I bought a heavy bag and suspended it from the ceiling for this and I am NOT regretting this decision. I was naturally attracted to it since I love kickbox to begin with, what a fun workout!

Me too, Renee

Just wondering, Jo or DirtDiva, if you feel any pain or discomfort during this workout. I just worry that I will have pain or joint problems from the impact of hitting the bag (I know you wear gloves). Just wondering before I make any further purchases.

Vicky

Vicky, I don' feel any discomfort striking the bag with the gloves I have. They are TITLE Gel World Bag Gloves (Leather) and have an amazing inner pocket for your hands. I also don't have to use any additional wraps for my hands. You can get these from Amazon and I think I paid $75 for them. The good is they are all leather and they do not have any weird smell and my hands stay very comfortable in them (plus they come in pink) :). My heavy bag is a 70 pound Everlast (PolyCanvas) and I suspended it to the ceiling with a marine winch, and this is all personal preference as to how you want to strike at your bag. This way I could lower and raise it to my height or if I want to do kicks. It wasn't difficult thing to do, just a few trips to Fleet Farm for a hook, chain and winch, etc.

The routine is a stress reliever, there is something about hitting a bag, and its a great change up from straight kickbox. There is an investment here. I wouldn't buy the cheapest gloves, or bag either. I figure I put $175 in this with the hanging system, but I love the variety it brings to my gym. Also I'm able to lower the bag and drag it to a corner of my gym and its completely out of the way. The Wavemaster was a little bit too big and nearly every square foot of my gym is occupied, so that's why I went with a hanging bag.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.