Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Already a member? Simply log in above.

1. Ripped with HiiT

Old-fashioned VIBRATOR Belts/Machines

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Elln, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Elln Cathlete

I recently read somewhere that the old-fashioned Vibrator Belts/Machines were making a comeback in health clubs. I stopped by a Korean-owned fitness club in NJ yesterday that was all vibrator machines. It is a 3-step process: (1) you drink this Oak tree vinegar to detox; (2) stands on this vibrating machine and holds on, and the machine just vibrates beyond belief for 10 minutes. You stand with different poses to shake different parts of your body; (3) you go into a infrared ray sauna for a thermal wash.

They claim that if you go 3-5 times a week, their 10-minute vibrating routine reduces more fat than a 1-hour aerobic (3-5x a week)exercise. Also, these machines are supposed to tone and strengthen the muscles without any weightlifting.

They charge $8.00 a visit OR if you sign up for 3-months ($199), they do a fat-analysis on you every week.

What do you think about this???

Elln

2. kathryn Cathlete

:eek: :eek:

I was just thinking about those machines when I read on another forum a thread about whacky fitness devices.

Seems to me like a bunch of hooey. There may be some benefit to the jiggling (stimulating the lymph system)? But the weight/fat loss is probably due more to the rest of the diet/exercise regime people are on. Or for someone who is very obese to start out with, for whom any sort of physical movement could burn calories.

Anything for a buck, I guess!

Though those machines might be good for makiing your own shakes, after you've downed the ingredients (recipe: drink some soy milk, eat a banana and some strawberries, chow down on some protein powder, shake with belt machine, and you have your morning smoothie!).