P90X3 Rotation questions

Stacy

Cathlete
I've never done P90X3 before. My goal is to increase cardio endurance and to gain a bit more strength. I'd love to increase flexibility too (gee, sounds like I want it all!) I'm not sure which rotation to do. I'm planning on adding running about twice a week to these workouts. I'm not sure which rotation to do for the best results. Is there enough strength in the Lean or Classic? If not, would adding an ICE Muscle Meltdown make sense? The Mass rotation does not seem like as much variety in the last 2 blocks so not sure I want to do that but I'm wondering if there is enough strength in the Classics. I've also toyed around with alternating a week of Classic with a week of Lean.

I have a TRX with a door attachment, hoping to be able to use that as a substitute for pull ups. I'd love if anyone could share their experiences/suggestions. Thanks.

Hi Stacy, I have done P90X3 rotations a few time and love it. Just pick a rotation that is right for you and instead off P90X3 cardio add your running twice a week. P90X3 is well rounded, IMO. Just have fun!

I've never done P90X3 before. My goal is to increase cardio endurance and to gain a bit more strength. I'd love to increase flexibility too (gee, sounds like I want it all!) I'm not sure which rotation to do. I'm planning on adding running about twice a week to these workouts. I'm not sure which rotation to do for the best results. Is there enough strength in the Lean or Classic? If not, would adding an ICE Muscle Meltdown make sense? The Mass rotation does not seem like as much variety in the last 2 blocks so not sure I want to do that but I'm wondering if there is enough strength in the Classics. I've also toyed around with alternating a week of Classic with a week of Lean.

I have a TRX with a door attachment, hoping to be able to use that as a substitute for pull ups. I'd love if anyone could share their experiences/suggestions. Thanks.
Hi Stacy, did you decide which rotation of P90X3 to do yet? I just got it thru a trade, so I'd like to know which
rotation to follow as well. For me, I think the set will provide enough cardio/flexibility (however I always add in Yoga as well), but I was thinking of including Beast workouts throughout to give me a few more strength options.
I like your idea of ICE MM too. Hope you enjoy your rotation and keep us informed how it's going!

I have one more week left in another rotation then I'm going to take a few days to do some yoga/stretching. After reading some other forums I'm going to follow the Classic rotation and add in my running days. Some of the reviews say the Classic rotation doesn't pick up in intensity/strength until the second month. I think I'm going to do the first block for only 2 weeks and then move on to the second block. What about you? Have you started the workouts yet?

Your plan sounds good! I've got my rotations planned out for the summer, so I don't think
I'll be starting P90X3 till the Fall. I haven't even looked at the materials yet, so I think
once I start doing the workouts, I will include more cardio, weight work, yoga, or whatever
I feel I need at the time. Thanks for your thoughts! Good luck with it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.