Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Good morning,

JS Floor Barre + Barre abs, buns & thighs is done. I also did S&H Back.

Diane Sue - I like planks workouts. I do have neck issues too with ab workouts. I had high hopes for her last few series. I will not order the new series. I have more than enough low impact workouts already. I hardly do the workouts I already have :( If the workouts have good reviews I will check them out On Demand instead.

Good job ladies on your workouts. Keep up the good work.

That's it for me today. Have a great day.

Reactions: WD
Today I did Cathe Live Vertical loading #2, 59 minutes, heart rate average 103, max 125, 1,256 steps, met 4.2, 273 calories. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Floor work as a finisher, 25 minutes, met 3.5, 100 calories heart rate 95 average max 130, 203 steps. I finished off with Coffey Fit Raw stretch stopping at 22 minutes (I started feeling like I was spending too much time on the workout and had originally planned on doing only 15 minutes of the stretch, but like it so much I didn't want to stop there. This was 49 calories. Total time 1 hour 46 minutes, 422 calories.
Vertical loading #2 3 rounds of 6 exercises done twice
rnd 1
seated overhead press 12# dbs 16 reps first round 16 reps, 8 alternating reps then 8 reps 2nd round 16 reps only
biceps curls crazy 8s 10# first round, 12's second
seated overhead extensions 12# dbs 12 reps
squats and lunges first round done out of order as chest was supposed to be here 15# dbs 8 squats 8 lunge rt. 8 squats 8 lunge left second time a bonus of squats
incline chest press 12# dbs 16 reps second round 15#
Rnd 2
front raise 15# 12 reps second time 16 reps
incline curls biceps 15# dbs 12 reps, 16 reps second time
1 arm row they use 2 12's I used 25# db 16 reps
discs plank jacks push ups
discs rear slide lunge 12# dbs 16 reps
rnd 3
seated rear back flys 8# dbs 16 reps
preacher curls 12# dbs 12 reps
seesaw push ups
back and core superman on ball 24 reps ?
chest flys' 15# dbs 16 reps
alternating cross back lunge to 15 pulses and a bonus on second round 10# dbs

Coffey Fit Raw Floor work
she uses a loop band (fire walker)
push ups to pull back
hip raises with band changing the move each set
sit up knee pull
triceps push down with loop kneeling
kneeling biceps curls with loop band

Doreen, nice work for dragging ;) It looks like you really enjoyed yourself. Laying down for the entire workout sounds like a good one LOL I have a loop band that I purchased for Tracey Staehle's Bootcamp workouts. I think they were her last workouts she made. I also have a big super band one that is tough to pull. My grandson has it with a Super Band dvd workout I loaned him. I should see if he still has it. He keeps switching rooms in their house and I have seen items out in their garage like foam rollers etc.. Hopefully he still has it. I have used the Tracey one more than that one though.

Belinda, nice work today and adding S&H back to your workout :) I still think I would want the new Cathe workouts. I always worry a bit about not buying the downloads and workouts together though as I am afraid they will discontinue dvd players. Buying late will make that more costly if I wanted both. But, I do not have funds right now so I have no choice.

I was sore everywhere but legs this morning. I am thinking tomorrow is going to have to be a non weighted workout for sure.

Diane Sue - I hear you :) I think dvd's will be history soon :( If you worry, you can buy another dvd player. I believe dvd's will get cheaper. Who is gonna buy them? Everyone is going digital or streaming these day's. Good job on your workouts.

This morning was the weekly challenge workout. Lots of lunges!! I only did 4 of the 5 circuits and it took an hour. Once move - a lunge hold single arm snatch I had trouble figuring out and had to keep watching the video demo again. I think by round 3 I got it right.

I'm coming to the point where I would rather not have a bunch more DVDs - even though I would want to keep up with new workouts, new moves, etc. I think that stuff like Cathe Live and Coffee RAW and even stuff on Youtube are going to be where people go. Even beachbody's 80 day obsession was somewhat in that theme of unrehearshed live workouts.

Good morning,

3 mile walk is done. I will do a weight workout later. Running out of time.

Doreen - your workouts look interesting. Great job! I agree with you on a bunch more dvd's.

Diane Sue - have fun with your workouts today.

I will be back later.

This morning I did Cathe Live Cardio Fusion , 41 minutes, heart rate average 143, max 178, met 6.1, 276 calories, 3,913 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Cardio Crush, 32 minutes, heart rate average 134, max 161, met 5.9, 208 calories, 1,784 steps. I finished off with a Sarah Beth Yoga, 15 minutes, 33 calories. Total time 88 minutes, 517 calories.

Doreen, I have a problem with only doing streaming, because you have to keep paying for it or you don't have it. Hence the dvds are better. I guess the fitness sites have to really put out to draw people to keep paying them for their streaming. It seems a set of dvds once in awhile would give the instructor time to recover. I guess It is just the way things are.

Diane Sue - Good point! A set of DVDs does give the instructor recovery time! And I guess I just figured if I picked one streaming service per month I would probably be roughly where I would be in a year if I bought DVDs. I would prefer something like the Purple platform where you buy it, you own it, just don't have a physical DVD. There are a couple other programs out there like that where its digital but you don't keep paying for a monthly service.

Diane Sue - good point! The only streaming I have is SBF :) I pay $79 for a year (got grandfathered) Now the pice is double. I wouldn't pay for those high monthly streaming fees. Streaming adds up quickly. I prefer downloads these day's, at least I own them or use Purple platform. Although I wished you could download those workouts on PP. I have a backup dvd player for my dvd's. I only got rid of those dvd's I knew I wouldn't use anymore/or don't want to do anymore. I have more than enough dvd's to last me for years. I only use so many dvd's :) I still have some in shrink wrap :( Eventually I will get through to them :) I can't justify buying more if I have so many unused ones already. It doesn't make any sense to me! If you think you will use them...go for it. If the reviews are good...maybe I will pick up the downloads when she offers them 40% off? I prefer downloads over dvd's these day's. I like Purple player too.

Doreen - I feel the same way you are. I don't want the physical dvd's anymore.

Belinda, I keep giving dvd players away. We have two in use and I have one spare in the closet. I gave my grandson one and he passed it on to my daughter. I recently purchased a new blu-ray player with a lot of wifi capabilities. I downloaded purple player to my tablet quite awhile ago when I saw Kelly was selling downloads of her workouts, but I have not used it yet. I pre-ordered her knew workouts.

Diane Sue - I only have one dvd player in use, that one is in my basement gym. I bought a back up dvd player last year when it was on sale at Costco. Nothing fancy. I am not very technical....do blue ray players play regular dvd's? I always thought it plays blue ray dvd's only? I wished Cathe or any other instructors would sell their downloads with all the premixes. Cathe has the premixes OnDemand? Leslie Swanson for instant sell her downloads with premixes :) I also find some of the instructors downloads way to expensive for what you get :(

Morning!

Walked outside for 3 miles + JS Fusion Walk + Rise & Shine, Thinking adding Cathe Muscle Max next week?

I am done for this week. Enjoy your weekend, everyone.

Today I did Caffey Fit Raw Strong and Lean 48 minutes(45 actual) met 5.0 265 calories, 1,733 steps, heart rate 110 average, max 162. I loved this one. I then did Cathe Live Fit Tower Light total body from her last workout, 53 minutes, heart rate 96 average, 126 max, 766 steps, 222 calories, met 3.8. This used body weight for lower body and 3,5,and 8# dbs for upper. 487 total calories 1hr and 41 minutes.
Coffey Fit Raw Strong and Lean
Kelly uses a 33# barbell for most of it, 10# dumbbells, and a 20# kettlebell for kettlebells swings and figure 8's
warm up about 6.5 minutes
cardio punches/squat hops, then just punches front, up, low and all 3
barbell squats 45# my weight 10 reps
kettlebell 20# 20 reps double hand swings
cardio skate hop side to side ending in just hop side to side
biceps curls 45# barbell my weight 10 reps
kettlebell single arm swings 10 and 10 reps 20#
cardio shuffle then mountain climbers hands on barbell
deadlift Kelly used barbell I used two 30# dumbbells 10 reps
kettlebell swings alternating 10 reps 20#
cardio cardio insole slaps/butt kicker jog then just butt kicker jog
clean from the hip I lowered the bar to 35# here 10 reps
figure 8 kettlebell swings 20 reps 20#
cardio wood chop center and side to side then just center with jumps
Thrusters 35# barbell 10 reps
double swing kettlebell 20# 20 reps
cardio punches with a tuck jump
barbell bentover rows 45# barbell
alternating kettlebell swings 20 reps
cardio lateral step shoot ending with 8 reps of just shoot
dumbbell kickbacks I used 8# dbs 10 reps
kettlebell double hand swings 20# 20 reps/ alternating swings 20# 20 reps/ figure 8 20# 20 reps
cardio punch and skater , butt kicker jog, step side shoot
deadlift high pull 35# barbell 10 reps/clean from the hip push press 35# barbell 10 reps
abs and glutes
feet on barbell bridge 20 reps and then 20 pulses
feet under the bar sit ups 20
bench press 20 reps wide, then 20 reps close grip 35# barbell
I think I could have gone heavier with some of this and either need to have two barbells set up or use some dumbbells. Kelly says you can use either. The impact is not to high and the c

Belinda, blu-ray players play both regular and blu-ray discs. You just can't play blu ray discs in a regular player. We have a dvd player in our bedroom dh uses while walking on the treadclimber. One is in the livingroom and I have one in my workout room. Then the one in the closet. I think I have a VHS player in the closet as well. Sometimes the older dvd players do not do as well with the newer dvds. That is why I purchased the blu-ray player. It has 3D capabilities as does the tv. I have never used that feature though. I am not even sure how. I think there are a couple of dvs around here that are 3D and regular. I don't watch many movies so I have never looked.

Diane Sue - thanks for explaining the dvd players :) I don't have any blue ray discs, that's probably why I bought a regular dvd player :) I only have one dvd player in my gym which I use for my workout dvd's. Movies we stream of the tv like Amazon, Netflix or the other thousand tv channels we have :) Oh...I still have my old Mac computer which have a dvd player. I think I am good with dvd players. I am sure eventually you will find all kinds of unwanted dvd players at Goodwill or thrift stores :) Both my kids don't own a dvd player anymore. They think I am old school with my workout dvd's and dvd player. I still have a working VHS player too. I am going through my VHS's now and going through them. No need to keep everything!

Nothing too exciting today. I walked while my daughter's soccer team did warmups. Then we tried to do some school shopping. She is so picky and has really expensive tastes... I say no a lot!!

Doreen, I remember those shopping years with my daughters. My son was so much easier. Nice work getting some activity during the soccer teams warm ups.

Good morning,

Susanne Bowen started a new TB barre challenge. I did TB Cardio Hiit + walked with DH this morning.

I will do some shoulder work later. I am beat right now.

BBL!

This morning I started with Coffey Fit Raw Just Step, 25 minutes, heart rate average 126, max 148, 2,177 steps, 166 calories. I then did Cathe Live PHA 3, 55 minutes(47 actual even though I previewed and had the workout written out) heart rate average 112, max 143, 1,626 steps, met 4.7, 285 calories. I finished with Suzanne Bowen's Relaxation Stretch from her Barre Amped Stretch and Strengthen dvd, 14 minutes, 31 calories.
Total time 94 minutes, 482 calories.
PHA 3 3 exercise groupings done twice (this is fairly quick paced with little rest other than between groupings to get weights ready. I set up two barbells and still adjusted a bit between groupings.
Group 1
crossback lunge with a db toss-12# db (Cathe 10#) 20 reps first round 16 reps 2nd round
barbell curls 40#(Cathe 35#) 16 reps , 10 reps 2nd round
front lunge leg lift 15# dbs (12# dbs Cathe) 16 reps ,12 reps 2nd round
overhead press 12# dbs 16 reps
rear delt flys 10# dbs 3 reps and stand not sure how many reps I did s(cathe does not repeat this in the 2nd round
Repeat all
Group 2
Deadlifts I used two 30# dbs (Cathe 30# barbell) 12 reps toes elevated
triceps extension standing 25# dumbbell (Cathe holds two 12#) 12 reps, 10 reps 2nd round
side to side lunge alternating 12# dumbbells (Cathe 10#) 16 reps, 12 reps 2nd round
push ups (down 2 up 2 singles ) 6 sets
squat toss 12# db (Cathe 10) 16 reps or 32 reps both sides 2nd round 12 reps or 24 both sides
lateral raise 8#dbs
repeat all
Group 3
Front squat heel elevated on 3# dbs 40# barbell (Cathe 30#) 16 reps
barbell upright row 31# (Cathe 30# my ez curl bar weights 11#) 16 reps
reverse lunge 15# dbs (Cathe uses 12#dbs) 12 reps
hammer curl 20# dbs (Cathe uses 15# and I think next time I will go lighter than I did because of pace) 12 reps
Barbell plie squats 40# barbell (Cathe uses 30#) 8 singles, 3 half and up done 3 times and 8 singles
1 arm row 25# (Cathe uses a 15 and a 10 together) 2nd round I used 30# db 16 reps
repeat all

Did my workout late today. I did my Alexia Clark workout, 3 of the 5 circuits - about 50 minutes. I had to keep stopping to keep dinner from burning between rounds. This was a full body workout today.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.