nordic track spin bike 399.00

jenb69_1999

Hi,
I just thought I would let you know that Nordic Track has a spin bike currently priced at 399.00 and comes with free shipping (which is good because it weighs 113 lbs). I thought this was a good price based on some of the others I looked at. I ordered one and will let you know what I think once I unpack it.
I recently developed a rather persistant case of plantar fasciatis in my right foot and needed an alternative for cardio. Luckily, I won't have to wait too long for Cathe's spin DVD!
http://www.nordictrack.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Category_-1_10301_12401_19551_Y

Last edited:
Well, this is one thing I can't be enabled on because I have no room. :p However, sounds like a great deal and a perfect option for you as you heal. Good luck in the recovery process & happy spinning!

Thanks for posting this! I just ordered this today and can't wait to give it a "spin"...pun intended!

Let me know what you think of yours!

Denise

So far so good

Hi Denise,

My bike arrived very quickly. My husband and I put it together a few days ago (it was easy to do). I am really enjoying it (I bought a Mindy Mylrea Spin DVD) and the bike seems to work just fine. However, I have no basis for comparison with other bikes since this is my first time spinning. I think I will get a gel seat though (the seat is bit hard).

BTW, spinning is TOUGH stuff. I have new respect for cyclists. This may be low impact, but it is quite a workout! I hope you enjoy your bike as well!

RunninTeach, I didn't really think I had enough room for one, but it is really compact and has wheels so it is easy to move. So, maybe I'm enabling just a little bit....

Great! I can't wait to receive mine and give it a whirl! I am going to order 2 Mindy spin dvd's while I wait for Cathe's to get here ;).

How easy was it to change settings on this Nordic bike? How smooth did it feel for you? How quiet was it?

Thanks in advance!

Denise

Hi Denise

It is very easy to change the settings on the bike. I am still playing around with them to find the perfect settings for me (I researched this a little bit on Youtube). But the handlebars, seat height and seat distance (toward and away from the spin wheel) are all easy to adjust. The bike itself feels very sturdy and smooth. It is pretty quiet, but since I exercise first thing in the morning and don't want to wake up the family, I have moved the bike closer to the TV so that I can hear Mindy better. So...not 100% silent, but my husband cannot hear it in the next room.

Hope that answers your questions. I can't wait to hear what you think of your bike!

Ug! This site is gonna gobble up all of my money today! I have been looking for a spin bike for a while now and this seems like it will fit the bill nicely. It'll be nice to have a Cathe spin workout. Also, I can't wait to try a cardio coach workout on it. It looks like the free shipping may be ending today???

Any other comments about the bike (good or bad) before I take the plunge?

so far so good

So far the bike works fine for me. But, having no previous spinning experience, I do not have anything to compare it to. Denise...have you received your bike yet?

Just got my bike yesterday. Hubby and I was surprised to see it on the porch since we didn't get a shipping notice! (woohoo!) He put it together in about 45-60 minutes and it is nice. I plan on officially trying it out after work today! I am going to be sore as I haven't ridden a bike in a long time, lol!!!

Denise

Can't wait to hear your opinion

Hi Denise,
Glad to hear you received your bike. Let me know what you think? Which Mindy DVD are you going to use?

JT---I am not sure about the price of the bike over the holidays...The price seems to be staying around 399.00 for now.

I am also looking for a spin bike. This would be close to my price range. It looks great. Is the seat comfy? I am not sure I would like the narrow type seat, I have never liked them on any of my bikes before. How are you liking your bike so far. I am so excited for this workout. I have not purchased an indoor bike in twenty years. My how they have changed! Not sure what to buy, but will be buying something!
Thanks so much,
Colleen

HI Feebee

Well...I wouldn't call the seat comfy, it is pretty narrow. So, I am going to put a gel seat over it. But, the good thing about spinning is that you actually spend alot of time standing and pedaling...

But the bike overall seems good. I definitely couldn't afford the other bikes I looked at. I am also excited about Cathe's spin workout. August seems so far away!

For the seat it is better to have it more narrow. I suggest using bike shorts with a chamois over a gel seat.

I haven't officially used it, as I'm waiting for my Mindy dvd's to arrive, so I'm hoping they get here today or tomorrow.....

I purchased a really nice gel spin seat that is a BIG improvement over the other seat. (I think it was under $25 at Walmart) Hubby just put that one on instead of the other one so I'll have more padding! :)

Denise

I'm still on the fence about this. But, you can get this bike online thru Sears at the same price and free shipping for Mothers Day. I would think that it would be easier to take it back to Sears if something went wrong or if you didn't like it.

I've almost got myself talked into this.:rolleyes:

Hi Angie,
Thanks for posting the information about Sears. I did not know that you could purchase the bike there. Your right, that would make it much easier if there is a problem with the bike.

No matter if you purchase it or not...Happy Mothers Day!

Hi Denise,
Anxiously awaiting your opinion of the bike (and the Mindy DVD)!

Regards,
Jennifer

Jennifer!

Guess what FINALLY came in the mail today...my Mindy dvd's! I'd love to try them out however my daughter & her boyfriend of 3 1/2 yrs decided to get married TODAY so I am not sure if I'll have time, lol!!

I'll probably get to ride tomorrow for sure and I'll report back....now, which one to test the waters with first? I got 2 Mindy dvd's--Super Cycle, which is really (really) long and TriCycle which is broken down into 3 different rides: flat, hill and intervals.

Okay, what should I choose? Take it easy with the flat, try the intervals or go all out and do the "long ride".....(I'm gonna be sore, ha)

Denise

Yep, wedding trumps spinning!

I have the Tricycle DVD. I have tried all three workouts and they are all tough, but the toughest is the hills. I haven't managed to complete that one all the way through yet (and I've been working out with Cathe for quite some time!). But...I like the hill workout the best because I find it is doing a nice job of teaching me to relate the wheel tension to the exertion levels (Mindy refers to them as levels 1 thru 4).

Whichever one you pick..enjoy!! And.....Happy Mothers Day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.