Melt Method?

Repo

Cathlete
Anybody tried the melt method for pain management? I just got it Wed. and I'm having some good results so far....but maybe it's all in my head. I've been dealing with pain so long that maybe it's just wishful thinking.

Nice! I ordered it after Lauren Brooks raved about it and I'm waiting for it to arrive, cant wait to try it!! I brought the 3 dvd set which has the mini foot and hand treatments. I have a foam roller that is pretty soft and I brought some small suitable balls from kmart for $8. I could not justify paying the $50US for the set of melt balls. They say on the website that you can use your foam roller if it is hard, just wrap it in a yoga mat.

Hi.
I have not done the MELT Method in this format, although I did complete a course last year in self myofascial massage/release and ball rolling. The first couple of days of the course were focused on the squishy hand and foot balls from MELT Method. The remainder was all body and more feet using larger (all different sizes and consistencies) balls. I have since incorporated it to use a foam roller, which I use regularly in my practice. Honestly, for chronic pain, I find that there is nothing better (along with perhaps cupping therapy which has an opposing effect on the fascia - it's wonderful as well!), so I truly think you will find relief Repo. I find that there is much discovery of the body and all of it's bits on the floor and against the wall and once you get to know what your own needs are, you will reap the benefits.I believe it is best to go slowly and let your body and mind process the neuromuscular "events". I have found the primary reward for me has been the release of some long held emotional pain/trauma which lodges itself in different areas of our body (ie. pent up anger - ribs, sexual issues/past - pelvic area & tailbone, long held fright/trauma - upper lumbar region etc.), which was my reason for taking the course in the first place. It was worth the cost. :)
As far as the cost of the balls, I agree that some branded ones are a rip. I use lacrosse balls, yamuna balls, deep tissue ones from amazon etc., franklin ones, ones they sell at the pet shop lol, and I watch some branded ones on eBay and have gotten some excellent deals!! Yoga Tune-Up has some nice ones as well. I have a real boat load of balls here now!! Probably too many. I found getting one small enough to get into the psoas area a challenge & I finally found one I like. It is a heatable spiky one that I got during a Boxing Day sale. I got both of my rollers on Craigslist. I have a harder one that I use in pilates and a softer one. I know in MELT, they say you can use a roller on the rib area, although if you are over 45, I'd recommend a ball. Ribs can easily be damaged/bruised.

Anyway, I think you'll love it and you will stick with it!! :) It isn't gimmicky. It really works for chronic pain and for preventing overuse injuries.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.