Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 11/5

STS is done! Today was D 36 Shoulders, Biceps, and Triceps. My time was 1 hour 11 minutes and 243 calories burned. Average heart rate was 104 and maximum heart rate 144. I followed up with the Extended Stretch for an additional 15 minutes.

Judy, X10 is a nice workout that I often overlook. I usually do the Step, Low Impact, and/or Fat Burning Circuit. X77 is not on my radar for any time! One reason that Cathe’s rotations work well for me is that they keep me aware of older workouts. I like to look at the monthly rotation even if I don’t plan to do it. Happy Anniversary.

Deb, I love the RWH workouts. My problem was doing those workouts only for 4 weeks. It was too much HiiT for me. I switched to other workouts halfway through the third week. Now I mix RWH in with other less intense workouts.

Diane Sue, that is terrible that the dealership has had your car all of this time and done nothing. Have you considered communicating directly with GM about this problem? That would at least get you on record with them even if you are still dealing with your local dealership.

Valerie, it sounds like you have recovered nicely and are getting back into your routine.

Hello to Lori.

If you don't want to pay for a supplement, nothing forces you. at least in this area, you limit yourself to the providers who will accept straight medicare. I don't think many do, but if you don't need a lot of services, then it might work out. you would need to call the offices you usually are seen at, and see what their policy is for seeing straight medicare people. DH just went thru this process for his coverage.

Have you considered going over the dealer to some sort of regional office? it does not seem like they are taking your problem seriously. I didn't mean the women workers were any more helpful than the men, but I think female customers would feel less intimidated dealing with a woman. might make absolutely no difference in outcome at the end of the day.

we rode our regular road ride 26 miles, about 2.5 hours. lovely outside, sunny and cold to start but warmed up to over 50.

Carolyn congratulations on completing STS! that is a wonderful accomplishment. Be proud of yourself.

Good evening ladies,

Yesterday I tried out a sculpt workout from Lekfit and oh my did I feel it later on. Wow. I really enjoyed it and can see myself loving these workouts. I am going to continue on for a month and see how it goes. These will be good to do while in Florida. Not much needed. My inlaws have 3 and 5lb weights and I’ll just bring some bands. While there I am going to go to walmart and buy some ankle weights to keep there and a set of 8lb dumbbells. No clue why I never did this before! Today was a cardio day and I did a BBS Bounce workout plus a Lekfit bounce for 37 mins. I am tired tonight so this was my only workout.

Deb...you are right I can see how JS would be confusing. I never gave any thought. I will be more clear. I think you have the dvd that has the 20min arms. There are 3 20 min workouts on this dvd. Arms, legs and core. I love this dvd. I use 6.5lb weights instead of the 5lb she uses and sometimes I will use 8lbs depending on my mood.

Diane Sue...ok I know Tracey Long now. I know a lot of people love her. Funny I used to think rebounding was cheating too!! Not anymore. It does change things up while still getting the heart rate up! I feel I get more out of Jessica’s workouts on the trampoline. I also use ankle weights and handweights. Great job getting thru all your Kelly workouts! I can’t believe all the car issues you have had.

Judy...2lazy4gym is pretty tough so when she is liking a workout I take notice! Recently she has reviewed a few Jessica workouts and also Linda Woolridge. We do not board any longer. My son usually is available to watch and the one time we all were away this summer we had one of his friends in town come over several times during the day to take care of the cat and doggies. This friend is a great kid and we totally trust him. Worked out well. I did x77 twice and both times I was exhausted afterwards. Unlikely, I will ever do it again.

Valerie....adult cats have a lot of love to give! Glad all is good with your leg. The scar will fade over the years. Better to have a scar than the alternative!

Hi to Carolyn!!

Any plans for the weekend? Going to be cold here. We have been used to the warmer weather but I am afraid it is now gone!

We went and got our flu shots today. It gave me an opportunity to get my medicare and supplement cards in the Doctors office system. I kept thinking that I should take it up there so they had it. The thing is they seem so nice at the dealership when I go in and talk like they are really wanting to help me out. Understanding it would not be good for me to be left stuck in an unsafe place with my car not starting. I don't get the attitude, other than maybe they have no clue what to do with that problem and keep putting it off. They do diagnostics with a computer system code reader etc.. I am hoping that since I have the loaner, they will get right on it so they can get their car back. Plus after my husband got done with them, you would think they might be worried about us complaining up the ladder somewhere. I think we are going to go watch my grandson Wrestle for awhile tomorrow. Those Wrestling competitions take all day long and I am pretty sure my 6 year old grandson will get antsy before we are there too long.

Carolyn, I always think that the one X10 segment that I feel is the toughest is the Hi/Lo. I do fine till that one and then Cardio Blast is not as tough and the Fat Burning Circuit seems to take it down a notch. It just may be that by the time I get to the last two I am well warmed up and by the Circuit I know I am almost done :) I used the premixes more than doing all of it. I have been through most of the Kelly Coffey dvds. I think I still have the older weights workout, Circuit Burn and another older kickbox that I think is the first 30 minutes to Fitness kick box. I want to do the Boot camp as is with the weights, but yesterday I really did not want to lift weights at all. I have had a lot of muscle soreness from these workouts. Oh, and yes, I am going through all of the workouts of Kelly's that I have. I am missing the very first step boxing workout and the body weight workout. I used to have them and am not sure who I may have loaned them to. I Think there is a couple that I never purchased. One was a cardio that came out around the same time as Plateau buster. Also she did an ab workout compilation from her workouts that I never purchased.

Valerie, before I signed up I called my doctor's office and asked if they would still keep me as a medicare patient and they said yes. I said nothing at the time about the supplement. They made copies of both cards today. No problem there :) I can see some women feeling less intimidated with women dealing with them. I really didn't feel intimidated. The reactions seemed like they really wanted to help. The After Sales Advisor took me to the office of the office of the Service Director and they discussed the issue with me. The service director suggested the after sales advisor get me on the list for a loaner car. We had discussed what I had read on others having the same issue, we discussed exactly how and when the problem happens with my car. Then when I asked how it was going, not knowing my husband had just talked to them, the guy said that they had a couple of ideas of what to check out. I really do think they are clueless about what to do. That is great that you are able to get back out and doing your rides again.

Lori, purchasing some weights and keeping them in Florida seems like it will make things a lot easier. I used to have our fifth wheel trailer stocked with ankle weights and some dumbbells, tubing, and bands. That way when we headed out I didn't have to think about loading up that sort of thing every time. I felt I was probably working harder than the other women on Jessica Smith's workout while on the rebounder. I pick up light weights for various workouts for intensity. Much like using the 2 and 3 lb sand weights for my URX workouts. Today I used 1# dumbbells for the boxing sections of Kelly's Lean Body Circuits.

Good morning,

No workout yesterday...

Valerie, it's nice that you want to adopt an older cat...there are so many in shelters that need good homes.

Diane Sue, we are very lucky that the breeders that we got our 2nd and 3rd Fox Terriers from will watch our dogs when we go away. I hope they get the answer on your car soon.

Carolyn, congratulations on completing STS!! That is surely an accomplishment. I agree on doing only R/WHIIT would be tough. I like the rotations Cathe has put out with the recent series where she mixes workouts from 2 series in one rotation.

Lori, I never heard of Lekfit....are they new bounce workouts? I have to check my DVD's for that JS one. Getting some weights and bands etc for your Florida trip and keeping them there is a good idea. You can always do a Live workout using an iPad too.

Hi to Judy....

Agility class this morning....

Take care,

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday was a rest day. It was so cold! We went to a restaurant that we've been wanting to try out, 220 Merrill:
http://220restaurant.com/
It was very nice and the food was excellent. A little too pricey to go there regularly but nice for a special occasion.

Deb-Great job with the Cathe Live workout! I never did the Firm workouts. I agree about RWH. For some reason I've never been able to get into that series enough to do a full rotation.

Valerie-I think it's great to adopt an adult kitty. As much as I enjoyed Chino and Shadow as kittens, it was quite a challenge to raise them.

Diane Sue-Great job with all the KCM workouts! I'm going to do a couple next week too. I'm really liking the pump workout in Cardio Pump. I'm trying to get up to the weight that Kelly is using in that one. Last week I did the shoulder press with 15 lb dumbbells, so maybe I can get up to 20 before the end of the year. Her ab DVD is really good. I did it regularly when it first came out. I need to pull that one out again.

Lori-yes, 2Lazy4Gym loves tough workouts. I also look at her site to see what she thinks of a workout and I was happy to see her reviews on both Jessica Smith and Linda Wooldridge. I also like to print out her breakdowns of workouts that I don't have a workout sheet for. Her site is very helpful.

Carolyn-Thanks! Congratulations on completing STS!

Have a great day!

Judy

No workout today and probably not tomorrow. We have lots of activities so it will have to wait till Monday.

Deb, enjoy agility class today. That is nice that your breeder would take care of your dogs. I have enjoyed the rotations with morethan one series too. It helps avoid boredom doing the same workouts repetitively. .

Judy, how far into Kellys workouts does the ab work go on that dvd. The restaurant sounds nice. We have a couple that we go to thatbare rather expensive so only for special occasions. Cardio Pump weights is a good one. Maybe you could add just a pound at a time with weight gloves to increase your weight. I like that my Bowflex weights have a 17.5 and 22.5 increments.

Today I did KCM’s Step Boxing, workout one. That was 32 minutes and 233 calories burned. My average heart rate was 130 and maximum heart rate 148. After that I did 15 minutes of a Jumpsport beginner workout using the bar. This one was on YouTube and was Jeff McMullen, one of the Jumpsport trainers. That was 84 calories, 113 average heart rate and 142 maximum heart rate. I didn’t do the short core/strength training segment.

Judy, great job on increasing your weights. It’s been a while since I have done a Kelly strength workout.

I never got into the Firm workouts. A friend loaned me her vhs tape (that tells you how long ago it was) and I used it a few times but never bought my own. I have looked at Tracy Long’s workouts over the years, but didn’t buy that either. After College Video went away I forgot about her. I would get many of my workout ideas from that site.

Lori, l’m not surprised that you like Lekfit. She seems to have a similar style to BBS. I am getting more confident on the trampoline and am trying different moves. I don’t really use the bar for jumping, but I set it up that way to encourage my husband to use it. It’s working! He did the same JumpSport workout that I did this morning including the strength section.

Our weather is cold and damp which makes it a good day for staying inside. I hope it’s better for some of you. Enjoy whatever day you have.

Diane Sue-here are the chapters and premixes on Kelly's Abs & Core DVD:
I usually do Kelly's Favorite Mix, but I need try some of the others.

Chapters:
Mix One - Kickboxing, Muscle Up, Circuit Burn - 33 Minutes
Mix Two - Home Gym Intervals, Muscle Definition, Weights - 32 Minutes
Kelly's Favorite Mix - Home Gym Intervals, Muscle Up, Muscle Definition - 33 Minutes
Premixes
  • Premix One - All Floor Exercises - 44 Minutes
  • Premix Two - All Standing and Plank Work - 20 Minutes
Sections
  • Kickboxing - 14 Minutes
  • Muscle Up - 10 Minutes
  • Circuit Burn - 6 Minutes
  • Home Gym Intervals - 9 Minutes
  • Muscle Definition - 10 Minutes
  • Weights - 11 Minutes

Reactions: WD
Good afternoon ladies,

This morning I did FT Total Body followed up with a Lekfit bounce workout. Total time was 90 mins. We then left have snow tires put on our cars. Ugh...such a depressing thought. :(

Carolyn...congrats on finishing STS!!! Such an accomplishment! Glad you are enjoying your jumpsport and that is awesome your husband is using it!

Diane Sue...My husband is faithful about getting his flu shot every year. Me not so faithfull. I always mean to go but some years never get there. I can see how the wrestling would take most the day. Your grandson is happy you are there. :)

Valerie...great you were able to bike today. My husband went for a while but it was too cold for me. I am not ready for the cold. The older I get the more I hate it.

Judy...never thought to check her site for the breakdowns. Makes sense as she provides a complete breakdown for all her reviews. She is so detailed. I can’t imagine what her library of workouts look like! Glad you enjoyed your evening out. The menu looked great.

Deb...I guess Lekfit has been around for a couple of years. I only heard of her recently from VF. Like Carolyn mentioned, her style is similar to BBS and she has quite the collection of Bounce workouts. I knew I would love her. Going to try her for a month and decide if I want to continue. I only owned 1 Firm tape. They were so expensive back in the day that was all I could afford!

Have a great evening all!

we did a hike this morning before the rain moves in for the next long stretch. 3.5 hours RT. probably 6-7miles . nothing steep. this is a old road we used to xc ski. it was closed many years ago. we've gone up parts with a chain saw and cleared blow downs and debris before but surprise. someone else has cleared it more completely. it really is a trail now but they did a great job with the debris. we can't figure out what kind of machine was used because the access is blocked by a locking gate and a big pile of boulders so the 4 wheel idiots don't go in and tear things up. but someone cleared it very nicely, nice enough so when there is snow, it should be fine to ski. we used to be able to drive up to the snow line but since it was gated, we have to start at the road and that often makes it too long. we went for 2 hours this morning and never got near the snow line. but it was a nice walk and a good workout.

judy that looked like a nice restaurant. I will eat chicken, fish, or vegies so usually my choices are limited to a few things. our kitties were all adults when we got them. one ended up in our yard after 4th of july one year, and she stayed. the next guy I adopted when he was 11 but could not get along with other cats so maybe we were his last chance. he was the most fantastic cat! then next, our last kitty, we got when he was 1-2 from a shelter. he was very different from the previous kitty but we got very attached to him. I did right away, DH took a while but he did too. so I would not say no to a kitten, but they are more easily adoptable and I have had good luck with adults. so will look for that first.

the older I get the less I can handle heat. Lori you could not drag me to florida for anything. I can't imagine WHY anyone would do Hot yoga. my functional level drops like a stone as the temp rises. I dress for cool and do much better overall in cool weather.

tomorrow I will go back to ICE and start working thru it. I have hiked, and ridden so my wound is good to go.

Carolyn, that is great that your husband is using the Jump Sport too. One of the women that I did daycare for loaned me the 2nd Firm workout and I used it for awhile and liked it. After that I started purchasing them. Then when they seemed to change, I think after about 8 dvds they just were not the same. Mine were all VHS and around 50 dollars each. They were some of my early introduction to heavier weights. I did the Firm check ins for a long time.

Judy, thanks for the breakdown of the Kelly Abs workout. I think that I would like that one. It has a good selection and options using her abs workouts.

Lori, the last two years my husband and I went together to get the flu shots. If left up to him, he would probably not do it. It is a bit hard to watch when it is one of your own family members getting hurt. He won 3 of the matches and was 1 point from a fourth. I am surprised as that first one flipped him up and he landed hard on his head. It really hurt his back and neck. They were checking him out. I gave him some Advil. We had to leave earlier than we normally would have as my 6 year old grandson was getting tired of sitting there. We talked to him tonight and his neck was hurting pretty bad. He was putting ice on it.

Valerie, that is nice that someone else cleared the path well. 2 hours would be a nice workout. I can understand not getting a kitten.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.