Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

So on a whim I signed up for the free 10 day trial of Les Mills OnDemand. Super easy set up and had the Roku app connected in 30 seconds this morning. I did BodyStep Athletic remix 101. Its spliced together sections from several workout. I loved it. The instructors do a great job - there are leaders doing modifications for every exercise for low impact - really fun. Can't wait to try some more. And best of all - I had no streaming issues!! I was getting frustrated with Fitness on Demand - they have good workouts and music too but technical issues made it hard to use. I still have FOD for another week so I may still try a couple more - we'll see!

Belinda - No- I have not done 21DF - the only Autumn I've done is Hammer & Chisel. I thought she was ok in that.

I heard once that jumping off the box or step was risky to tear and achilles tendon... after I heard that I stopped jumping off and just step off.

I'm so glad I read this. I had some issues with Achilles back in 2005 when I did a LOT of yoga exclusively and I had some ultrasound treatment for it - I'd almost forgotten about it because it has never come back after I switched to doing different kinds of workouts, but a couple of days ago I felt that slight twinge in my left heel when I went into a rear lunge.

The only thing that I've done recently that was really different to my pre-Cathe workouts was jumping up and down on the step. I've always done some step but never so much jumping and I suspected this had aggravated the old injury. The only other thing is I'm now using much heavier weights than I'd done before....

I'm sad because I was enjoying the jumping, it was making me feel more 'advanced' but I think I need to go carefully...not had an injury in so long. I wonder if I'm maybe not controlling the jump as well as I could....

My workout is done. Coffey Fit Raw Athletic Training #1, 28 minutes, heart rate 135 average, 165 max, 169 calories, 1,936 steps. I then did Lite Strong Body Stacked Sets Lower Body , 41 minutes, 212 calories, met 6.0, 1,065 steps, heart rate average 109, max 145. I wanted a bit more cardio so did Lite Cardio Party Calorie crush on the step, 16 minutes, met 9.0, 116 calories, heart rate average 157, max 188, 1,520 steps. Finished with Lite extended stretch #1 , 13 minutes, 35 calories, met 3.0, 20 steps. Total time was 98 minutes, 532 calories, 4,541 steps. I am not sure about my feelings on Stacked Sets Lower Body. I decided to push myself to do it again since I have only done it once. It went better this time, but still I think it is going to be more of a workout that I dread. I wonder if I will like the Upper Stacked. I have not purchased it yet. I almost think that I would like the body weight and bands first. I want it mostly for the Calorie Crush though. The other is a bonus. I do like that Upper Stacked contains the lower pyramid, even though I have that one, it would be nice to do a total body without removing the dvd.

Stacked sets lower body weights
Round 1 A and Round 1 B weights
barbell squats 30# 32 reps 30# 32 reps
alternating cross tap lunges 10# dbs 12# dbs 10# dbs 12 # dbs
barbell plie squats 30# 32 reps 30# 32 reps
alternating rear lunge with 2/2 deadlift 12# dbs 10 reps 12# dbs 10 reps
side to side pivoting squats 15# db 38 reps 15# db 38 reps

Round 2 A and Round 2 B
static lunges 15# dbs 32 reps 15# dbs 32 reps (up from last time)
wide squat to side lunge 10# 12 reps 10# 12 reps
wide stance deadlift 35# barbell 10 reps 35# 10 reps
forward-diagonal lunge combo 12# 24 reps 15# 24 reps ( up from last time which was 10# for both round)
side/crossback/side lunge combo 12# db 12 reps 12# db 12 reps

Belinda, I think that we learn after so many injuries that our bodies are probably not meant to do some of the things these workouts have in them. I always figure these athletes that get injuries will probably pay big time as they age.

Doreen, I enjoyed Les Mills when I had the 30 day trial. Those newer cycling ones are pretty cool. I liked the step workouts and the combat workouts. A lot of them are spliced together workouts. I had done some that I would think I did it before and it was just because I had done part of it before. I tried some of the Grit workouts. After 30 days though, I was not feeling buying a package. You can look at all of the tracks before you do a workout. They get kind of repetitive. I never had a problem with streaming Les Mills with my Roku.

Pippin, I have read that about jumping off the bench or box too. I think it is really hard on the joints. I am more careful myself after having a torn miniscus and with all of the arthritis I have developed. I still jump, but do not always jump off and on with both feet. Landing right is crucial for the joints. Doing many reps of that is looking for an injury imo. I have injured my shoulder doing plyo push ups too. Be careful with what you do. I am of the opinion that a little goes a long way. There are many moves that are advanced that won't injure you. If you feel something is wrong try something else. :)

Good morning,

D31 AAA (Arms, abs + A$#) is done. I will do a nice stretch later. My hips are tight with all those butt/band workouts.

Diane - we sure do :) Wished I listen to my body years ago. It took me awhile to back down. I feel so much better not to beat myself up.

Pippin - yesterday I came across an article on FB about very intense workouts. It was an interesting read.https://www.shape.com/fitness/tips/dana-linn-bailey-rhabdo-hospital-intense-crossfit-workout?utm_content=link_new&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=shape_shapemagazine&utm_medium=social&utm_term=391EB4B6-5CA5-11E9-AB88-75A50F4A2151&fbclid=IwAR1JXvFmVZ01cB8rwhuaHYq8c5piEGJ8sSVuAukf-W4qMXmFBQbue_8Fo-c I just can't do all that jumping/high impact anymore. I really don't miss it, lol.

I need to get a good stretch in. BBL I hope!

Reactions: WD
Good morning! I honestly can't imagine working that hard!! Unless my life was in danger I would probably stop short because of the pain and fatigue to take a personal break!!

I did Bodypump #88 this morning. So I can see the RIP series from Fitness on Demand is a copy-cat of these workouts....and I think Les Mills does it better. Better instructors, better music and better production - even recorded live. Their app is even better. So - when I want to do this kind of barbell work I'll pay the extra $6/mo for the better app that doesn't cut out!

Today I did Kelly Coffey Step Boxing 2 both combined workouts, 49 minutes, 360 calories, met 8.3, heart rate average 150, max 175, 4,641 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Intervals #3, 27 minutes, heart rate average 134, max 157, 196 calories, met 8.5, 1,879 steps.
Total time was 76 minutes, 556 calories, 6,520 steps. I have to run errands and get a package sent off.

Belinda, nice work today.

Doreen, I thought that Les Mills on Demand had really good quality to it. The only ones I did not care for on some of the quality was some that I think were older filmed yoga. The lighting was bad. The people did not look good. I would complain if I was them. LOL Time goes by pretty fast with the Body Pump workouts. The music is fun. I wish people in our country could use fun music. It seems laws make it too costly to get permission. If you could make your own music I suppose it would be less costly to a point. I get tired of hearing the same music selections on multiple instructors dvds. It gets really old and is disappointing

Today was a goof-off day of sorts. I did 20 minutes of Jazzercise abs and then finished with several Youtube dance videos by ReFit Rev. I don't know why I try all this dancy stuff- I'm really bad at it but think it's good to just move in different ways.

Today I did Lite Metabolic Basic Mix #10, main+ calorie crush+Pyramid Pump back+abs #2+ extended stretch #2, (I had to lower the metabolic rate on this from 7.10 to 6.1, 400 calories, heart rate average 110, max 163, 76 minutes, 2,781 steps. I will be back in awhile. DH and I have some things to go out and do today.

This morning DH and I went to the farmers market. I am so happy it's open again.This afternoon DH and I did cardio. This workout is tough. It was 36 min.

Doreen - I totally agree! Dancing is good for you.

Diane - good job today.

See you all tomorrow.

This morning I tried KCM Slim Scultping using the Fitness on Demand App. I have not done that DVD before and have been wanting to try it. The app has wo 1 &2 but as one long video.... so cumbersome. You would have to watch all the credits from wo 1 play before it moved to wo 2. I only did workout 1 but I did like it. Like usual Kelly delivers a solid KB workout.

Doreen, I like the premixes on the Slim Sculpting dvd. It has a great 32 minute core workout mix that is all done with the kettlebell. Also there is one premix that is no overhead work. Sometimes we need one of those days just to do some fun work like dancing around. I wouldn't want anyone to see me do it LOL I am sure I look silly.

Belinda, nice work. Great that your husband is hanging in there with you even with the cardio work.

Good morning,

I did D33 booty early this morning. Just getting around to post. I also did Cathe Total Body Stretching - Basic Stretching. I forgot how good of a lower body stretch that was. Need to pull that one out more often. Made me realized how much I miss the old crew :(

Doreen - great job yesterday.

Diane - the workouts are great. DH likes the workouts as much as I do.

That's it for you me today.

This morning I did Michelle Dozois Cardio &Strength Club routine #5. Very fun - I only used 10# for heavy and 5# for lights - I've found these are much better to consider cardio and metabolic and not try to go too heavy.

The Raw Real Raw 3 workout went like this:
38 minutes
each muscle group worked one side at a time to elicit more core work and focus. Simple cardio interspersed. I think about 3 times in place of rests to keep energy up.
Kelly uses 10,12,15# dbs and for the finishers at the end 8# dbs
The music on this one is fun. Songs like Living on a Prayer, Old time rock and Roll :)
2:41 minute warm up exercises are done 30 sec each She uses a weight bench
back
1 arm rows 15# dbs 30 sec right 30 sec. lft
1 arm row slight change in positions 15# 30 sec rt. 30 sec lft
1 arm row with opposite leg lift behind 30 sec rt 30 sec lft
cardio
chest
12.5 # dbs 1 arm bench press 30 sec rt 30 sec lft
1 arm bench press with opposing leg lift 30 sec each side
1 arm bench press double leg raise up and down 30 sec each side
cardio
12.5 # 1 arm biceps curl 30 sec each side
15# db (12.5 was a bit too light) balance on 1 leg bicep curl 30 sec repeat on other side
Shoulders
10# dbs lateral raise both arms
10# dbs 1 leg balance lateral raise both arms 30 sec then switch legs 30 sec
Squats
no weight single leg squat 30 sec each side
15# dbs squats single leg 30 sec each side
15# dbs side to side tap squat
Triceps
10# dbs double arm kickbacks
10# 1 leg dbl arm kickbacks right
10# 1 leg dbl arm kickbacks left
Cardio
Bench butt kick hops
bench butt kick hops landing 1 leg
bench hops on and off (like in Melt down where you are holding onto the step)
Finisher done twice with slight change in a couple of moves 8# dbs
run rows
chest standing lift out and front by clavicle second time she does a pec deck
running biceps curls switching to hammer curls the second time through
front raise alternating right and left -- Kelly does the shoulders last second rnd holding the dumbbells together in front and moving elbows up and down(like chicken wings)
overhead triceps extension both weights held together

Belinda, I keep realizing how much I need the stretching. I don't think I have that Cathe Stretch. I have the Stretch Max dvd. I never purchased Cathe's abs hits either. I like Stretch Max. I used to do the band stretch the most.

Doreen, sometimes light weights are best. Particularly when getting the heart rate up at the same time. I almost felt that 10's were a bit heavy for some of the moves particularly shoulder today. Maybe it was just me and worrying about my shoulder issues.

Good morning,

Day 34 Cardio Core is done. Tough workout. I did all the high impact on my rebounder. I really like the different jump robe moves, so much fun on the rebounder.

Diane - my body is reminding me daily to stretch. The TB stretch is one of Cathe's first stretch dvd I believe. They are short 13-16 min 3 stretches on the dvd. Getting ready to do #2 today. I love Stretch Max with the bands too. One of my favorite.

Doreen - I agree with Diane. Sometimes light weights are best. Especially since we always lift heavy. Change is good. Your body will thank you.

Off to the shower. BBL!

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Real Raw #2 Cardio Hiit, 36 minutes, 265 calories, heart rate average 140. max 168, met 7.0, 3,366 steps. I have ladies game day at 9 so need to run and get ready. I will check back later.

I have today off so just now getting my workout done.... I did Slim Sculpting 2 off the Fitness on Demand app. Not sure I liked this one as much as workout 1 but I am guessing the premixes with 1 & 2 would be good.

I also noticed when I logged into FOD app this morning they had loaded about 20 new classes - all from Daily Burn 365 Series. They must have gotten an agreement with Daily Burn. None of the Black Fire series by Bob Harper though.

Belinda, as you describe the Total Body Stretch, I think I had that and a body weight workout from Cathe, that I have no clue where they went to. If I remember right, I like the other stretch workout better, but the stretches are longer. I pull my rebounder out quite a bit when I think there is excessive jumping.

Doreen, I have mostly used the Pre-mixes from Slim Sculpting. 20 new classes is pretty good.

Good morning,

D35 TB Core is done.

Diane - the TB stretch has 3 short stretches. They are pretty good. My rebounder is set up so I can jump on it when I need it. I really like the rebounder for high impact workouts. My knees are saying THANK YOU every time :)

Doreen - looks like Fitness on Demand has a nice variety of workouts.

Happy Hump Day everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.