Paleo& Gluten Free Pancake recipes

fit44

Cathlete
The Paleo Project Blog

The Paleo Project | Paleo Pancakes

Fluffy Coconut Flour Pancakes
Fluffy Coconut Flour Pancakes

I make my own pancake syrup but microwaving a bowl of frozen strawberries until warm, and then crushing them with a fork. ;)

Here is a recipe for blueberry syrup.
BLUEBERRY SAUCE

INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen, doesn’t matter)
1/2 cup orange juice
1 tsp arrowroot powder
1/4 cup water
DIRECTIONS: Combine the arrowroot powder and water in a small dish until the arrowroot powder dissolves. Heat the blueberries and orange juice in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the powder/water mixture to the blueberries and stir on low heat for 5-7 minutes, or until it thickens a bit.

Last edited:
Those look sooooo yummy!! I wonder if my daughter would like them........she is not a fan of pancakes :(

Just one question, for the coconut flour and butter, do you get them at health food stores? I don't think I have ever seen them in a regular grocery store here in Canada. Also, what is the price approx ??? I would not anticipate myself using copious amounts...............but then again I ADORE coconut :D

Could coconut flour be made by grinding unsweeten dried coconut in a blender? Almond and bean flour can be made that way. Just have be careful and blend the almonds to much, or you end up with almond butter.

Good question Pam! I don't know, I've never tried it. I do make my own almond flour in my vitamixer.

Thanks for posting! I love pancakes and am always trying new Paleo versions looking for the one that is "just right." ;)

that is nice recipe. i have also a recipe that may help you to make some healthy dinner ideas.

* 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
* 1 medium onion , chopped
* 1 (14 ounce) can diced Italian tomatoes , undrained
* 2 cups chicken broth
* 1 teaspoon dried basil
* garlic powder or fresh minced garlic , to taste
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
* 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti , broken into 2 inch pieces
* 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

Directions:

In a large skillet, cook chicken and onion until onion is tender.
Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
Add tomatoes, broth, basil, garlic and pepper to skillet.
Bring to a boil; stir in spaghetti.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
Return chicken to pan; cook until juices run clear and spaghetti is tender.
Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.