Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

This morning was supposed to be kickboxing.... wrought with techno issues. I started a Body Box premix but the sound was garbled. So I thought maybe something was wrong w/ the premix so I just went to the chapters.. sound still garbled. I've done it before and the sound was fine so I figured it might be my headphones. So I shut them off and reconnected the bluetooth... still garbled. So then I decided it was the disc and switched to Rockout knockout but Cathe came up garbled. Then I decided it my be my headphones so I switched to a different pair of head phones. Still garbled. So thought maybe its the DVD player and I switched to a kickbox workout via Gymbox over ROKU. And the sound was fine!! So it must be my DVD player! Drat! The Gymbox kickbox was three kicking punching combos with weighted punching and standing barre work mixed in. It was fun after all that mess to get going!

Hi everyone,

JS 28 Minute Cardio Ab + 26 Minute Concentrated Abs (Cardio Abs) + Kathy Smith Project You: Lower body is done.

Doreen - sorry about your techno issue today. Good job today.

Diane Sue - have fun with your workout today.

I will be back tomorrow. Have a great day, everyone.

Today's workout was Cardio Slam timesaver step cardio only premix, 18 minutes, 130 calories. This was for a nice warm up before weights. I then did Strong and Sweaty ramped up double back minus the stretch mix and double shoulders minus the warm up premix, (still took extra time to write weights down and change things) 52 minutes, 256 calories. I still want to do Susan Chung Rapid Fire this week and it has a metabolic weight segment in it so I do not want to do any other upper work. I finished off with Les Mills Flow, 21 minutes, 46 calories. Total time was 91 minutes, calories 432.

Doreen, I feel for you on the dvd player. There is nothing worse than wasting time figuring (or not figuring out) the problem. I wonder if you just need to use a cleaner for the player?? I did that recently with mine. I hadn't done that in years and all of my dvd players are pretty old.
Speaking of streaming, someone pointed out that Les Mills had streaming on their website for a monthly fee with a free trial. The workouts look fun and a lot like the dvds. At least you were able to do streaming.

Belinda, I always like Kathy Smith but never bought her Project You. My youngest daughter loved doing her video tapes with me. I gave them to her.

Diane Sue - as always fantastic job on all your workouts. I really like Kathy Smith too. You should get them back from your daughter and give them another try :)

Today I did Susan Chung Rapid Fire Results, 74 minutes, 572 calories. I then did Ice Core 2, 13 minutes, 52 calories. Total time 87 minutes, 626 calories. My husband and I went tot he Garage for lunch today and I am sure my bison burger was probably more calories than I burned. Loads of gooiness, but yummy. Bleu cheese and peppers. It was spicy. Tomorrow I will do lower body. My grandson 6 is spending the night tonight.

Belinda, I often forget what all I have out to family members. I know my granddaughter has Supreme 90, Tracy Anderson Teen Meta, and my daughter has Kathy Smith. Also I gave my granddaughter Zumba Exhilerate. I was just not doing it at all and was going to let my other daughter sell it, but then my granddaughter said she was doing it with her mother and I told her to keep it. Someone gave me back P90X recently. I think I got all of the Turbo Fire dvds back.

Hi everyone,

Today I did JS 40 Minute High Energy Walk* *Include warm up + cool down (Walking for Weight Loss) + JS Stride & Strength + 30 min full body pilates.

Diane Sue - at lest it gets used and not sitting around. I gave dvd's to my DD and she gave them back to me still in shrink wrap :( She joined a gym and love it. Good job today.

that's it for me today. Have a great evening.

I've only lent out DVDs a couple times... once I worked with a lady that also loved DVDs and we would trade back and forth. She was really good about getting stuff back.

This morning I did STS M3 W1 Plyo legs. Whoa! I had forgotten how that sneaks up. I'm feeling my glutes now!

I also checked Insanity Max 30 out from the library again. That came in yesterday.

I read the reviews on Metashred Extreme. Looks really good -lots of work with bands which would be different. I've bumped it up to the top of my wish list but will read through the workouts a few more times before I decide. I want to see what Cathe's fit tower release looks like before I purchase anything. Oh and I still have Tapout xt from my thrift store find that I haven't tested out yet. So plenty to do!

I'm resisting doing a big rotation anyway. I'd much rather pick a theme for the week and slide in workouts to match than be stuck in a rotation. Sometimes I mess up and put too much upper body work or too much lower body work back to back but I think I get a pretty good balance over the course of a week. I'm feeling like I need more cardio after a couple months of the Hammer and Chisel and then SandS but we'll see because winter is my time with my weights. Just so many workouts so little time!!

Today I did a short workout since I had my grandson here. I chose Ice Boot Camp Circuit no upper mix, 36 minutes, 238 calories. I like this mix when I want a bit of cardio and to hit the lower body. Unlike the S&S Bootcamp premix that has the lower body mix but still includes the metabolic segment. I went heavier than Cathe's weights on the lower body weight work. I would have liked to do a lower body stretch. Maybe I will still get it in today.

Belinda, I would hate to see workouts just sitting there in shrink wrap. You never know, maybe your daughter will get tired of the gym and decide to try the workouts.

Doreen, I have just been doing workout weeks too. I am working on more cardio and lighter strength building for a bit right now. I know I will want to get into something else before too long. I wanted to get a little fat loss in from my lounging around and illness. Now I am fighting some allergies but the energy has come back.

Hi everyone,

We went hiking at the e Shenandoah River, it was a beautiful day. We walked for a few hours, I ended up with 24K.

Diane Sue - have fun with your grandson. Good job today. You are right she may want them some day.

Doreen - that's what I been doing, pick a week and do what I want. Works well for me. Good job today.

Thats it for me today. I will be back tomorrow.

Hi girls

Hiking into the wild for the day!. Three mountain tops along the Appalachian Trail complete! That was a tough hike :( Weather was beautiful, perfect for hiking.

Have a great day and workout, everyone.

Today was a rest day. I went to church and came home and took a nap. My allergies are keeping me up at night. Along with a dry mouth issue at night that wakes me up. My dentist gave me two types of lozenges to put in my mouth. The one type would get stuck to the roof of my mouth when I was sleeping and 3 times I woke up and nearly aspirated one. I like the little ones better that kind of stick up under your gums. I am going to the store to try to find something else. I do not have a clue what is causing this problem. I am not on medication or anything so that is not the problem. Tomorrow I plan on doing the first Rapid Fire workout with Susan Chung. I am not sure if I want to do a body part or two each day like I did last week or just alternate days of cardio and weights. I still have not done Ramped up as it is. I have just used the 3 to 3 times mixes for a body part. I don't know if I have done Total Body Giant sets as is either. I need to look. I did do PHA as is once.

Belinda, I bet you got in a good amount of steps when hiking. The weather here is nice too.

Belinda- Great job on your hike. I've always wanted to do the Application trail. Sounds so pretty.

Diane Sue- Good job on your rest day. Hopefully you were able to figure out the lozenge that works better.

Yesterday we took the kids skiing. Its been over 10 years since I've been skiing and the first time for my daughter. Good thing its kinda like riding a bike! We had a great day. This morning I felt a little stiff and dehydrated. So my workout this morning was 20 minutes of foam rolling, 36 oz water and the yoga stretch from Stepletic.

Today I did Rapid Fire Kick Box and Core Burn, 89 minutes, 638 calories. Then I went to Sprouts and Walgreens. I needed some more fruits and vegetables and stuff for some soups that I wanted to make.

Doreen, yesterday sounds like a fun workout. I guess you would feel about skiing after years like I do getting on the bicycle that is out in the garage. My husband wants to ride together. We rode together when we first got married 44 years ago. I don't remember being on a bike since. I want to do it on a week day when not so people are around to see me trying to ride. It brings to mind my mother trying to ride the bike when we first got married. She fell and tore her hand open and we had to take her to the emergency room and get stitches. It sounds like you did just what you needed to get back on top of the dehydration and stiffness. I bet Amy had a nice stretch on Stepletic. She always seems to do a good stretch with her workouts.

Hi everyone,

Today I took it easy :) I did Kathy Smith Project YOU: Foundation + Jessica Smith Walk On: Metabolism Booster Workout #1: Upper Body Circuit Walk = 35 Minutes. We also walked the dogs.

Diane Sue - on Saturday I had over 26K, yesterday I didn't get as many steps in since everything was uphill. We had beautiful weather, perfect to go hiking. Next time I need to bring my hiking boots. Good job with your workouts.

Doreen - I hope you get a chance to do the Application trail. So beautiful. I live right by it. We have trails everywhere. So beautiful. Good job with your workouts.

Good night, everyone.

Belinda, nice work on the miles. I have never came near that many steps in a day. Even walking the fair grounds. I think I was around 16,000 once.

I think my max steps were from a tri-14er day 34k when we hiked 3 summits over 14,000 feet in elevation in one day.

This morning I did Insanity Max 30 - Sweat Intervals and then ICE MM Chest.

Today I did Strong and Sweaty Total Body Giant Sets mix with the abs which took me 70 minutes with changing some weight plate pauses and writing the weights down. 390 calories. I then did Barre Amped strength and stretch, lower body and upper body stretch, 33 minutes, 83 calories. Total calories 473.

Doreen, I bet that that was a lot of steps for a hiking 3 summits. I bet you felt that one when you were done. Nice work.

Hey girls,

I did this morning: JS Flat Ab Power walk (Walk off Body Fat) = 55 min + Kathy Smith Project YOU: Pilates Core.

Good job, everyone.

I keep hearing how good walking is for the body. Better than running. And that they estimate that pre automobile we all walked some 20k or more steps a day...and if everybody did that the obesity problem would basically be solved!! That's something to think on. My non- cardio days I might only get 3- 4 k steps.[emoji53] I finally bought myself a sit to stand desk for work so I don't just sit all day. But I really need to work on walking more.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.