Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 11/5

Good evening ladies,

This morning was 2 BBS cardio dances...42 mins. This was my only workout. I did one as is and the other on the rebounder for fun. I enjoyed them both.

Deb...no you did not upset me at all. We do miss him though. So far I am enjoying the FT Rotation. When it is over in a couple of weeks I will be ready to move on. I think a 30 day rotation is perfect for me as long as I can add in my own choices throughout. I agree with Judy and think you will like the new JS set coming out next week. If you sign on to her site and register your email you will get a discount code I believe when they are ready for purchase. She does this for her email list.

Judy...I am looking forward to JS’ new series. I agree it looks great! I have really learned to like her. I always thought she was more beginner and have been pleasantly surprised that she can be tough. I like you can make her workouts work for you regardless of your level. Nice Chris’ family are close. When I come back from Florida I am going to start with the Gym Style workouts until Cathe’s new ones come out.

Carolyn...did you like the jumpsport? LEKfit looks fun and right up my ally. Her bounce classes seem to alternate between bouncing and sculpting so it is not all bouncing for 50 mins. I have been previewing and plan to do a couple over the weekend. I do not think they are something you would want to start off with. She is very dancy and reminds me of BBS. I think you would like the SB dvd. She has a much gentle bounce with some bar thrown in. I would highly recommend Bellicon’s streaming site. They have a lot of videos that vary in intensity and length. When I do what I call a health bounce it usually is from the Bellicon Site. Then when I want to ramp it up a bit I can always find something. They have a ton of videos. 17 year old TV! That is amazing. You all know I love my streaming and digital downloads!

Diane Sue...I am like you with improvising on the rebounder. I can quickly go into a similar move and still feel like I am doing the workout. No way would I jump on and off! Good for you!!! I am so sorry about your car. How fustrating! I know exactly what you mean about driving a car you are not familiar with. My husband’s car is like that. I needed to drive it the other day and I could not adjust the temp or find the defrosters. I did eventually figure it out but it was a challenge. I have never done a tracie long workout.

Valerie...I much prefer my beer from a glass. I do not have beer very often, but need a glass and it is usually is in the summer when I enjoy it the most. Formal tables are a lot of work but my husband enjoys it. Good workout even though it was inside. I must have missed they will be staying for 2-3 days. Sounds like you will have a great time! Beer and all!

Received some good news today from Madeline. Her most recent PET Scan shows no new growth and the activity of the existing tumors have decreased in some by 50%. So the new Chemo pill is working! This is crazy but we will take it. Last September we all thought she was never going to make it to Christmas. 2.5 years ago she was diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer that metastasized to her spine and hip. They gave her less than a year. She has put on 10lbs since the last time I saw her so looking forward to seeing her soon. Deb, I am praying your friend has the same results. Please let her know their is hope!

Have a great night all!

Good morning,

Yesterday I did KCM Muscle Up workout #1. For some reason, it would not show up in MFP when I entered it. It is in my log, but will not show in the news feed. Strange.

Judy, good for you for sticking with that floor work in Gym Style Legs. It is so hard, especially the ball work, that I always do the premix without it. I agree on the 2 pets....that is partly why we have 2 dogs.

Valerie, 308 calories for 30 minutes is pretty good. :). Will you be taking your kitty to Montana when you stay there for an extended time?

Carolyn, it sounds like you are enjoying your JS! :). Is the new JS a series, with a lot of DVD's? I went over to her FB page but had a hard time discerning which was the new ones, etc. Is it Walk Strong 3? I see there is a Walk Strong 2..

Diane Sue, all these new things today with car keys are mind boggling...thanks for getting into KCM again...made me want to do one yesterday. I like Muscle Up, it is perfect for doing heavy weight work, as her sets are only 8 reps. I still go to the library all the time, even though I use their E-book system too.

Lori, that is great news about Madeline! I hope my friend gets some good news soon. I would probably like the JS workouts, but if it is the series that is showing up, not sure I want something with 20 workouts...:)...with the new Cathe's coming, and the new KCM's....I will have plenty to try to get through. Also, Google Tech people helped me fix the issue with my Chromecast yesterday, so now I can play the older Cathe Live workouts again...(yay!)....so will be going back to those hopefully...so many workouts to choose from..LOL...

Take care,

Lori that is great news for Madeliene. I am also uncomfortable with mybhusbands car. Goingbfrom my tinybSpark to the Lincoln has such a different feel. One nice thing is once I set thevseat for me it stays. I still have not figured out the button though to set itvto peranantly go to that position the first time I get in. I have no clue how tonset the temp. Itvis automatically set at 69 for both sides. If it comes to defrosting I will have to work on it.
I used to like Tracey Long on those early Firm workouts. I previewed this one and there are separate sections that can be done and a portion that is some postural work and thoracic work. Also interesting weight cardio combos.

Deb, I look in my workout logs and the workouts are there , but don't show up if I have not done them in quite awhile. I think somewhere they have changed things. It is quite annoying. That was one of the things I enjoyed about MFP is th a t it remembered mybusual foods and amounts and the exercises entered. I like the 8 reps on Muscle Up too. It is easier to go heavier.

Good Morning Everyone,

Deb-The new JS series is Walk Strong 3. There are so many new workouts coming out now. I hope your friend gets some good news soon too.

Lori-That is such great news about Madeline. I agree about JS. I've tended to look at her workouts as easier, but she can be quite tough. I also like that her workouts can work for any level. I will be ordering this series too.

Diane Sue-I agree with Deb, thanks for getting into the KCM workouts. It makes me want to do them too. I have a few that I haven't done yet and I plan on getting them in before her new series arrives. I should do one today.

Carolyn-I remember earlier this year JS was asking people on her facebook page about what they wanted to see in her new series. She got some requests for heavier weight workouts and more metabolic workouts as I recall.

Hi to Valerie!

Judy

Today was D 35 Plyo Legs. My time was 55 minutes and 356 calories burned. Average heart rate was 128 and maximum heart rate 158. I plan to do a short beginner Jumpsport workout later today.

Judy, it looks like Jessica really added these suggestions into this new program. I like the versatility of her workouts.

Deb, as Judy mentioned, Jessica’s new series is Walk Strong 3. I received an email from her today talking about the new series which will be released on November 15. She will send a discount code to members of her email list on that day. It is 20 workouts, but not 20 dvds. She has more than one workout on each dvd. From what I read on her Facebook page most are 30 minutes. She will also have one that is 15 minutes (or more, not sure about this).

Deb, I saw on the other thread that your streaming problem is finally resolved. That’s wonderful.

Lori, I love the Jumpsport! I am looking forward to using it more. My husband tried it and he likes it too. When it’s out we get on for a few minutes at a time. I know I will like the SB Bounce workouts and I have found a few on YouTube that I want to try. I’m treating this week as an introductory week as I finish up STS.

Diane Sue, I hate driving an unfamiliar vehicle. I avoid driving my husband’s truck unless absolutely necessary. I don’t jump up on the step, so I know I won’t do it on the trampoline!! I substitute a step up with a lift for jumps on the step.

Hello to Valerie.

Last edited:
Today I did Tracey Long Long and Strong vol.2 , 52 minutes, 249 calories, heart rate 110 average, 153 max. I loved the warm up part of this and thoracic work at the end The rest was good and she is a good instructor. She seems to take her time explaining as she does the work. The warm up had some different types of flexibility work that I have not used before. Even the pidgeon pose has some pulses in it to get a bit more flexibity out of it. I used weights from 10-25# on this depending on what the moves were. I wanted more weight work so I did Kelly Coffey Muscle Definition workout #2, 42 minutes, 162 calories, (my Map My Fitness app had me at 270. I am thinking it should have been somewhere in between) When I printed up the Muscle Definition worksheets I thought all those pages were the whole workout. It appears to be the full workout, workout 1, workout 2 and the premix workouts for upper body. That makes more sense and I am glad I have all of those work sheets printed up. Total time today was 94 minutes, 411 calories. The time should have been a few minutes less than that. Most workouts take me a bit longer.
Tracey's workouts had a lot of compound moves with 1 sided weight moves and moves like the snatch with 4 jumps. Hard to put it all down and since it is a library loan I didn't bother.
weights
scare crow and upright row 10# dbs 8 reps both moves
dumbbell press with reverse lunge 8 per side 10# dbs
wide deadlift and squat ups 20# dbs 8 reps
repeat scare crow and upright row and dumbbell reverse lunge with same reps and weight
biceps
static curl into long curl 16 reps 8 alternate 8 both 15# dbs
hammer curl 8 reps per side 15's
weighted leg lift to the front 8 reps per side 15# db
repeat static curl/ long curl and hammer curls same weight and reps
back
single row rotation 16 reps per side 15#
plie with rows 16 reps 15# dbs
repeat single row/rotation and plie with rows same weights and reps
Triceps
cross extension and skull crusher 15# db 16 total reps 8 cross 8 skull crusher single arem
seated pulse back 12# dbs straight arms back pulses 8 reps
repeat cross extension and skull crushers
(work sheet says pulse back ) Kelly does a seated leg lift hear and I could have used ankle weights
chest
angle flys /flys 12# dbs 16 reps total 8 angle 8 regular
dumbbell rotations 12# dbs 8 16 reps
hamstring and glute bridge work
rpeat angle flys/flys and dumbbell rotations same weights

Judy, I guess that I have just not tried the right Jessica Smith workouts. I looked at the rest of the one I did on the rebounder yesterday and decided not to try it. The strength was all band work as was the healthy back. I did not see anything new there and so lost interest quickly. The only other workout of hers that I think I tried was a step workout with the name of a state on it?? I did one other that may have been hers on YouTube that was a cardio Barre workout. I got bored and quit. I am not sure if it was hers or not. What I have done seem like they would be good when I need a break from heavy harder workouts. I think on Kellys Muscle definition I have mostly always used the full thing with all workouts and abs. There are a few times I have used an individual body part or the abs. I am checking out a few more of the premixes this time through.

Carolyn, the Jump Sport and Bellicon are taller than the Urban Rebounder which is 10 inches from the floor. I jump onto my Step. Sometimes if I think it is excessive like jumping on and off a lot, I jump on and step off. It seems odd to me that I used to read that jumping off of things onto a hard surface was really bad for the body. I also at times lower the step height. Others I modify a step and hop or something. It really depends on how hard I have been working. I don't think lifting heavy for the legs and then turning around the next day and doing Plyyometrics and Jumping on and off the step as a good idea. A little goes a long way and requires adequate recovery which as we get older requires more time. The rebounder has some give when jumping onto it, but it takes adjustment to catch your balance when landing. I have one of the URX workouts that I find myself moving more slowly and carefully and not always jumping as they jump off, do a turn jump and jump back on and speed it up. I could never keep up!!

Diane Sue, I have the JS Walk Strong dvds, but I rarely do them. Those seem too easy and I find them boring. I use the 30 Day Plan workouts, usually 3 Weight Loss Walks or 5 Day Fat Burn.

Good evening ladies,

This morning was a bellicon dance workout, 30 mins and tonight was FT Bootcamp.

Deb...I have muscle up and only did it once. Not sure why I never pick a KCM workout. I know what you mean with workouts. All of a sudden a bunch are coming out! I most likely will get the new JS series. :)

Caroyln...i think I feel the same way about the walk strong series. After previewing when I got them they are never any I choose to do. Will be trying them eventually on the rebounder. So I may change my mind. I do like some of the same ones you have done though. I love the 20 min arms from one of her 10 pounds down dvds and have done this a few times. I also have been following 2lazy4gym’s reviews on a bunch of JS’s youtube workouts and have grabbed a few. Smart to start off slow with the JS. Sometimes I just feestyle lightly while talking to my husband. It may be just 5 mins but it gets things pumping! Great job pn STS! The end is near!!!!

Diane Sue...I think you may have not found a good JS yet. I used to think she was way too easy for me and always passed her over. I changed my mind after the 20 min arm workout. It is a high rep low weight workout but always exhausts my arms. That is when I started looking for her more challenging workouts. Great workouts today. Is Tracey from the Firm?

Hi to Valerie!

Have a great night all!

Deb....I just read you were finally able to get the Live working correctly!! Yeah great news!!! Tomorrows workout sounds fun!

Good morning,

No workout yesterday. I took my friend for her treatment, then had a webinar call about health care for 2018. I did take Kylee to agility class so that will count as my workout.

Diane Sue, I can understand how you would not be comfortable driving your husband's car. Such a big difference in size. We don't have that problem here as we have the identical car. :). I never had this problem on MFP before. Very strange. Unless this is how they are encouraging people to use their app instead of their web site. Not sure why they would do that though. I really liked Tracey Long when she did the Firm videos. I previewed and did not like one of the workouts she put out soon after the Firm closed down....not sure which one it was though.

Judy, Thanks for the good thoughts. I did look at Walk Strong 3...it looks like it will be a great series. I think I will pass for now, with the new KCM and Cathe's new workouts probably going to be here by the first of the year.

Carolyn, well we know what you will be doing after STS is complete! Getting a new piece of exercise equipment is always exciting.

Lori, sometimes I am confused...when you say "JS"...whether you and Carolyn are referring to Jessica Smith or JumpSport? I like Jessica Smith in general....I have always done her YouTube videos. I need to try that one you mentioned that is the arm one....is that on YouTube? If so, can you let me know what the name is? Yes, finally got the Live to work....I want to try the Live FT workouts too.

Wave to Valerie...

Take care,

Deb, I got so many mailings and notices for healthcare and medicare information after I had already done my research and signed up. It might have helped me and not taken so many hours of trying to understand had I had that at the start. I guess doing it before healthcare's yearly sign up made a difference. I remember checking out some Tracey Long after the Firm and they were more functional fitness and not what I was wanting. I tried one or two then gave up. The long and strong was way better than those. Still not the enjoyment of the Firm workouts though. She seems rather serious on this one.

Today I did Low Impact Step for 38 minutes and 264 calories burned. Average heart rate was 129 and maximum heart rate 143. Yesterday I spent about 10 minutes on the trampoline just doing freestyle jumping. It doesn’t take much to get the heart rate up!

Diane Sue, I agree with allowing time for recovery with plyometric and HiiT exercises. I try to choose less intense workouts to balance. That was a problem for me when I tried an all RWH rotation. I was wiped out after two weeks. We get those Medicare flyers, post cards, and phone calls every year during Medicare open enrollment. It doesn’t end after you sign up.

Hello to everyone and have a great day.

Today was cardio. I did Kelly Coffey Cardio Sculpt Fitness, cardio and abs mix, 42 minutes, 132 average heart rate, 175 max, 278 calories, 3,034 steps. I then did Kelly's Bootcamp cardio only premix skipping the warm up, 26 minutes, heart rate 144 average, 167 max, 2,558 steps. I finished off with the Tracey Long, Longer Stronger vol 2 , warm up (hip mobility and hip flexor mobility), thoracic, and stretch segments. I really like this. I am tempted to buy the workout just for those segments if it doesn't cost too much. This was 17 minutes, 38 calories. Total steps this morning were 6,247. Total time 68 minutes, 488 calories.

Carolyn, I used to think that the rebounder was sort of a way of cheating and wouldn't do as much. I was so pleased and surprised when I got mine. I did a Ripped with Hiit rotation and it was pretty hard on the joints. Not enough down time from those plyometric moves. I was soon subbing low impact here and there and using the weights only for the legs part of the time. I feel like it is a bunch of vultures trying to pick at the medicare people to get them to spend their money with them. Although from what I understand medical providers are not so pleased with what they get out of it. That is why some refuse medicare patients. It seems I am throwing medicare flyers and mailings away daily.

seems like a long time ago but only 2 days. all done with guests. things went OK but 2 days is enough. no workouts. we walked a bit, nothing that strenuous. my stitches are out. didn't see the doc. she was in surgery that ran long so will see her today at a closer office for a few minutes. her assistant told me it had healed nicely and looked great. scar is pretty obvious but should fade over time and visible only with shorts on. it is about the level of where bicycle shorts end.
Lori, I like a good beer, like craft beer or ale, especially after a hike or ride in summer. half the flavor comes from the aroma and you can't smell it in a bottle or can. plus it LOOKS so pretty with the nice brown colors and foam. rest of family here drink Bud light which is about as interesting as dishwater to me.

Deb, if we get another kitty, we want to be able to travel with him. otherwise going away for 2 weeks is too long. if we took him to MT we could leave him inside there while we explore the area and it would not amount to too much time alone. I never had good luck with kitties in 'kennels". was expensive and nobody was happy! we have limited trips to a week or at most 10 days because we get guilty if we left a kitty alone longer than that.

In my experience here, most clinics or doctors will not take people on "plain Medicare". the reimbursement for them is too low. here, you need a supplement or it is hard to find someone to take you. I use United with the small amount deducted automatically from my SS amount. this kind of thing varies by the state though so you need to read carefully and make sure the people/clinics you want to use accept whatever supplemental plan before you decide.
I had major issues switching from my old Forester to the newer Outback. I never could get the seatbelts right in the Outback as a driver. by the time I got close enough to reach gas & brake the seatbelt was so far behind me... I could barely reach it. the passenger seat was so low I could hardly see out, but the drivers seat raised and lowered. all the controls are similar but not the same and in different spots so you "automatically" reach for things that are moved elsewhere.

doing some kind of metabolic workout this afternoon after doctor appt. will be nice to do something else than elliptical.

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did KCM Bootcamp Combined Premix, then Cardio Pump Shoulders and Arms Premix, and Ab Hits-Medicine Ball Abs. Today I did X10 Fat Burning Circuit, Gym Style-Triceps only and a Yoga Relax Premix. That was my first time trying X10. What a great workout! I had to pause it a couple of times just to catch my breath! I want to try the X77 premix sometime. Maybe a goal for next year :)
Tomorrow is our 10th anniversary. Chris has the day off work so we'll probably go out to eat and spend the day together.

Deb-I don't blame you for passing on Walk Strong 3, with the KCM and Cathe workouts coming out.

Carolyn-I'm glad you like the Jumpsport!

Diane Sue-I didn't try Jessica's workouts until last year. Some of her older workouts, from the 10 lbs down series, and 10 minute solutions are more challenging than her more recent ones. I agree with Carolyn, some of the Walk Strong workouts are a little boring.

Lori-I was looking at 2lazy4gym’s reviews on JS youtube workouts. I might have to try some of these. They look pretty good.

Valerie- The first time we boarded Chino and Shadow we used a regular pet boarding kennel and you are right, no one was happy. It wasn't very nice and we felt so guilty for leaving them there. After that we found our current vet/boarding service. It's a cat only vet and we feel more comfortable boarding them there.

Have a good night!

Judy

My husband went to the dealership to check on how my car was coming. They had not filed any paperwork on it and had to go find the car. They had done nothing in these 8 days. He was angry. He told them they also promised a loner car and how incompetent that they were. They called me a few minutes afterward and told me they had a loner car for me. I did not know all of what had happened then as I asked them ow the repair was going. They just said that the one guy had some ideas and so and so was going to take the project of finding the problem. Anyway, they loaned me a brand new Chevy Malibu with 17 miles on it. We will see how this goes now. I get emails and texts from Chevy wanting to know how satisfied I am with the service. I have avoided answering while waiting for the outcome. I can see where they would take advantage of women with repairs :(

Valerie, I have found quite often with vehicles that I need something to raise me up a bit so I don't feel like I am peering over the dash. I usually have the seat way forward. Even my granddaughter's VW bug seemed like the seat was too low. Otherwise it drove well. I was not really uncomfortable with the loaner today other than I have never had a car that started without a key and used just a button. I feel a little nervous driving around a brand new loaner. I have to take my grandson to school and pick him up tomorrow and the start of next week. I needed to have a car. My daughter boarded one of her dogs once with a place that you can pay for extra play time, which she did, and it was supposed to have a home like environment. She never left another dog in a boarding place. Her dog came home acting odd for quite some time. Maybe it was because she felt abandoned or something. After that is was usually me that kept her dog. Now she just has someone come out and stay at their house because someone has to feed the chickens and take care of watering the cows etc., as well as the two dogs. If you get another cat I would think just getting it used to travelling would be fine.

Judy, you got in some nice workouts. I really like the X10 workouts. The whole X77 is a real challenge :) The Jessica Smith I did was Walk On 5 day Fat burn or something like that. I guess maybe I should explore a bit more. I think I probably got more out of it with the rebounder because I was bouncing and jumping a bit while doing it. Some high knees stuff as well.

Lori, I will check out Jessica Smith a bit more. Tracey Long was on the earlier Firm workouts. She now has her own Fitness Studios and website where you can purchase or sign up for workouts etc. I looked around today for some of her dvds on Total Fitness and Amazon and neither one had any. I did see on her website that she had a couple of the old Firms on dvd for 16.95 along with some other dvds. Tracey Long Longer and Stronger and then also the Volume 2 which I borrowed from the library. It is a good workout. If I had it, I know I would use it.

Last edited:
I did 41 min on the spin bike. not full bore, but good enough for a serious warm up and it went fine. then 100 knee push ups and HP abs. we hope to road ride tomorrow but weather dependent.

Judy we boarded our previous cat,, and he was so ticked off, he bit me! He was a smart cat and no doubt in my mind it was because I took him somewhere to board him, and left him at home alone after that. it worked better for everyone and didn't cost a bunch besides. still not sure what we will do.

Good morning,

Yesterday I did Cathe Live Phat 2...45 minutes, 225 calories.

Diane Sue, I remember loving the FIRM workouts....the original 6 were the best! I remember they were $50 each, (one workout, no premixes etc)...and you had to send the $$ in advance, like the current presales. I still have them. That's horrible about your car and the service from that dealership. :(. I would be replying very negatively to any survey that came from the car company. That is the only way they find out how the dealerships are doing.

Carolyn, good workouts. I don't remember RWHIIT being so exhausting....but I know they are really tough workouts. I probably never did a complete rotation of just those. I know I would not have done any plyometric stuff.

Valerie, great that your stitches are out and everything looks good. Probably a good thing if you get a new kitty to get a kitten and start right away with riding in the car in a carrier. I don't know much about cats, but the same would apply with a new dog, if you plan on taking long car trips. I don't know anyone that has Medicare without a supplement.

Judy, those X10 workouts are really tough. I remember when they first came out, all the scuttlebutt here regarding X77.

Hi to Lori,

Take care,

diane sue that is unforgiveable at the car dealer. 8 days and nothing? what total jerks. of course for a car that does not want to start, going to another dealership is chancy. hope you DH ripped them a new one! a car is a big investment. seems clear they don't know what to do with the problem. I think car design is more sensitive to women than it used to be, but small short people are still at disadvantage. when we bought the outback in 2013 we both drove it, but I ended up being the passenger most of the time and the passenger seat was way less adjustable. Out here, a big percentage of the car dealer customer service people are women. makes it a little less intimidating for female customers.

Deb, if we go ahead, I think we will get an adult kitty, preferably a younger adult. so many cats, and so few people who want them. kittens can be a headache, and I like seeing the grown up personality of an adult.
yes, everyone as far as I know has to subscribe to a medicare supplement.

all Okay with the leg. it is a pretty big ugly scar at this point but there is no discomfort. I am holding off on squats at this point. lunges should be fine. I did the spin sitting and standing but did not raise the tension as much as usual, and didn't go as fast. still a decent workout and feels good to be back at it.

Today I did Kelly's Lean Body Circuits workout #1, 32 minutes, 125 average hr, max 152,1,933 steps, 226 calories. I then did Kelly's Muscle Definition workout # 1 , 49 minutes, 189 calories, 548 steps. Total time 78 minutes, 415 calories.
lean body circuits each rnd has a cardio and a boxing segment then weights doing two body parts 4 rounds. Kelly uses 20's Iused 20's for all but the shoulders which I used 15's for
Muscle Definition
front raise , pull back 8# dbs, 16 reps; single bent over lateral raise 8# dbs 16 reps r
knee raise lunge 15# dbs 8 reps
repeat front raise pull back and I switched to 10's for the weight
power hammer squats 15# dbs 16 reps ; concentration curls 15# 16 reps each (8 full, 8 3/4) repeat both moves same weight
overhead dumbbell pull down 12# db 8 reps each arm 2x , single pulse rows 15 dbs 16 reps
single leg deadlift squat using step 15# dbs 8,8,8 reps (8 single leg, 8 dbl, 8 single ) repeat overhead dumbbell pulldown and single pulse rows
Triceps dips and reach no weight 24 reps, 90 degree rotation extension 15# db 8/8 reps, legs & abs- seated tucks and adductors no weight.
Repeat dips and 90 degree rotation extension
wide bench press 15# dbs 8 reps , alternating press 15# dbs 8 reps hamstring glutes bridges 15# dbs repeat wide press and and alternating bench press. (Wide press is a wide press to a fly )

Valerie, I really can't blame our pets feeling upset about being abandoned to a strange place. I guess that means they like their homes :)
The woman working at that car dealership is the least helpful. I had to explain everything to her all over and she kept wanting to fill out new paperwork. I finally got her to understand that that was the fourth time I had been there, I had an appointment, and the information should be in their system. She was the same way when my husband went in, she knew nothing. I think my husband really jumped on them for their incompetence. I really have no confidence in them and if it were not under warranty I would take it to the auto repair place we have used for our other vehicles. I don't think that you are required to get a medicare supplement. You have to get a prescription plan though or you get charged penalties as time goes by without one. My Aunt only has medicare. She dropped her prescription plan which is kind of a risk imo as if she wants to get it again she will have to pay the penalties. Without a supplement or advantage program you will have to pay a lot more out of pocket. I prefer having the supplement to make up the difference. Anyway that was my understanding. I am sure the doctors would be much happier if you have the supplement.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.