he squirted a whole bottle of bath and body works hand sanitizer all over the toilet paper roll. He seems to be feeling a bit off today.

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did a 1 hour Spinerval. Today I did KCM Body Shop, workout 1.

DH is doing much better. He even worked out last night. He still has a lingering cough but no other symptoms. So far I've been ok.

I got my cholesterol results back yesterday. Two numbers were good, my HDL was 94 and triglycerides were 43. The other two were not good at all and I will have to work on getting them lower.

Diane Sue-the Tamiflu worked quickly for DH. I'm sure he would have been sick a few days longer without it.
I prefer shopping online too. I love Amazon and have ordered from them for years. My Amazon history goes back to 1999. Recently I've been ordering cat food & supplies from Chewy.com. I still like to shop at a few stores but not having to fight the traffic and crowds is really nice.

Lori- I hope you are feeling better.

Deb-great job with the Live workouts!

Lynda-Hope you have a great time in Boston!

Hi to Valerie & Josie!

Judy

Good morning,

Yesterday I did the Live one, mentioned above. Good calorie burn for only 42 minutes. This one is a keeper.

Valerie, that's great that you have a DVD workout that is similar to the PT exercises. It is so much easier to do something when it's playing on a DVD. I have about 5 hip stretching exercises that I try to do at the end of every workout, and I actually almost dread doing them because its boring without someone leading it....I really don't like Macy's and don't go in there at all.

Lynda, Enjoy your visit! That Live Metabolic one you did is on my "list" of workouts to do. I am trying to keep up with a split of: 1. Legs 2. Cardio 3. Upper body 4. Cardio 5. Total Body 6. Cardio. I find it hard to find 3 cardio Live workouts that I like in a week.. The Live list has a lot of step and kick box, which I am not fond of so I have been putting one treadmill workout a week in there. Starting watching Bosch season 2 last night. At first I was almost thinking I would have to re-watch season 1 to figure out what was going on, but after the first episode, it all came back.

Diane Sue, yes, that Cardio Core workout has a lot of moves you would want to avoid with your neck problem. I liked that one a lot. Yes, Cathe does have "bloopers" which makes the Live workouts almost more fun. She sometimes misses doing one side of an exercise, jumps to the next one, then realizes it and goes back to "make it even". LOL. The same thing happened to me when I had a herniated disk. I had to have x-rays, ( which showed nothing wrong) then 2 months of PT, then an epidural, before they would ok surgery. This was over a 10 month period while I was in agony. I begged for surgery. How old is your grandson?

Judy, glad Chris is doing better. ( Can I call him "Chris"?). You mentioned his name in a post and now that I know it, it feels strange referring to him as "DH". Your cholesterol numbers sound like mine. Which 2 were not good? Total and LDL? I like shopping on line too, hate going to stores now. Amazon is my favorite. I have heard good things about Chewy.com. I should go over and see what they carry for dogs.

Lori, are you still sick?

Hi Josie!

A workout, then I am meeting my friend for breakfast,

Lynda going to Boston, anyone else have any plans for the weekend?

Take care,

Deb-you can call him Chris :). Yes, Total and LDL :( I spent last night working on a new eating plan. I know I have been eating too much saturated fat so I will have to change that.

Chewy.com has been great so far.

Good morning ladies!

I am still so sick. Been out for a couple of days. Today is my first day back. At work and not sure how long I will last!

Hope to catch up with you over the weekend. My DH sad yesterday, I know you must be miserable...not because you are sick but you have not even been able to workout! Lol! He knows me well. :)

Hi Ladies,

My workouts for the week were: Spinning and Karina on Tuesday, spinning on Wednesday and Bodypump and Karina on Thursday.
Today is a rest day and tomorrow I plan on running in the morning and Sunday I will be doing a 51 mile ride with hills.

I'm happy to report that I have lost 3 pounds :). I guess the extra miles and cardio has finally made the needle on the scale move.

My DF says that she is doing better, but I think that the pain meds are just masking the pain. She will not be able to put pressure on her leg where the hip broke until the 24th of this month. She did say that she was sitting now.

Garance, have a great time in Boston.

Judy, I gave up red meat and by taking the Cholest-Off my numbers went down. Give it a try. My HDL is 108 :)

Lori, hope that you feel better soon.

Hi to Diane-Sue and Valerie and Deb!

Josie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.