New to Cathe

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-30-01 AT 01:42PM (Est)[/font][p]Hi there, I am new to Cathe and would like info on which tapes to try. I usually do the Firm and love them (Kari Anderson, Jay Blahnik, Karen V and Kathy Smith too), but I want to try something different. I prefer lifting heavier weights (with some aerobic training) on one day alternating with all aerobics (and maybe light weights) the next. I am an advanced exerciser, like fun coreography but do not like having to watch the tape over and over to catch on.
I also like to fit my workouts in within an hour.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Trish
Happy New Year

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-30-01 AT 03:40PM (Est)[/font][p]I'd recommend the Slow & Heavy series for you weight lifting needs, and Interval Max and Cardio Kicks for cardio. As far as an "all step" cardio tape, Power Max is a good one and the choreography isnt too complex. I was wondering what weights you had....barbells, dumbells, both?? And, as far as cardio is floor space an issue??

:)Stacy

Hi Trish,

I, too, love the Firm (thus my name:) I am new to Cathe as well. I got some new DVD's for Christmas and love them. I tried Cardio Kicks as my first try. It seemed to be the least intimidating of the bunch, and I absolutely loved it:):) I had such a good feeling of accomplishment afterwards. I don't even know what to compare it to Firm-wise, since they don't have any kickboxing tapes. So, I think Cardio Kicks is a good first Cathe to try. I think you'll enjoy it too. Good luck :-jumpy

The usual recommendation is Cathe's wedding video because there are two workouts one one tape. The first hour is stepping so you can get used to her moves and her style. The second hour is strength training. She does quite a bit of education of some of her steps and breakdowns, plus form pointers. Don't get me wrong, all of Cathe's tapes have form pointers, but this tape is economical and gives you the chance to get to know Cathe's style.

Just a thought.

Keta. :D

[link:home.attbi.com/~marwrihu/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html|Home Page]

[link:mykbtforum.efree2net.com/|KBT Forum]

Hi there,
Okay, I just got the money to purchase some tapes. And boy, did I purchase!! I got Rhythmic Step, Power Hour, Slow and Heavy, Cardio Kicks, MIS and Interval Max.
A couple of questions though.
My barbell holds approx. 35 pounds (with firm tapes I usually go about 20 max.) And I have dumbells up to 15 pds. Does this sound like a heavy enough weight for these tapes?
What is the suggestion for S&H?? I thought I saw somwhere on this forum that it should be done with a 4 week rotation?? Does cardio fit in here somewhere?
Any other ideas on incorporating these into some kind of rotation?
My goal is to lose about 15 pounds of fat and put on as much muscle as possible.
I know I can watch the vids and probably answer these questions myself, but I am so excited and just cant wait.
Also want advice from you Cathe vets.
Thanks and God bless to all
HappyTrish

Welcome Trish! Your buys sound awesome! Isn't it fun buying new stuff!?! I was a Firm fanatic too! I did the same thing you did, a light weight/heavy aerobic day, followed by a heavy weight day/short aerobic day. I ordered 5 new Cathe's yesterday! Wish me luck, I love to dance, but my feet and brain don't have a bridge built between them! I hope you like your new vids!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.