Modification for forward lunges

RosanneW

I am new to the forums and am hoping for your expert advice. After injuring my knee while running last September, I have been healing and rehabbing. Now I am in the midst of the November 2011 Low Impact Rotation and want to substitute Low Impact Sweat for the Slide and Glide, which has too much lateral stress on my knees. Do you think that's a good swap? And what can I swap for forward lunges? So far I have been doing either dips (backward lunges), curtsey lunges, or squats. Thanks for any and all advice!

I am new to the forums and am hoping for your expert advice. After injuring my knee while running last September, I have been healing and rehabbing. Now I am in the midst of the November 2011 Low Impact Rotation and want to substitute Low Impact Sweat for the Slide and Glide, which has too much lateral stress on my knees. Do you think that's a good swap? And what can I swap for forward lunges? So far I have been doing either dips (backward lunges), curtsey lunges, or squats. Thanks for any and all advice!

I am not an expert in injuries but I hope my suggestion will help! I suggest you carry on with these above as they feel fine.
How about trying sissy squat. you can preview what it consist of on clip below;). Executed correctly, you should feel it on your quads and calf.
I also suggest you strengthen your glutes and hamstring muscles to support your knees, not just during the rehabilitation process:):)ATB

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.