Looking for supplements to take pre/post foot surgery for a healthy recovery

BAM

Cathlete
My boyfriend is having foot/ankle surgery next week and I know there are supplements that he can take that would help him. Homeopathically speaking, I know Arnica is good pre and post surgery. If you've had any experience with other homeopathic remedies or supplements that have helped with your recovery, I would love to hear about them.

Thank you!

Bam

I am a pharmacist and strongly recommend that your boyfriend consult with his surgeon about the use of supplements because they can interact with medications used during and after surgery. The ability to clot could be affected, resulting in bleeding. Following the surgeon's instructions for wound care and activity after surgery is the best thing to do to promote healing. Good luck.

I am a pharmacist and strongly recommend that your boyfriend consult with his surgeon about the use of supplements because they can interact with medications used during and after surgery. The ability to clot could be affected, resulting in bleeding. Following the surgeon's instructions for wound care and activity after surgery is the best thing to do to promote healing. Good luck.

Thank you! I absolutely agree about interactions and do not want to create any problems. I do know there are some "safe" remedies that can be taken. For example, Arnica, in the homeopathic form, has been used for a long time pre and post surgery without incident and has ameliorated healing. In this manner, there is no interaction with other meds and I was curious if anyone had used other similar type remedies that are "safe."

He absolutely will be following the proper care according to the surgeon's instructions. I want him well, healed and healthy! :) Thank you again for responding.

Bam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.