Need shoes for plyometrics/Insanity

LeanneM

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

I just started Insanity a few days ago, and my current shoes just aren't cutting it for all the plyometric moves in these workouts. I tried searching the forum for shoe recommendations, but nothing is coming up. Can anyone suggest some good shoes for all the plyo moves?

Thanks in advance!:D

I am also intrested in this, I am thinking cross trainers?

Yes, I saw that Beachbody recommended crosstrainers for these workouts, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of a particular model/style that is especially good. :)

I just got Asics Gel Intensity Crosstrainers. They work very well for all of those plyo moves in Insanity. I tried Insanity with my running shoes and my old Rykas and they just didn't cut it. They do seem a bit slippery on the step, however.

If it makes any difference to you, my feet are almost flat and I have a hard time finding a good pair of shoes. I'm happy with the Gel Intensity. My feet don't hurt any more.:) I plan to buy another pair to have when these wear out.

thanks for the asics recommendation. i just ordered them from www.zappos.com and i got them 1/2 bigger as you recommended. I've been doing plyo workouts in my running sneaks and its just not working out.

Thanks again for the Asics recommendation. They didn't quite work with my high arches, but the Ryka Assist XT worked great! No foot or arch pain!:D

Thanks for this thread! I was wondering if I needed certain shoes for Insanity. I just started this week and have been noticing arch pain. I've never had an issue with arch pain before but figured I probably should get new shoes. When I workout at home, I usually only use my old running shoes but that's just not working for Insanity... Hopefully new shoes will take that pain away...

Thanks again for the Asics recommendation. They didn't quite work with my high arches, but the Ryka Assist XT worked great! No foot or arch pain!:D

I was just thinking about you and Kariev the other day, wondering if you found a pair of shoes.

Sorry the Asics didn't work out but I'm glad you found something that works. I know what a bummer it is when you don't have the right shoe.

Now you have your shoes so you can jump higher! :)

Last edited:
Aveggiegirl -- LOL! Yes, I can definitely jump higher now! ;)

Laura -- Something about all that jumping in Insanity is just murder on the arches! Hope you find a good shoe, too! :)

Hi Leanne,

Thanks for the shoe recommendation! I ordered these yesterday (saw your review too :)) so I should get them any day. I love Rykas for cross training!

I'll let you all know how much higher I jump w/ them....:eek: After all, it's gotta be an equipment issue :p especially on the 3rd of drills....:eek:

Hi Leanne,

Thanks for the shoe recommendation! I ordered these yesterday (saw your review too :)) so I should get them any day. I love Rykas for cross training!

I'll let you all know how much higher I jump w/ them....:eek: After all, it's gotta be an equipment issue :p especially on the 3rd of drills....:eek:

Hope you like them, Joan! LOL about the 3rd set of drills . . . that third set just slays me in each workout! :confused:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.