Nourishing Gurus Pumpkin Treats!!!

Nanbo

Cathlete
I made this Nourishing Gurus recipe Sunday night and they are REALLY yummy! I don't have a food processor and mixed it all by hand (strong grip from doing Cathe workouts!). I think I'll be making these again for the big meal after our annual 4 hour T-Day Hike!
RECIPE OF THE WEEK:
We are starting our countdown to Thanksgiving and will dedicate all our newsletter recipes to this upcoming holiday. Start your collection with this amazing winter squash treat that would make a great dessert (delicious and easier than pumpkin pie). Use less sweetener and this could double as a snack.

Spiced Pecan Pumpkin Treats

• 1/2 cup coconut butter (I used Nutiva Coconut Manna)
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil
  • 1/4 cup coconut flour
  • 1 1/2 cup cooked winter squash (butternut or pumpkin)
  • pinch salt
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon ginger
  • 2-4 tablespoons raw honey
  • 1/2 cup pecans, preferably toasted
In a small saucepan, gently melt coconut oil and coconut butter until melted. In food processor, add squash, spices, flour, salt, honey, and melted oil and butter and blend for 30 seconds until everything is pureed.
Line a square 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper. Spread ingredients into the pan and use a spatula to smooth it out. Bake for 25 min at 350 degrees. Remove from oven (note: it will NOT be firm until it chills, so don't panic). Layer the pecans on top and then let it cool on the counter. Once it cools, cover and put in fridge until completely chilled; about 3 hours.

ENJOY!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.