Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Hello! This morning I did a quick lifting routine squats, bench, rows and the finished with a half hour of Gymbox step.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Belinda, I always found the music in Absolute Kickboxing fun.

Doreen, nice job on getting the workout in today.

Good morning,

I forgot to post yesterday, but I did workout. I did Self - Your best butt w/ Violet Zaki. I also did my own UB workouts and walk.

Diane Sue - the music was defiantly better back than. Miss good music.

I will be back later.

Today I had a lot of interruptions, but finally got through my workout. I did Ice Boot Camp circuit basic premix #6 main, blizzard, muscle meltdown biceps, and icy core #1, 84 minutes, 504 calories. I wanted to see how I felt about it over S&S boot camp since there was some thoughts on it. I think it is easier. I think that is because there is not the compound moves along with the upper and lower and it has you doing some ab work with each round. I went heavier than Cathe on lower body and for most upper moves when she gives a choice of weights I took the lower one. At first I was going to do just the lower mix, but I looked over the exercises and decided it was doable. I had a lot of neck pain this morning after coughing all night. The allergies seem to have kicked in. It is supposed to be in the 70's today and 80 tomorrow then drop back down again. My plants don't know what to think. The roses are leafing out.

Belinda, I have not heard of that instructor. I don't think that I have ever purchased a Self workout. I have one from some other company that was a Results workout? It has Tracey Staehle in it and is a metabolic workout. I like it but have not done it in forever. I am not such a fan ofsome of the electronic sounding music they put on workouts now. You hear so many odd background sounds. I believe it is Strong and Sweaty during the ab workout that has some screeching sound in the background that sounds like the brakes on our trash truck. The first time I thought I might have missed trash pick up day. Then there is the Ice one that it sounds like sirens at one point. They are not fun tunes IMO.

Today I did Jessica Smith 20 Minute Sole Sculpt + 20 Minute Core Stretch (Total Body Balance) + Jessica Smith Walk On: 5 Mix and Match Miles Premix #3: 4 Mega Miles.

Good job, everyone.

Good night.

So last night I woke with a huge charlie horse in my calf. OUCH. It was still tight this morning so I stayed pretty easy this morning. I started with some foam rolling, the Great Glutes floor section and finished with x10 fat burning circuit.

Good evening,

I did Jessica Smith 5 mile mix & Match premix 3 plus JS 40 Minute Power (Walking for Weight Loss).

Good job with your workouts, everyone.

Good night.

Rest day today. I had three grandchildren, 2, 9, and 16 overnight. My neck was hurting this morning so I just let it go. My grandson had to leave for wrestling practice so we were up early. My granddaughter 8 and I worked with water color pencils, learning piano music, and playing Disney trivia. I am terrible at Disney trivia. It's not so much the old Disney movies.

Doreen, I hope the Charley horse is bette t. Sometimes movement v helps.

Belinda, you must have a lot of Jessica Smith workouts.

Today the only thing I did was Suzanne Bowen Stretch and Strength Disc 1 Power Stretch and Advanced Active Stretch. I also did the neck segments of Yoga Tune Up Upper Body.

Hey girls,

late check in: Today I did Jessica Smith Walk On: 5 Mix and Match Miles Premix #1: 2-Quick Miles + LS Start! Walking At Home with Leslie Sansone: Beginner/Intermediate - 2 Mile Walk.

Diane Sue - great job on all those stretches. I have all Jessica Smith dvd's and quit a lot of Leslie Swanson :) Those workouts helped me to stay in shape with all my past injuries.

Good night.

Rest day for me today. But I was so excited this afternoon at the thrift to find Tapout xt AND Cathe Basic step! Still excited about Cathe but when I checked the reviews for tapout not many glowing reviews so I may have wasted my $12 on that one. I'm thinking Cathe basic step will be perfect to do with my daughter. I guess I'll try to keep an open mind when I try tapout and see if I can find one I like and will use.

I also saw a Leslie Sansone walk dvd there but I've never tried any of hers so I didn't get it. Maybe next time I will so I can see what the walking dvds are like.

Today I did Susan Chung's Rapid Fire Rock Steady Rock Hard with the bonus heavy bag, 80 minutes, 601 calories. Some of my devices had this higher and of course for kickboxing in the workout manager it is a 10 on the met score. I took it down to a 7 and it still gave me 618. Map My Fitness was closer to 800. Much like Cathe's would have been. I never take those higher readings. I went by the lower ones and heartrate based reading along with what it has been in the past with my Polar devices. I know the measurements the Fit Bit give are off because using the algorithms uses more of the stride length and arm swings, so if you are doing something that does not have that the reading is much lower. I then did Ice Muscle Meltdown Triceps, 16 minutes, 77 calories. I used 12's for this this time. Total time was 94 minutes and calories burned was 678. I really like Susan Chungs workouts. I have all four of them. It was hard to decide which one I wanted to start with today. This one has some tabata drills in it after the intitial kickboxing rounds, then the weights that hit the upper body well. A bit of metabolic work in it. She always seems to have some diferent moves in her workouts and I like the stretches at the ends. The heavybag work is fun and the last segment has you your hands and knees doing hydrants and kicks on the bag.

Belinda, that is great that that those workouts are nice for overcoming injuries. I hear people say they use them quite a lot.

Doreen, I don't have any of the walk dvds, but I think from what I have heard they are all not exactly just walking workouts? I like getting things like that to try out. I hope that you like them all.

Hey girls,

I did LS Start! Walking At Home with Leslie Sansone: Beginner/Intermediate - 1 Mile Walk + Kathy Smith Project:YOU! Fat Burning Long Lean. I also did Jessica Smith 28 Minute Total Body Abs Transformer +4 Minute Tabata (Cardio Abs). That's it for me today.

Debbie - I love walks. Not only they help you with overcoming injuries, they also give you a nice step count. I'll take it, lol! WTG, on your workouts. Nice combo too. I love Susan Chungs workouts. Just the other day I was thinking, I need to pull her dvd's out. So many dvd's and I am already working out like a crazy person :D

Doreen - at first I didn't like indoor walks, but with all my injuries over the years they come in handy. Plus, rain or shine I can go for a walk. I rather walk outside, but with my dog Brawler I can't do long walks. We do talk him for a .5 mile walks almost daily. He seems to enjoy them again. Leslie isn't for everyone, she talks nonstop, lol. Good job on your workout. BTW, if the breaks don't border you on youtube you may find some of her workouts over there. I just can't deal with breaks/commercials:( You still can buy some of the Exercise TV walks/workouts on Amazon. They are hard to find these day's.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

Today I had my doctor appointment so I just did Strong and Sweaty Total Body Giant Sets Lower Body mix #1, 33 minutes, 198 cal0ries. It is tempting to go do some upper body work. I guess I will see. I should do clean max today. I went to Sprouts after my appointment. They had the Ancient Nutrition Bone Broth Protein that Dr Axe sells for 38 dollars and a 2 dollar off coupon. I thought it would be a good way to try it. And it is supposed to be healing. It does not smell very good but by the time I added some dark chocolate and a bit of honey to it, it was okay. The color is a bit odd. I got the vanilla flavored.

Belinda, I was going through my workouts the other day and hit upon hers in my case. I took them all out and put them with the ones on the shelf so I can go through them. I originally was digging for some other ab workouts that I really like.

Doreen, I like Flex Train. I like mixing it up sometimes with either portions of Great Glutes or Lean Legs and Abs. Just for a longer workout :)

Hey girls,

Today I did Kathy Smith Project You: Upper body/core. Not bad for a 30 min workout. I also did JS
40 Minute Power Walk(Walking for Weight Loss) plus 30 min lower body pilates.

Diane Sue - I can't remember the last time I did those workouts? I am enjoying them. Funny, you digging for a ab workout.

Dorren - I have never done Flex Train :( Mine is still in shrink wrap, lol Need to open that one one day, lo. Good job!

I will be back in the morning.

Belinda, nice work today. I am surprised you haven't opened Flex Train yet. I never leave a workout untouched more than a few days.

Today I did Rapid Fire Sweat, 72 minutes, 634 calories. I then did Strong and Sweaty Ramped Up Double biceps timesaver, 21 minutes, 127 calories. I finished off with Barre Amped Strength and Stretch upper body stretch, 13 minutes, 29 calories. Total time 1 hour 41 minutes, 790 calories.

Hey girls,

JS Pilates = 30 min + 20 Minute Sole Sculpt +20 Minute Core Stretch (Total Body Balance) + Kathy Smith Project YOU: Fat Burning Steady Strike: Part 1 + Part 2 = 60 min. I had a lot of energy today day, lol.

Diane Sue - nice mix of workouts today. I haven't open Flex Train yet. Not sure why? I haven't open this one :( I am trying really hard to work through all my dvd's plus decide if I keep them or get rid of them.

Good job on your workouts, everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.