Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Already a member? Simply log in above.

1. Ripped with HiiT Presale

love heavy bag section

Discussion in 'Cathe's Newest and Upcoming Workouts' started by knoxville68, Jan 30, 2013.

1. knoxville68 Cathlete

Love the heavy bag bonus - I add that to various workouts.
    I love this whole series. It's my favorite bar none.
    Jo

2. ReneePruitt Cathlete

I agree! And hardstrikes is so fun.

3. DirtDiva Cathlete

I bought a heavy bag and suspended it from the ceiling for this and I am NOT regretting this decision. I was naturally attracted to it since I love kickbox to begin with, what a fun workout!

4. ReneePruitt Cathlete

Gosh now u r making me want a bag!

5. FitVicky Cathlete

Me too, Renee

Just wondering, Jo or DirtDiva, if you feel any pain or discomfort during this workout. I just worry that I will have pain or joint problems from the impact of hitting the bag (I know you wear gloves). Just wondering before I make any further purchases.

Vicky

6. DirtDiva Cathlete

Vicky, I don' feel any discomfort striking the bag with the gloves I have. They are TITLE Gel World Bag Gloves (Leather) and have an amazing inner pocket for your hands. I also don't have to use any additional wraps for my hands. You can get these from Amazon and I think I paid $75 for them. The good is they are all leather and they do not have any weird smell and my hands stay very comfortable in them (plus they come in pink) :). My heavy bag is a 70 pound Everlast (PolyCanvas) and I suspended it to the ceiling with a marine winch, and this is all personal preference as to how you want to strike at your bag. This way I could lower and raise it to my height or if I want to do kicks. It wasn't difficult thing to do, just a few trips to Fleet Farm for a hook, chain and winch, etc.

The routine is a stress reliever, there is something about hitting a bag, and its a great change up from straight kickbox. There is an investment here. I wouldn't buy the cheapest gloves, or bag either. I figure I put $175 in this with the hanging system, but I love the variety it brings to my gym. Also I'm able to lower the bag and drag it to a corner of my gym and its completely out of the way. The Wavemaster was a little bit too big and nearly every square foot of my gym is occupied, so that's why I went with a hanging bag.