Not in great shape, but getting there-Feb 20th

MCunningham

Cathlete
Good morning, ladies!

I hope you don't mind if I get us started?

I went snow tubing in Pennsylvania yesterday, and it wasn't bad-- I got some exercise in lugging that huge tube up the hill!! The place was some sort of snow park/golf course (odd combo), but it was really geared towards kids, so DH and I and some of our friends sat at the bar for a lot of the day, haha!

However dorky the snow park was, it was really nice to catch up with several of our friends that we just don't see that often-- it felt like a vacation for the soul to be able to chat with them for a few hours and catch up! :)

I'm off to get ready for my sister-in-law's surprise baby shower-- she doesn't know what she's having, and I can't wait to find out! :) (She's due at the end of March.)

How have your weekends been so far?

Talk to you gals later! :)

MC

Hi everyone, I'm glad you started the check-in MC, sorry I didn't get around to it! I'm glad you had fun with your friends.

It's Good to hear from you MC! Sorry you've had such a rough week and I'm sorry about your wrist. Let us know what the doctor says. That's a reall bummer especially when you're trying to work out. Do you do any of Cathe's cardio workouts? You asked what I did to my foot, well I have heel spurs on both of my feet, I saw a podiatrist about it 12 years ago and have been pain free with the use of orthotics in my shoes and with wearing good supportive shoes. Well when I started working out again in January I started doing some of the really high impact workouts from the shock cardio series and that made my right foot really sore again. Basically I have plantar fascitis again from the heel spur. My doctor made me new orthotics since mine were old and I'm laying off the high impact stuff and hopefully it will get better. I gained 0.6 at my ww meeting. I know what you mean about not wanting to go back when you've gained weight, but you just need to do it. Everytime that's happened to me in the past, I say I'm just going to lose some first and then I'll go back and I just end up gaining more. When I went back this year I gained back all of the 19 pounds that I lost last year and it really felt crappy to go back and face that, but I'm glad I did and my leader was nice about it and said she was glad that I came back. So, just do it, you'll be glad you did!

Well yesterday I did legs from power hour and muscle max then I did back, chest and abs from slow and heavy. Today I'm going to do bi's and tri's from S&H and the blasts from KPC. I'm just waiting for the little one to take his nap, so I can do it.

Well have a good day everyone!

Wont be in town Saturday, so doing a check in here, now.

Been doing a lot of cardio lately, but not much weights :( so added 20 pushups daily and 50 squats and walking lunges every day. or at least every other day.

I have great news! I got my final divorce papers, he SAYS he's going to sign them, but when he picked up the kids, he took one look at them and threw them into my car. Of course his grandfather is in ICU, so that may be a big part of his attitude right now. I told him he didn't have to sign them today, but he insisted on looking at them, since his lawyer hasn't sent him a copy yet.

Hope y'all are well.
Lib

Where has everyone been this week?

Congratulations Lib on the progress on your divorce. Are you going anywhere fun on Saturday?

I went to ww last night and lost 3.4 lbs! I was not expecting that especially since I went out to eat last Saturday and pigged out! I'm so excited about it though, I've lost 15 lbs now. It's still early to tell for sure, but since I have been concentrating on weight lifting I have been losing weight faster. I don't know if you guys read that article "hierarchy of fat loss", but the author said weight lifting was the best kind of exercise to do for fat loss. Maybe he's right.

I'm also excited because I ordered a new heart rate monitor and it has arrived! I'll try it out tomorrow. I lost my other one, so I haven't know how many calories I've been burning during my workouts. I'm also going to order a new scale. I'm getting a Tanita scale that measures body fat percentage. I'm not sure if I want to know that number though!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.