Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Me again! Total body giant sets this morning. I decided to swap out weighted hip thrusts for the pile squats. They are so much easier on my knees and accorning to the glute guy the best for glute activation.... but they are rarely in any wo videos. Only the xtrain 100 rep challenge that I'm aware of. I really liked that modification.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Today I checked over Strong and Sweaty Boot camp no upper premix. I modified a lot and since I was not doing the weights and modifying cardio to keep it all low impact, I did not take all of the rests. I also checked out the first premix that all 6 rounds with the abs. It skips the first cardio which is plunge lunges (I think that is what it is called) I did not do that one, just checked it out since I heard discussion about the first round being missing. It still has the weight segments from the first round. I added a bit more step and off the step reverse lunge to knee ups so the workout was 45 minutes for me, 237 calories. I then did Great Glutes disc, bonus chair, and stretch, 24 minutes, 45 calories. I finished with Barre Amped Lower Body Stretch, changing up whatever kept me from staying more upright. For the most part this was doable as is, 20 minutes, 27 calories. Total time, 89 minutes, 309 calories.

Doreen, I am trying to think that Cathe does do some hip thrusts in some older workouts on the floor work? It has been a long time and I may have added weight on my own since that is something that I have always been prone to doing. I like them for tightening up things. I also like the roll ins with ankle weights because they seem to work well on the hamstring glute area.

Hi everyone,

Today I did 21 DF Cardio Fix and Jenny Ford Step workout.

Doreen, good job making the workout work for you.

Diane Sue - I haven't done the BC workout yet :( I did hear about the missing plunge lunges on VF :( I will check it out next week. How did you like the workout overall?

I will be back tomorrow.

Belinda, I liked the workout. I have no problem with the skipping the first cardio. If I want to do plunge lunges I can add them on. I am notorious for extending warm ups for a few minutes, or startin moving while the dvd is loading. It still has the first round weights and after all it is a premix. Complaints should be left for defective dvds that do not play right. Cathe puts out an excellent product that surpasses what most others contain as far as features and cost.

Today I did Slide and Glide Premix express cardio and stretch, 32 minutes, 190 calories. I did not do the plank jacks and burpees. Instead I just did more standing movements. I followed this with Yoga Tune Up strong knees Knee Hab segment, 20 minutes, 48 calories. Total time was 52 minutes, 238 calories. It was so cold outside this morning. When I got up it was 3 degrees outside.

Good morning,

Sorry for not checking in yesterday. I worked out than I got ready, I needed a birthday gift for my daughter in law. She love Kate Spade purses :) DH and I went to a new outlet that just open close DC (one the belt-way). Beautiful outlet. I actually made out the store without buying a new purse for myself :) All those sale prices are temting to say the least:D I need to use what I already own.

I did 21DF Dirty 30 and Strong & Sweaty Giant Sets. I like Giant Sets, nothing new but fun :)

Diane Sue - good job yesterday.

We are going to celebrate DS's wife birthday today in DC.

Have a great day and workout.

Today I did Slide and Glide Premix express cardio and stretch, 32 minutes, 190 calories. I did not do the plank jacks and burpees. Instead I just did more standing movements. I followed this with Yoga Tune Up strong knees Knee Hab segment, 20 minutes, 48 calories. Total time was 52 minutes, 238 calories. It was so cold outside this morning. When I got up it was 3 degrees outside.
Belinda, I liked the workout. I have no problem with the skipping the first cardio. If I want to do plunge lunges I can add them on. I am notorious for extending warm ups for a few minutes, or startin moving while the dvd is loading. It still has the first round weights and after all it is a premix. Complaints should be left for defective dvds that do not play right. Cathe puts out an excellent product that surpasses what most others contain as far as features and cost.

Jessica Smith had a problems with her recent dvd's. She replaced all the defected dvd's and sent out a free dvd to all her customers. Now that is an excellent customer service, IMO! I love Jessica Smith she is awesome!! Strong & Stewaty has a lot of flows. The screen goes black, you can't hardly hear Cathe, the downloads freezes. It's not Cathe's usually excellent product, IMO :( Maybe you got a perfect dvd . A lot of people complain for the right reasons and they have the right to say what's wrong with it. People pay a lot of $$ and for some it's a lot of money.

Belinda, I have only saw some pauses on the modifications on Cardio Slam. So far no real problems. I still need to play all of them through though while watching closely. I do think if the videos go black or the downloads are not working they should be compensated. I am just saying the missing cardio segment is not a huge deal. It might add to those that are having other issues frustration though. I have not heard anything form people that are doing the strength workouts. I am curious. I will probably watch the ones I am not doing right now while doing spin or the tread climber.

No workout today. We had a birthday get together for my daughter in law today. I made the cake :)

Diane Sue - I haven't done the modified Cardio Slam, I did the the org. Cardio Slam. I will use the downloads next week, I only reviewed one download workout so far. That's it! I didn't noticed anything on the strength workouts either. Except Ramped up Upper Body. I will contact customer service next week and let them know. My case came broken, but the dvd's are not scratched. I really don't care about the case, I have so many anyway :)

Boy it's cold outside! Have fun at the birthday party today.

Belinda, I have a whole case of Cathe dvds that are not in their own original cases. I still have all of the sleeves and have kept a few cases. The only ones I have in their original cases are the larger cases with a series in them like Low Impact series, Strong and Sweaty, Ripped with Hiit and X Train. It is more convenient that way than putting them in my larger case. The case I have holds a lot and has a lock. It has been useful for dragging a lot of workouts with me when I travel or want to move to another room in the house for awhile.
Are you almost finished with your basement remodel??

Diane Sue - I do remember you posting your case on the OF :) Very nice case :) I still have all the original cases, eventually I have to get rid of them. I thought I posted about the basement? We are done with the flooring. Now I have to move everything back and organize. I have 5 steps. Why do I have 5 steps? I will get rid of some :( Since I am downsizing, I am going through everything in the basement. Did I mention, I signed up for SimpLESSity? I don't know what I was thinking? I realized it's for people with lots clutter around their house. I don't have a cluttered house :) It also talks about simplify your house with less stuff. I been downsizing since last year. Every year I purge, donate/sell stuff.

Lol Belinda! I have 4 steps. I bought them at thrift in order to get more risers!!

I have original cases as well. Except for downloads I burned to dvds. I have those in the zipper cases.

I did PHA mishmosh extreme 2 this am. Its the normal routine with and extra round of each grouping at the end. I did 4 risers on the step and increased ##s on all lower body moves this time. Felt challenging!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Good morning,

Today I did PHA Training and walked.

Doreen - LOL, about all the steps. I also have tons of risers, I only use 2. When I step I use 4" that's it :)

Diane Sue - have fun with your workout today.

Have a great day and workout, everyone.

Belinda- I use 4-5 risers per side doing weight work. My son stacks them all up and does box jumps on them I think I can get about 8 per side.

Last night I tried the first All In 18. I really liked it. Good for a short add-on as she does three rounds and then a finisher. She's very encouraging, the gals in the video are having fun, laughing with each other and Idallis a little bit.

This morning I did Cardio Slam - the mat first premix.

I've been off work since 9 am yesterday. The power went out and all our emails, servers, phones, etc are still down. High winds knocked out power to about 3000 + and utilities is still working on it. Not sure exactly what happened but it must be big. We've never lost power for this long before.

Doreen - 8 risers :) That is impressive! I had so many injuries the last few years, I have to be careful. Plus, my knees couldn't handle it :) At least your getting used. Sorry about the power. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Today I needed to get out before the weather gets bad later in the week. I just did Ice Low Impact Sweat 1 , 28 minutes, 177 calories and got out my yoga tune up balls and knee hab and the upper body and did some work with them. Mainly the massage stuff for the upper body. I went back to Sprouts to get the 25% off of the Vibrant Health Joint Vibrance. It saved me a little over 10 dollars. I didn;t want to miss the sale.

Belinda, did you like PHA? It seems that most do.

Doreen, I used to have two steps but I threw the one that was losing the grid on it away when we moved. My granddaughter liked to use it to work out with me. I got more risers when our stuff was in storage just to have them to add to my step. I have enough for 5 on each side. That works well for weight work and leg press. I generally use a 6 or 8 inch step. Once in awhile if I am leaping over the step like with Ripped with Hiit, I take the rises off.

Diane Sue - I do like PHA :) I usually don't like rebeats, but this one is a lot of fun. Maybe the music will grow on me too :) LOL! Nicely done with your workouts today.

Good morning,

Today's workout was cardio of choice, I ended up doing FitnessBlender Butt and Abs Tabata Workout - Fat Blasting Cardio Interval Workout + a long walk. FitnessBlender was fun, I will add more of their workouts to my mix.

See you all tomorrow. Happy Hump Day, everyone.

Today I did Strong and Sweaty Cycle Sweat Premix 2, 5 missing. 39 minutes, 273 calories, 8.67 mles. These must have been the longer segments because the last premix I did was the shortest and it had 4 missing. I have sort of a dread of this workout. There are an awful lot of climbs in it to me and they seem to go on forever lie some sort of torture. Then my Fit Bit was giving me a way low heart rate. 91 when I was huffing and puffing and figured it hadn't got to its 15 minutes of recognizing what I am doing or something. I really do not have a clue. I used MMF, Cathe's workout manager and my Calories burned calculator and took the low end from those because I am sure Fit Bit was wrong. That being said, my resting heart rate was 59 before I started. That is not abnormal though. I then did SS PHA mish mosh lower body split original order done 3 times, 27 minutes (took me a bit to decide what I could use so a couple of minutes longer) I did not do the dead lifts. I wore 5# ankle weights while doing the other exercises and instead of deadlifts I did leg curls 12 reps on each leg standing, 164 calories. Total time 69 minutes, 437 calories

Belinda, I really do like Fitness Blender. I gather they have a once a year sale and I purchased two workout plans that are on there and they came with a print out of lots of information on nutrition and getting the most from the plan. They were using workouts that they already have but you could set them in the calendar and you had particular ones scheduled each day. One was a fat blaster one and the other was a core one. I thought that I would check out some of PHA today and see how it was. I liked what I did.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.