Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Already a member? Simply log in above.

1. Ripped with HiiT

Need shoes for plyometrics/Insanity

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by LeanneM, Jul 30, 2009.

1. LeanneM Cathlete

Hi everyone,

I just started Insanity a few days ago, and my current shoes just aren't cutting it for all the plyometric moves in these workouts. I tried searching the forum for shoe recommendations, but nothing is coming up. Can anyone suggest some good shoes for all the plyo moves?

Thanks in advance!:D

2. amanda12485 Guest

I am also intrested in this, I am thinking cross trainers?

3. LeanneM Cathlete

Yes, I saw that Beachbody recommended crosstrainers for these workouts, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of a particular model/style that is especially good. :)

4. aveggiegirl Cathlete

I just got Asics Gel Intensity Crosstrainers. They work very well for all of those plyo moves in Insanity. I tried Insanity with my running shoes and my old Rykas and they just didn't cut it. They do seem a bit slippery on the step, however.

If it makes any difference to you, my feet are almost flat and I have a hard time finding a good pair of shoes. I'm happy with the Gel Intensity. My feet don't hurt any more.:) I plan to buy another pair to have when these wear out.

5. LeanneM Cathlete

Thanks so much! Those sound like just what I've been looking for!

6. aveggiegirl Cathlete

Leanne,

I ordered mine 1/2 size larger than my regular shoe size. They fit very well that way.

7. LeanneM Cathlete

Thanks for the tip! :)

8. kariev Cathlete

thanks for the asics recommendation. i just ordered them from www.zappos.com and i got them 1/2 bigger as you recommended. I've been doing plyo workouts in my running sneaks and its just not working out.

9. LeanneM Cathlete

Thanks again for the Asics recommendation. They didn't quite work with my high arches, but the Ryka Assist XT worked great! No foot or arch pain!:D

10. libra01971 Cathlete

Thanks for this thread! I was wondering if I needed certain shoes for Insanity. I just started this week and have been noticing arch pain. I've never had an issue with arch pain before but figured I probably should get new shoes. When I workout at home, I usually only use my old running shoes but that's just not working for Insanity... Hopefully new shoes will take that pain away...

11. aveggiegirl Cathlete

I was just thinking about you and Kariev the other day, wondering if you found a pair of shoes.

Sorry the Asics didn't work out but I'm glad you found something that works. I know what a bummer it is when you don't have the right shoe.

Now you have your shoes so you can jump higher! :)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  12. LeanneM Cathlete

Aveggiegirl -- LOL! Yes, I can definitely jump higher now! ;)

Laura -- Something about all that jumping in Insanity is just murder on the arches! Hope you find a good shoe, too! :)

13. jonahnah Cathlete

Hi Leanne,

Thanks for the shoe recommendation! I ordered these yesterday (saw your review too :)) so I should get them any day. I love Rykas for cross training!

I'll let you all know how much higher I jump w/ them....:eek: After all, it's gotta be an equipment issue :p especially on the 3rd of drills....:eek:

14. LeanneM Cathlete

Hope you like them, Joan! LOL about the 3rd set of drills . . . that third set just slays me in each workout! :confused: