Morning meal...ick!

Alana_as

Cathlete
I don't know if other have the same problem, but I have such a hard time eating in the morning, especially eggs! I have to choke down whatever I'm having for breakfast. Anyone else have the same problem? Does anyone have any advice to help that issue? I hope so! hehe thanks everyone!:D

I feel ya!! I like eggs but I'm getting sick of them. I'd be interested in other alternatives as well. I was Jillian Michaels on the Doctors last week and she had blueberry pancakes made with yogurt, blueberries and oatmeal (I think), anyway they looked good.

I am usually looking for quick, I blend whey powder with low sugar apple juice or almond milk and fruit, sometimes I add in flax or chia seed to add some extra health benefits.

The pancake thing just reminded me of a "protein pancake" I made, I don't recall it exactly, but it was basically cottage cheese, oats, maybe egg, blended then cooked as a pancake, it was very good.

Bagel thin with light cream cheese, lox and tomato.

Shredded wheat with a banana.

Egg sandwich, 1 egg, light cheese, 100 calorie thin round bread.

1 packet of low sugar flavored oatmeal with 1/4 cup plain oatmeal.

Toast with peanut or almond butter.

ya know... I think I'll try the shake deal...any good suggestions on which brand/type of protein shake I should get?:confused:

Yeah Alana you're back!! How are ya girl?

I pretty much have been going through a full on "survival mode" way of eating. Eat what is good for me not neccessarily what tastes good. I eat steel cut oatmeal w/fruit, yogurt and fruit, egg white scrambled w/spinach and tomatoes. Honestly I'd much rather have a big ol fashioned pancake, w/bacon. :)

Glad you're back.

I cannot look at another egg. Mornings--1/4 C oatmeal with seasonal fruit and some cut papaya or melon. Other choice is plain yogurt with fruit and a light sprinkle of granola.

Hey JANIE!!! Thanks for the welcome back! I was gone for WAAAY longer than I wanted to be, but boy, I was working SO much and I was so stressed from my husband being gone in the war and car issues and oh boy...too much, that I caused a HEART problem! It's a long story but I'm ok now and BACK at my cathe workouts! WOO! Anyway, I'm going to try alternation granola with fruit/shakes..we'll see! thanks for the suggestion hun!:eek:

Oh my gosh. I swear I am the gaggiest person first thing in the morning:eek::p:rolleyes:... at least I am most mornings. If I'm especially gaggy I will sip on an EAS protein shake and nibble on a high-fiber or protein bar. If I'm super hungry and desperate I will have a half of a naughty bagle (guilty pleasure like a mot-so-high fiber or whole grain type! :eek:) with some light cream cheese. Or a high-fiber tortilla with some light cheese and some form of vegetarian Morningstar snausage or bacon.

Really the only way I can eat eggs first thing in the morning is if I have prepared a flavorful fritatta and cut it up like a pizza the night before. I think I'll give that a go again. But, I still NEED to couple it with some sort of bread. It's also hit and miss with me for oatmeal. I'm totally a texture gal ESPECIALLY first thing in the morning! :eek::eek:

Good luck!!

Pam

Protein shake or whole wheat bread with PB. I get up at 4:30 in the morning to workout, and found out very fast that I can't eat eggs that early in the morning. Shakes are usually great.

I do like eggs, but the smell of them early in the morning makes me sick. I usually have oatmeal for breakfast.

yeah, I'm all egg-ed out. Seriously, if I don't ever eat another egg again it would be ok.

But, if you must, add a slice of low fat cheese to your scrambled eggs thats easier to get down cause its creamy.

I've tried the rice protein and it was awful. I haven't thrown it out cause in an emergency it would work, but really, it was the worst taste I've ever had in my mouth. Sometimes a handful of roast almonds is not too bad, they are dense without requiring a huge amount of food in your stomach.

I've recently started drinking Oatmeal Protein Shakes in the mornings. The recipe is in Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet Cookbook...

1/4 cup oats
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
1 Tbsp Flax seed (I use flax meal)
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp nut butter (I use almond)
1 cup milk (I use unsweet/vanilla almond milk)
a handful of ice

Blend it all up and enjoy. It's a little gritty, but it's yummy and very filling and a good energy boost.

ya know... I think I'll try the shake deal...any good suggestions on which brand/type of protein shake I should get?:confused:

I like the Designer Whey brand in Natural or Vanilla. Both mix well with fruit, The natural is nice because it does not have any sweeteners, artificial or otherwise in it and I really enjoy the taste of mixed with fruit.

I find fruit whey shakes the easiest morning meal to enjoy if I don't feel like eating food, they are sweet and refreshing and never make me feel like I am choking it down.

I despize (spelling??) eggs. Haven't touched them since I was 3 years old. :p

I have been eating oatmeal w/some natural p/b and a dash of splenda in it for months now. I love it!

Wow! It's interesting to read that there are so many people who can't eat in the morning. I am ravenous in the A.M. After all, it has been 10 hours since my last food!! :eek:

I don't eat eggs, pancakes, or anything like that, but I fill up on fruit and cereal... sometimes yogurt.

My favorite at the moment is oatmeal mixed with cookies and cream protein. blueberries and almond milk. I love it. The receipe is from Oxygen magazine.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.