1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 tsp orange peel (I leave this out)
Brown sugar topping
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup quick cooking oats
1 Tablespoon butter softened
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare brown sugar topping. Spray pie plate with non stick cooking spray. 10 inch pie plate.
Place remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor in the order listed. Blend till smooth. Pour into pie plate. Sprinkle with topping. Bake 50-55 minutes or till knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes. Refrigerate 4 hours or till chilled. Makes 8 servings
185 calorie
protein 6 gm
carbohydrates 36 gm
fat 2 gm
fat unsaturated 1 gm
saturated 1 gm
dietary fiber 1 gm
cholesterol 2 mg
sodium 160
potassium 320

Diane Sue, that pie recipe looks good. The one that I made has a streusel topping too, but it’s a ginger streusel with minced crystallized ginger. It also has fresh ginger in the crust. It’s my once or twice a year indulgence.

Hi Everyone,

My active rest week ended up being 5 days, but that was ok. I really felt like getting back to normal workouts so Wednesday I did Fit Split Pull Day, weights only, yesterday I did Fit Split Push Day, weights only and today I did an indoor ride. I hadn't done the Fit Split weight workouts before and I really liked them. I went heavier with the weight and I can really feel it today. We didn't do anything special for Thanksgiving. Chris is watching his diet due to his stomach issues so it was just a normal eating day for us. We stayed home today. It was relaxing to just be at home and not having to travel anywhere. We are supposed to get a snow storm starting Sunday night. So far it looks like the worst will be north of us but that could change so I’m keeping an eye on the forecast.

Deb- This was one Thanksgiving that we really didn't eat too much but I'm sure we'll make up for it on Christmas.

Valerie-I had to throw out some salad this week. I should pick up some spinach tomorrow.

Carolyn-Great job with the ICE workout this morning! German Chocolate cake sounds really good!

Diane Sue-Nice job with Muscle Definition. That full body premix is a tough one! The pie recipe looks good.

Hi to Lori!

Judy

Please post the pumpkin pie recipe. I have one I always use that's very good. I always make in a crust. not sure how to proceed without one. mine uses a can of evaporated milk, nonfat or full fat. I can't tell much difference. I can't taste stevia at all, so would stick with sugar.
my problem was I ate several scoops of brie /apple slices, plus a big glass of chardonnay, and was not very hungry for the main dinner. I liked the turkey, salad, and a cranberry relish that was new. when I am cooking I get all tied up with cooking and serving, and don't eat much. Our guests brought the brie and wine, that is what tasted so darn good. at 2 am, I was hungry.
I won't waste calories on anything that's not GOOD.

I did 20 min on the treadmill and MM biceps. I'm trying to get back to doing treadmill because it seems to help with tolerating some impact. a little at a time.

Good morning,

PT exercises only yesterday.

Carolyn, good job with the ICE workout. It's ok to eat all the carbs on Thanksgiving, they don't count! I really like red and/or green leaf lettuce, but sometimes forget its there and just pick up hearts of romaine. I like those because I like salad chopped and it's easy to do with them.

Valerie, wow, 23 points does not sound like it would equal enough food for a day. A slice of German Chocolate Cake is worth a days worth of points? YIKES!

Diane Sue, the KCM total body combined workout you did yesterday sounds great. I may look at that tomorrow. I can't believe your bad luck lately with things breaking. It's like we go from one thing to another. I am starting to think we should look for a new refrigerator while ours is still working. It's 20 years old. How is the roof repair holding up? I get my B-Complex from a site that was recommended by the NG's when I consulted with them for my gastric issues. It's called Wellavate, and the B-complex is much less expensive than Mercola. The crust is my favorite part of the pie! They could cut the filling in half for me and I would still enjoy it.

Judy, an outdoor ride? Wow, that's great. :) Has Chris identified items that trigger his problem? After all the trial & error with food etc, I think my real issue is not chewing enough and eating too fast. I found that I can eat certain foods at times with no issues, then the next time I eat the exact same thing, I end up with heartburn. I don't think its the food at all, but how I eat it, which leads to digestive issues.

Lori, hope your trip home was uneventful. I bet Gigi was glad to see you!

Take care,

Deb-Thanks! It was an indoor ride. It was a little too cold outside for me. Maybe if it warms back up to the high 40's I might try riding outside. Chris loves Italian food. He would eat pasta almost every day. He also was on a calzone kick for a while and was eating those several times a week. He gave both up a few weeks ago. I also think he may have been eating too fast and just too much at one time. I’m trying to help him make better decisions about what and how much to eat. He is doing pretty well and I think he might have lost a little weight too. He could probably lose 10-15 lbs so that’s good.

diane sue, thanks for the recipe. I'll run a points check. it's similar to the one I use. mine uses 2 eggs ( or egg substitute) and individual spices rather than pumpkin pie spice.
mostly I wanted to see how to bake crustless. DH loves pumpkin pie. without the crust (he) we could have it more often. it would be easy to scoop a small serving.
Deb the new WW program has hundreds of zero points foods. Less tracking ( typing) since no need to enter "free" foods. . that's a complaint I used to have, too much typing.
not losing, just staying the same. need to reassess. I have been sitting more. winter weather, easier to sit indoors on my butt. my metabolism does not cut me any slack.

I don't like romaine by itself. I really like baby leaf salad blends. they won't be around until growers get new crops. or lettuce from another location. I like kale and arugula but DH does not.

wow a 20 yr old refrigerator... lucky you. mostly what fits into the space you have. I love French doors but won't fit. we got a french door for our other house. the refrigerator part is better because its wide, but the freezer on the bottom is hard to find things.

Judy outdoor riding is fine if you dress right. we each have a Patagonia hoodie. fits smoothly under a helmet.
https://www.patagonia.com/product/womens-capilene-thermal-weight-zip-neck-hoody/43672.html?dwvar_43672_color=BLK&cgid=root#q=womens+baselayer+hoodie&lang=en_US&start=1

the neck zips high, covers ears, helmet fits over. it is the most used piece of clothing we own. expensive for what it looks like, but worth it. DH got one, wore it so much we got a second one on sale for much less. helmet, ear cover, sunglasses all need to fit together or its very uncomfortable. tried hats, ear bands, muffs. hoodie is the best. capilene not wool. a lot of push for wool these days but I can't wear wool next to my skin.
I quit outdoor if raining or ice. mt biking is fine with a patchy snow but not road biking.

Last edited:
This morning I did Low Impact Sweat for 47 minutes and 320 calories burned. My average heart rate was 132 and maximum heart rate was 156. My daughter and her family left this morning and I am trying to put the house back together. I’m sending half a cake away this afternoon with my husband to his “old guys” get together. I don’t want any of the desserts left here!

I hope the link works for the pie recipe. Have a nice day everyone.

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Cardio Crush, 33 minutes, heart rate average 139, max 174, 2,084 steps, met 5.9. I then did Kelly Coffey Cardio Kick Step Boxing horizontal mis, 40 minutes, heart rate average 141, max 176, 265 calories, met 6.0, 3,338 steps. Total time 73 minutes, 480 calories, 5,422 steps.
I ended up busy again. We purchased a new dryer that will be delivered Tuesday morning. It is a large capacity dryer, but without so many extras. I find I really do not use the extras. 3 temps is just fine for me. Then we went to our church to fix a leaky faucet in the women's restroom off of the gym. We bought new stem units and it still leaked and was so corroded that we went back out and bought a new faucet. We had to look for as close of a match to the other faucet as possible since they did not have that one. This all took up the whole afternoon. I had planned on cleaning up acorns and leaves since it got up to 70 today , but did not get it done. The high tomorrow is supposed to be in the 40's.

Carolyn, I love crystalized ginger and that sounds really good in a pie. I don't think my husband would care for it though. Maybe I will have to try using some for my own personal pie ;) That recipe looks yummy. I would use all butter in the crust though. I am always happy when I get to enjoy the desserts and then they leave the house. As it is, I paid with a lot of inflammation and pain after all of the indulgences on Thanksgiving. My pain was so bad in my neck and shoulders yesterday. I ended up mixing up a tablespoon of grated ginger with a couple of teaspoons of organic tumeric , lime juice, cinnamon, hot water and honey and drinking it last night with 1 Advil before I went to bed. It was so much better when I got up this morning.

Debbie, so far the roof repair seems to be doing fine. Each time they suggest rain coming I prepare for it and have not had anything leak. The only thing is, it has been snow and drizzly rain. Nothing really hard or with wind. That will be the true test. I checked the appliance parts pro place for the control panel for the dryer and it was even more than sears at a little over 300 dollars and out of stock. Sears said they couldn't ship till Dec 26. We decided it would be a waste on a dryer that old. Crust is my favorite part of the pie too. I was complaining because my crust had shrunk some into the pie plate even though I weighted it down. I mentioned making more crust and cutting decorative pieces for around the edge and my husband commented that he would just pick it off as he doesn't really care for the crust. To me that IS the best part. I found a great butter crust recipe that came out really flaky. I baked a couple of pieces and sprinkled them with cinnamon and ate them. My mother used to do that for us as children when she would trim the crust and we would eat it. I will check out that link for the vitamin B complex. The one I am using is powdered inside a capsule. No problem with them dissolving and no stomach upset like a lot of them cause me. I did look today and they are Thorne.

Judy, Iove Italian food too, but a little bit goes a long way. It can really bother my digestion. Large meals or just something like drinking too much liquid can cause me to have indigestion. I had reflux on Thanksgiving and I know it was eating too much of the wrong things. I often wonder why we do that to ourselves.

Valerie, I often add extra cinnamon or separate spices to my pumpkin pie. If I have pumpkin pie spice though it is quick and easy.

I did Cardio Supersets today, about 45 min total with the cooldown and stretch.it makes good use of slider disks.

diane sue my grandmother and mother used to do that with pie crust, bake separate pieces with sugar and cinnamon. I like pie crust if its a good one. the prepackaged bought ones aren't worth the calories. no flavor. anything with lard (IMO) smells like meat and so that is out. I don't like cloves much so I use a little extra cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg. some cloves but less than the recipe asks for. I love ginger though, especially the candied slices.

I wouldn't spend that much on an old dryer. IMO cut your losses and get a new one that is more energy efficient. I almost wish my old one would die because I like the new one at our new house so much. Its an LG, was not that expensive because I didn't want any fancy features like steam. I will agree in a second.... new appliances are not made to last as long as older ones were.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.