Muscle building

kerribilliot1

Cathlete
I am currently doing Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer. I am using her nutrition plan but STS for my workouts because I cannot go to a gym. I have done STS so many times I know the exercise when the music starts!! I love love love and have almost everything Cathe has ever made. I am looking to build more muscle, at home. Anyone heard of Beachbody's Body Beast? Looks like it is geared towards men. I want dvds that I can lift heavy with and mix things up a bit all while working out at home. Anyone have any suggestions??

I have Body Beast & really enjoyed it. It is geared towards men but lots of women do it too. I also love heavy lifting and this one fits the bill. Sagi is a hoot too so that gives it a fun factor.

I am currently doing Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer. I am using her nutrition plan but STS for my workouts because I cannot go to a gym. I have done STS so many times I know the exercise when the music starts!! I love love love and have almost everything Cathe has ever made. I am looking to build more muscle, at home. Anyone heard of Beachbody's Body Beast? Looks like it is geared towards men. I want dvds that I can lift heavy with and mix things up a bit all while working out at home. Anyone have any suggestions??

I'm doing Body Beast now. I am enjoying it. Reminds me a bit of Joyce Vedral's book Bottoms Up. I did that workout for a long time back in the early 90s. On Facebook there is a Body Beast 4 Women group that is very active.

I am completing Body Beast right now. I am on my last day tomorrow, as a matter of fact. The results have been outstanding, but I have followed the nutrition plan to a tee! I was not happy eating that amount of calories in the first 2 phases (especially all the carbs). I ended up feeling pretty miserable and only did 4 weeks of the second phase instead of 5, the moved on to the Beast phase (or cut phase rather). This is my last week and I love the results, but I'm burnt out! LOL I start Cathe's STS next week. I'm going to take a recovery week next week first, then I'll start. Looking forward to it!

Sorry Kerribiliot1 for hijacking your thread.

I have a question about Body beast Tempo option.

I would like to have your opinion on Tempo from those of you who have done it.

Hope to hear from your feedbacks ;)

Hi there,

I finished the Body Beast rotation a few months ago. If you love STS M2, you will probably love Body Beast, as they are both hypertrophy-based training. I won't really go into much detail about the program, as you can search youtube and Beach Body for all available info. Sagi also has a few interviews on youtube as well, so you can really see his personality "shine" :D;). I will say that I enjoyed the program and got some nice UB muscle definition. I say give the program a go! If it's something you are interested in, then what do you have to lose?

With that being said, right now I'm doing Nia Shank's Beautiful Bad A** program. In all honesty, the best program I have ever done, thus far. 100% strength-training with big compound exercises (little-no isolation exercises). If your goal is to get stronger, that program is the way to go IMO. I'm doing weighted push-ups, chin-ups, deadlifts, squats, barbell presses & rows, all with some pretty heavy #'s. I feel amazing -- very strong, confident, powerful. I'm only training 3X/week, and yet my "aesthetic results" are definitely the best I've ever had. I will probably continue with Nia's program for the duration of the year, if not longer. Here is a link to the program if you are interested: Beautiful Badass with GetDPD » Nia Shanks
And yes, it's a PDF file. It takes some getting used to, but now I absolutely adore training this way. I play my own music and use an on-line timer to monitor my breaks.

HTH! Happy lifting :eek:

Natasha

There is a women's Body Beast facebook group that is very active.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/535897616423248/?hc_location=stream
I'm amazed how much muscle women are gaining with this program.
The group is very supportive and motivating. The program works! It may take more than one round, but I've seen women in their late 40's adding significant muscle definition with this program. I highly recommend it!

Here is a video of Sagi posted a week ago.
ARealChange.tv | TV With Sandi Krakowski | Blog Training | Copywriting | Lead Generation | Marketing | Episode #76: Your Thoughts, Your Body & How Negative Habits Are Making You Sick «
I have a major crush on Sagi, he is a real sweetheart!

There is a women's Body Beast facebook group that is very active.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/535897616423248/?hc_location=stream
I'm amazed how much muscle women are gaining with this program.
The group is very supportive and motivating. The program works! It may take more than one round, but I've seen women in their late 40's adding significant muscle definition with this program. I highly recommend it!

Yes, this is true. Most people have "workout ADD" and quit/cut short a program before seeing any visible results. Here is a vid that I just watched recently that pretty much convinced me to stick to my current program for approx. 1 yr. :
Do This Workout For ONE YEAR - YouTube (please be warned that Elliott uses foul language).
Elliott is one of my top go-to people for strength training advice. I have been following some of his tips and they have helped tremendously with my muscle imbalances, posture, and overall strength training regime. He's pretty awesome ;).

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.