Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

A stretch today from Raw and yard work :) I am headed to bed.

Doreen, nice that the workout got a lot of steps in and was low impact.

Belinda, I hope the birthday was fun. Yes, taking care of the knees is important.

Back into the LITE Rotation this morning with Stacked Sets Lower body. Following my arrows from last time and woah!!! I ended with the warm up from Imax 3 as an active cooldown and light stretch (I quit after the standing warmup stretches) to flush out my legs.

Reactions: WD
Hi everyone,

We had a blast yesterday. We stayed over night. Just finished my workout. L4 Week 5 D1 Chest/Triceps 50?50 + 2 mile walk is done.

Diane Sue - thanks for the birthday wishes for my son. Great job today.

I will be back later.

Coffey FIt Raw Ripped and Ride February Uses 10# dumbbells and a 20# ketlebell and piece of equipment
weight work is timed at 1 minutes for each exercise
cycling was around 4 and a half minutes each time. The last was shorter and I stayed a bit longer
warm up on bike, Kelly does triceps push ups on the handle bars while pedaling and arm rotations
rnd 1 hammer curl both 10 #dbs into 1 arm arnold press, alternate to other arm next hammer curl
squat holding 10# dbs at shoulders knee up twist
kettle bell double arm swing (Kelly says you can do a variety of kettle bell work if you want)
Spin bike
rnd 2
1 DB side to side step while push and pull forward back
1 DB side to side moving db from the hip
single arm throw with 10# db (I was a bit worried about the shoulder with this and was very careful with form)
kettle bell swing
Spin Bike 4.5 minutes
alternating front lunge with double arm row 10# dbs
plie squats set dumbbells on the floor plie pick dumbbells up 10# dbs
kettle bell swings
spin bike 3.5 minutes
to the floor wide bench press 10# dbs hips slightly elevated
alternating wide bench press alternating hips elevated
modified pull over 1 or two 10# dbs hips slightly elevated
1 or 2 dbs skull crusher to sit up

Pyramid Pump Lower Body Scrambled 12,10,8,10,12 reps
Step Ups 10,12,15,12,10# dbs
rear slide lunges 8,10,12,10,8# dbs
elevated lunges 8,10,12,10,8# dbs
side slide lunges 10,12,15,12,10# Db
sliding cross back lunges 8,10,12,10,8# dbs
deadlifts 12,15,20,15,12# dbs
calf raises 10,12,15# dbs 30,25,20,25,30 reps

Doreen, I would never have thought of using and Imax warm up for an active cooldown. Nice work today.

Belinda, that is great that you had so much fun and stayed the night.

Diane - Ripped & Ride looks good! I'm about due for another month of Raw!

This morning I did Michelle's Club routine #7 Cardio interval burn again.... it was just as fun and just as sweaty the second time!

Today I did Lite Cardio Party, 40 minutes, met 8.0, 283 calories, 3,752 steps, heart rate average 138, max 173, and wore 1# gloves. I then did Lite Pyramid Pump Upper body rearranging the order of the exercises to see how more shoulders would handle it, starting with arms. I did okay but lowered on some of the chest and the shoulders. Generally I go a bit higher than Cathe on all of it. This was 45 minutes, heart rate 103 average, 130 max, met 6.0, 239 calories, 826 steps. Total time was 85 minutes, calories burned 522, steps 4578. I will work abs tomorrow since I have run out of time.
Pyramid Upper weights 8,10,12,10,8 reps for all
back pullover 10,12,15,12,10# dbs superset with standing single arm back fly 8,10,12,10,8 # db
chest fly on ball 10,12,15,12,10 # dbs superset with incline press on the ball 10,12,12,10,10# dbs
standing triceps kickback 8,10,12,10,8# dbs super set with lying extensions on ball 10,12,15,12,10# dbs
biceps sweeper curls 10,12,15,12,10 # dbs superset with incline curls on the ball 10,12,15,12,10# dbs
shoulders overhead press 8,10,12,10,8# dbs superset with incline front raise on the ball 3,5,8,5,3# dbs

Doreen, Kelly is doing a new Ripped and Ride each month. I like them.

Hi everyone, thought I posted this morning :(

Today I did Lite Body Weights & Bands with my friend.

Warm Up
Puddle Jumpers w/loops around the ankle- side to side (22 single, than1 single/single/double = 1/ 12 total
Fire walkers w/loos - 4 steps to the right, 4 steps to the left = 12 times total
Side to Side Sumo Squats w/ posture band pulls - LB loops+ UB w/bands- 2 side/to side/than 4 pivot to the back L+R, 4 side to side, side to side pivot to the back. 4 side to side, 4 pivot to the back, than she does 2 to the side, 2 to the back = 4 times total
Bow and Arrow w/a side Lunges to the back w/bands - 16 reps/switch side
Standing Tricep Overhead Extensions/ w bands- 1.5 count = 4 times total, 4 single, 4 half way, 4 single, 2 half way, than 2 all the way down.
Tricep Press Down - 10 reps/ 7 pulse way/4 slow/7 pulses/ 4 slow/7 pulses, 4 slow/switch to the other side
Front Raise in Tree Pose w/band -4 one arm front raise / 3 pulses= 4 sets - last set she did a tree pose with the 6 pulses/switch side
X Pattern Rear Delt Pulls w/band - 4 L + 4 R/ 7 pulses = 4 sets total - Note: Leslie does those in her walks!!!
Single Leg Deadlift with Rear Triceps Pulses w/Tubing- 3 single deadlift/ 5 rear pulses (triceps) = 1 set/1 sets with a bonus pulses/ switch to other leg
Single Arm Bicep Curls w/ tubing - of the back leg/ both handles in one hand = 16 reps/ step in w/the left leg do 16 pulses, switch sides
Standing single Overhead Press w/ tubing - 16 reps/ switch to the left side
Rear Lunges with Bicep Curls w/tubing - 2 back lunges w bicep curls/ stand up 3 bicep pulses = 4 sets, 8 bonus pulses - switch to the other side!
Upright Rows w/tubing - both feet in the band/ 1.5 count = 4 total, pulse 3/1 at the top, 1.5 count= 4 sets/pulse 3/1 count = 1 sets
Push Ups on your knees - down 3 up 1 = 8 reps/ little break/ 8 on your knees 2:2 count/ rest/ down 1 up 3 = 8 reps
Double Arm Rows sitting w/bands- criss cross the bands - 8 reps/ 32 pulse/ 8 rows/ 16 pulses
L Position Pulses w/loops - 32 pulses w/a hold 16 count hold - switch to the other side
Hip Dips with Leg Press / Inner Thigh Press w/ loop - hip dip w/ a leg press (bent knee w/a side plank) = 12 reps, change opposite leg and do inner thigh leg lifts = 32 reps/ switch position and do the other side.
Glute Squeezes w/band across your hip bone - 8 reps/ 8 high pulses, 16 pulses w/a leg lift, 8 reps/8 high pulses/ 16 pulses with the other leg, 4 slow, 8 high pulse
Stretch

I also did Lite Pyramid Bonus Tricpes: workout was under 7 min.

Those are the weights Cathe used. I matched her on all the weights. My triceps are fried.

Superset 1:
Standing Kick Backs - 5's/ 12 reps
Lying Extension on Ball - 5's/ 12 reps

Superset 2:
Standing Kick Backs - 8's/ 10 reps
Lying Extension on Ball - 8's / 10 reps

Superset 3:
Standing Kick Backs - 10's / 8 reps
Lying Extension on Ball - 10's/ 8 reps

Superset 4:
Standing Kick Backs - 8's/ 10 reps
Lying Extension on Ball - 8's / 10 reps

Superset 5:
Standing Kick Backs - 5's / 12 reps
Lying Extension on Ball - 5's/ 12 reps

Review on the Lite Body Weights & Bands. I liked it. It's better than her other band workout which I never use even when I travel.Is it a must in my collection...NO! If I travel I don't want to schlepp around, tubing, bands and loops. I also used my tubing for a lot of exercises instead of the bands. For the bands press down, I used my loop instead. My Cathe green bands are tough as nails :) I don't think they ever gonna give in.

Diane Sue - how you like the Pyramid workouts? Next time I will pick up heavier weights.

Good night.

Belinda, I like the Pyramid workouts. I am able to go a bit heavier, but as quickly as you move through 5 sets I would not want to go too heavy..

Diane Sue - I had 5's, 8's, 10's and 15's out for triceps.I was going to pick up my 15's, but than Cathe pyramid down already, lol. I do like the Pyramid workouts too. They are short. Not sure, if I would use them a lot? I never use the ones from ICE. I always forget about them, or my arms are already fried from the workout I did, lol.

Good morning,

Got my workout in early, need to take my dog to the vet. I think, he is going blind. I did a 3 mile walk.

I will try to review PHA later. Hopefully I have time. BBL!

t's me again, just got done reviewing PHA2.

Great workout, time went by fast. Cathe moves from one exercise to the next with no breaks. I matched Cathe on all exercises. Could have gone heavier. So far, I really like all the weight workouts I have done. I hope I will review a few more this week.

Round 1:
Side to Side Sumo Squats - #15/12 reps (side to side counts as one rep)
One Arm row - #15/10 reps each side (alternating rows with palm facing forward and then back = 1 rep)
Forward leaning Glute Lunge - 10#12 reps each side (1 foot on topper of the step)
Pullovers on the step- 12's
Standing Squats -15's / 12 reps
Pushups - 5 reps (down 2 up 2, 2 singles = 1 rep)
Rear Lunges of the step w/3 risers - 10's/12 reps each side
Close Crip Bench Press - 15's/(5 sets ( down 2 up 2, 2 singles count = 1 set)
Repeat all exercise one more time.

Round 2;
Side Lunge - 15#/12 reps each side
Biceps curls - 12's/12 reps (2/2 count)
Elevated Push Dips with one leg on step (3 risers each side) - 8 lb DB's /12 reps/each side
Side to Front Lateral Raises - 5's/ 24 reps ( front of the hips than to the side) second time around I got this one!
Static Lunge - 15# /12 reps each side
W curls - 12's/12 reps (2/2 count)
Deadlifts 15's/ 12 reps - (2/2 count)
Lying Triceps Ext. - 10's (2/2 count) Cathe elevates her legs on the step. I didn't.
Repeat all the exercises one more time.

Stretch

Hope you all had a great workout today.

That is it for me today. Have a great Wednesday, everyone!

Belinda, I have been going heavier than Cathe on most of the Pyramid exercises. It is harder when you do the entire Pump Pyramid workout than separating them out to go heavy. The PHA 2 looks great. Thanks for posting the review.

Diane Sue - you are welcome! Do you have the Pump Pyramid dvd? Is it the same as the Pyramid UB + LB? I haven't reviewed the Pump Pyramid yet? Some how they all look the same. Maybe I need to take a look this weekend. I agree, if you do the entire Pump workout you probably can't go too heavy.

This morning I did stacked sets upper body. I kept same weights as last time but now have notes on where to increase. Then I did a couple youtube songs from ReFitRev for some steps.

This morning I started with Kelly Coffey Step Boxing 2 workout #1 with weights, 32 minutes, 220 calories, met 8.3, 2,772 steps heart rate average 127, max 151. I then did Flex Train, 57 minutes, heart rate 11 average, max 152, 358 calories, met 7.5, 1,921 steps. I finished with Suzanne Bowen Barre Amped relaxation stretch, 15 minutes, met 2.0, 37 calories. Calories burned was 615. I used Cathe's weights in Flex Train. Lots of reps and for some reason it did not seem as easy as I remember it being. Maybe I am just not doing enough high rep workouts. They are not a favorite. Plus moves I do not like. I should make myself do these more I guess. I will. It is freezing cold. We had a storm lat night and you could hear the ice beating down. My husband had to drive in crawling traffic to work this morning. Schools are closed.
I don't expect Cathe's Metabolic workout to arrive till probably Saturday. I saw on my Informed Mail delivery that a package is expected to come in On Saturday. I will probably do it on Monday. Maybe I will try the extended stretch and abs on Sunday morning. I will see how it goes.

Belinda, the Pump Pyramid dvd is all of the Pyramid bonuses put together on one dvd. I starts with the lower body warm up and lower body then moves to the upper body. It has premixes and I did a scrambled one the last time. I believe there is one that alternates upper and lower. There are time savers and you can do just lower body or just upper. It seems odd when you do just upper because they do the lower body stretch first and Cathe says welcome to Pyramid lower body and you are doing upper body. The first time, I went back to see if I had started the wrong workout. The entire workout is long and the first time I thought I was going to add to it. By the time I was done with it and had started with a shorter cardio, I was spent.

Doreen, I like doing some cardio, even if very short when I do an all weight workout. Nice work today.

Last edited:
Diane Sue- that's what I thought. My fried does have the Pump Pyramid dvd, it looked super long. I believe it's a 1.5 hour long? I have not reviewed all the Pyramid workouts. I guess, I will have to do it next. I still have to do Stacked LB first. Which I think I will do this weekend. I have more time. Nice job yesterday!

I started this morning with a Club Routine - cardio and strength and did 2 blocks of that before deciding I wasn't up to continuing! So I did a couple more routines from the ReFitRev youtube site. I got 5800 steps though! I need to try to get to bed earlier- I think that's why I was dragging this morning.

This morning I did Cathe's Fit Split mixed Impact cardio only time saver, 29 minutes, heart rate average 126, max 150 ( I sure felt it should have been higher), 2,525 steps, met 7.5, 200 calories. I took the met level down from what the workout manager has. It just did not coincide with everything else even with my own weight and that met. I am guessing that the met values are based on after burn for those Hiit type workouts. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Cardio Crush , 32 minutes, heart rate average 134, max 158, 2,149 steps, met 8.3, 233 calories. Anyway, the time with the Fit Split is really short because a lot of it is warm up and stretch which takes the heart rate average down. I always have a hard time understanding the way the Hiit workouts work. I finished off with a newer Sarah Beth Yoga on You Tube which held the stretches longer. This was a 20 minute morning yoga that was a bit over 19 minutes, met 2.2, 46 calories, 14 steps :p I have to count all of those steps. Total time was 80 minutes, calories burned 479. Steps 4688.

Belinda, yes Pyramid Pump is 90 minutes if you do it with the abs added to it. Otherwise it is around 80 minutes.

Doreen, I am finding that when I get to bed earlier, I have so much more energy. I really need at least a full 7 hours of actual sleep or more is even better. Often it ends up being less. That was a good amount of steps for your workout.

I did 45 minutes of Club Routine Cardio Strength #6 this morning. I like this one too. All the routines are fund but the club routines I think are the best. Its fun and motivating to see real women doing these. They stop, take breaks, modify etc. Some are killing it and keeping right up with Michelle.

Last night I stopped by the thrift store to poke around. And I found a surprise- the complete BodyShred 12 disc set by Jillian Michaels for $5! I had bought it, worked through all the routines and then sold it thinking I would not ever revisit it and wanted some money back out of it. Well - for $5 I don't mind owning it to do a workout or two every now and then. I'm busy ripping them all to my hard disc so I can stream them to my Roku. Since Jillian has these set up as Push workouts and pull workouts I'm contemplating doing them in a rotation with Fit Split so I get heavy lifting Push and then Hiit Cardio push on one day and the Pull Lifting adn then Pull cardio. I may try that and see how well it would work.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.