low fat eating

ReneePruitt

Cathlete
Hoping to find others who are following a low fat diet. This is how I lost 70 pounds years ago. I kept it off for a long time til I got lazy. I then tried high protein gained then low carb gained more. I'm looking to go back to what worked for me. I could use ideas pn recipes and ways to make things low fat. I used to be great at it aand now I forgot what to use in recipes toale it low fat. Like instead of oil use applesauce. That kind pf thing.

I know a lot off people will say they don't agree with this way and another way is better. However let me say personaly this way worked for me. All bodies are different. So are there annyone out there who still follow this way of eating.. do u still have success now if you are older as well I'm 42.

Hi Renee,

I somewhat follow a low fat diet. Although I do use extra virgin olive oil, canola oil, and coconut oil in small quantities, I believe my diet overall is on the "lower-fat" scale. I still enjoy all my healthy carbs like whole grains, oatmeal, quinoa, pasta, rice and rice noodles. For protein, I choose lean animal protein over the fattier cuts, legumes, nuts, soy, tofu, fish, low fat greek yogurt, ect. My eating habits/lifestyle is portion control and all the foods I love in moderation :p.

I totally agree with you on finding a diet lifestyle what works for you and sticking with it.

Just a little note of inspiration, my aunt turned 51 this year and currently lost 50 lbs. She was not on a "special diet". She reduced her caloric intake and increased her activity level by walking frequently. She replaced white flour products w/whole grains, went from 2% milk to skim, started incorporating more fruits and veggies in her diet, ect. Her main problem as I recall, was not eating frequently enough. She often skipped meals. Oh and of course, she eliminated all soda/pop from her diet. She looks smokin' hot now! At 51 years old!!! She looks better than she did in her 20's :D. I'm so darn proud of her :).

Good luck Renee :). If I can add one more thing, please don't get discouraged! Life is hard, and there are so many tough obstacles, but you'll pull through. Just believe in yourself and anything is possible :).

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions :)

Take care,

Natasha

Natty
.. thank you so much
You always have interesting and fun and intertaining things to say. You are also so very very positive personality! You seem to say just the right things!

I'm glad ur aunt did that. Yes that helped. I had always been the chunky one til I turned 24 then I actually looked good. Well even then I still saw a chubby girl at times but 103 isn't chubby. But I was then always told I was to skinny and I see pics and wow I was cute and didn't enjoy it. Lol I was not "too" skinny cause I lifted weight then and I made muscle just no fat. Now it does get diiscoouraging to gained alpt of it back. A lot happened in the last three to five years. Life..
Thanks Natty I'm not giving up..not yet. I want to be healthy and happy. And keep up the fun convos! I read ur stuff all the tiime! I'm ur post stalker lol just kidding!

Low-fat diets and weight loss or weight maintenance

The list of foods above is just a guide as to the best sorts of foods to eat that in general contain less fat and calories 'weight for weight' or 'portion for portion'.

If you want to lose weight, you need to eat fewer calories per day than you have been eating (or do more exercise). In general, foods high in fat contain a lot of calories. However, there are other foods that contain a lot of calories. In particular, sweets and sugar do not contain fat, but are high in calories. Therefore, in addition to a low-fat diet, you also have to watch out for other types of foods such as sweets and sugary foods.

See separate leaflets called 'Healthy Eating' for a more general overview of food and health, and 'Weight Reduction - How to Lose Weight' which gives advice if you are planning to lose weight.

Not trying to be rude but what are the two last post saying? I can't tell if u are addressing ur comment to me or someone else. If me I don't get what that has to do with the op I wrote. Of course that was a while ago so maybe I'm missing something. ? Thanks

Not trying to be rude but what are the two last post saying? I can't tell if u are addressing ur comment to me or someone else. If me I don't get what that has to do with the op I wrote. Of course that was a while ago so maybe I'm missing something. ? Thanks

Hi Renee ... I think those two are spammers. :) Didn't make sense to me either.

Stebby

Hi Renee,

I eat a low fat plant based diet. Now it's still possible to eat a high fat plant based diet with lots of oil, nuts, and avocado, but if you eat plant based and minimize those things, then you automatically have a low fat diet. I like it because it's pretty brainless :) I eat as much as I want all day every day and only have to worry about getting enough calories. It's basically impossible to overeat and the concept of counting calories or getting too many is completely foreign to me. And I still eat burgers, pizza, lasagna, enchiladas, fajitas, stews, stir fry, casseroles, etc. They just happen to be made completely out of whole plant foods. It's a fun way to eat :)

Initially I was just plant based, and then one day cut out oil (out of curiosity mostly), and I dropped 15 lbs immediately. It hasn't come back. I weigh now what I did after high school.

If you're interested you can look at web sites like fatfreevegan or Happy Herbivore. Even if you're not interested in adopting a plant based diet, you still might find some meals that you like (and they'll automatically be low fat :)). If you want some recipes I can send you some of my favorite ones.

Best of luck to you.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.