Metabolic Workouts/Cardio

Cowgirl

I really have problems with doing either steady state cardio or even HIT.. Though HIT is more tolerable for me. I, however, do like the BootCamp/ Drill Max and more metabolic workouts-- the kinds with light weights. So do They/Can
they also count as my cardio?? Pls say YES:p:p., but be truthful if you must:(.

Tks,
Mary

I might suggest taking your heart rate (either with fingers on wrist or with a heart rate monitor) every ten minutes or so during your workouts of choice. You can find out that way if you are in your target heart rate zone and getting the cardio benefits you want. I find it is so individual and can vary not only from person to person but even from day to day. I can usually get my heart rate up with contrast training lower body workouts and with boot camp and metabolic workouts, at least part of the time. But it can depend on my weight selections, step height, how much I'm putting into it and how warmed up I am when I start. If I found that my heart rate wasn't high enough and I want to get some cardio in that day, I sometimes add on just one tabata (about 6 mins. of the XTrain Tabatacise disk) or do a 4 min. tabata on my spin bike. One 4-6 min. round of hiit isn't long, IS effective and can be enough if I have already worked hard with a bootcamp or metabolic program. And I will just add...Drill Max is a toughie! :eek::)

Jane,

Good idea, as I do Not have a problem tacking on a tabata and do have XTrain. Just received BootCamp Circuit ( ICE) and also HIT Circuit Upper Body and will try at least One Tabata either before or after - if I have any energy left. The problem, ironically for checking my heart rate is that I am taking BP meds and they always keep me quite low, so my target isn't Really my target- if you get my drift.. In any event, I think these are good ideas and at least release me from having to have the dread factor with Steady State.

Tks,
Mary

I really have problems with doing either steady state cardio or even HIT.. Though HIT is more tolerable for me. I, however, do like the BootCamp/ Drill Max and more metabolic workouts-- the kinds with light weights. So do They/Can
they also count as my cardio?? Pls say YES:p:p., but be truthful if you must:(.

Tks,
Mary

I actually am starting to love the MWT like in ICE! Because no jumping but gets my heat up and sweaty is my body lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clare,

I believe you! Yesterday did HC Upper Body and then tacked on Muscle Meltdown from Boot Camp Circuit- and was sweating- and tired by the end. I really think the MM is a great way to "perk up" your bis for an Upper Body workout;)
Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.