Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Today I did Kelly Coffey Boot camp workout #1, 30 minutes, heart rate average 127, max 162, 199 calories, 1,836 steps. Last week I just did the cardio only from this workout. I then did Kelly's Power Sculpting from the Lift dvd, 39 minutes (I had so many stop times that I wondered if I was going to be able to finish), heart rate 109 average, 147 max, 181 calories, 732 steps. This one is more metabolic and seems quite active with no rests. I remembered it as all weights, but that was all I remembered about it. I started with 12 # dumbbells, soon lowered to 10's for the heavy's and at one point I dropped from 8's (in lieu of Kelly's 7.5) to 5's with the front push moves that were fast paced. I did not do the warm up for this one. It should have been around 29 minutes actual time. Total time was 69 minutes and calories burned 380. I am almost at 6000 steps today so far. I am sure I will manage to get the 10,000 before I am done.

Belinda, having family visit is always fun. I ended up eating chocolate chip pancakes as that was the main dish for family brunch yesterday. I know a lot of women love the SB live workouts. I did a free live of her workouts once. I think the dvd's I purchased had a month if I signed up, but I was never sure I wanted to give my cc information to do that. They would work well with STS. I get emails from her.

Yesterday was crazy but I did manage to get a 30 minute Gymbox band workout in.... and broke 2 different bands in the process. I guess they were getting old. Then I did about 15 mintues of Hard Strikes before running out of time.

This morning I did KCM Trim Down workout 2. I think I liked wo 1 better. These have to go back to the library by the end of the week. I also rode my bike for a few minutes after the KCM workout.

I requested Jessica Smith Walk Strong 2.0 from the library. I've been watching the clips she puts up for 3.0. Some of the workouts look really good but some I don't think I would use. I'll have to see how much she is charging for them to see if there would be enough that I would do to make it worth the money. I like Jessica's YT videos but they are rather easy most of the time. She says this program is building on her first 2 programs so maybe its supposed to be a little harder. But she says on her website if you want an all-out intense program this isn't it! But I'm not sure I like those all out intense programs anymore - I'm getting too old to keep up!

Doreen - I hope you had a great birthday yesterday :) I hear you on going all out on workouts. Although the new Cathe workouts look good, I have more than enough high impact workouts. I am almost afraid, it's the same intensity/moves as her others. I do like JS, like you some look amazing and some are not. I think with the 20% discount, the set will be $63! If I get the set, I will get the downloads from purple player. No more dvd's for me. I may decide I don't want the set by tomorrow since I have more than enough workouts.

This morning I did Kelly Coffey Kickboxing both combined, 55 minutes, 352 calories, average heart rate 140, max 176, 4,749 steps. I then did the bonus abs from this workout, I kept stopping and starting because it kept stopping and jumping while playing, I finally put it in my lap top and it played fine since wiping it did not help. This was 18 minutes with all of the starting over, 53 calories, 456 steps. I finished off with Tracey Long Stronger and Longer warm up hip mobility, thoracic mobility, and stretch, 16 minutes, 35 calories. Totl time was 89 minutes, 440 calories.

Doreen, I had to get a package of new bands as mine started breaking. I had them for years though. I like doing Trim Down as both workouts together.

Belinda, I had purple player on my old ipad. I have never installed it on anything else. At one time I had anticipated downloads from Kelly Coffey and that is why I got Purple Player. I don't even know if you can get it on Android?? Can you get it on the computer?

Today I did 2017 Gratitude Challenge, Day 2 Upper Body Circuit, 31m plus a 30 min walk. The SBF UB was tough.

Diane Sue - I think so? http://platformpurple.com. I think it makes everything easier, no more dvd's taking up space, no more schlepping around dvd players when on vacations. I really like the idea of less clutter :) Who would thought, I would ever go that route, lol.

Doreen - I had to replace a lot of my bands, they don't last forever. I bought a punch from Cathe.com. Now I wished I wouldn't have bought them. Amazon sells them pretty cheap.

Belinda, I am wondering if Purple Player has a app on Roku since I see Roku and Chromcast on that website. That link though has you sign up starting at 99 dollars. I think for putting out your product. It doesn't seem to have a place just to get the app to view stuff. I will check Google Play and Roku.

Diane Sue - I think they do have an app on Roku . Sorry the link brought you to the sing up staring at 99 dollars :( If you google purple player maybe it shows up on your end. I tried while I was logged in and it linked you to a paying site? Weird!

I've wondered about purple player. I've never bought downloads that required it just because I don't understand how it works.

I might have to check it out for Jessica's.... I know Kelly uses it as well.

I have an Amazon gift card burning a hole in my pocket. I may look at some new bands with that. But for now I have a back up to the one with handles already... it was just the long flat green band that snapped in half that I don't have a replacement for.

Good morning,

I bought the digital download for Jessica Smith new workouts. I will not buy anymore dvd's, since they take up so much space :) I already have way to many dvd's. I did the D2. 1 mile of motivation and D2 Cardio Step Slam. Very fun workouts! I also did SBF Cardio barre.

Doreen - the purple player is just a platform to store them. You can downloads those workouts when you are not online. I find it easier, than I am storing them. Plus I don't have the physical clutter of more dvd's. If I can figure out how to use purple player so can you, lol.

I will be back later.

Today I did Kelly Coffey Your Best Body. There is not a both workout option so I did workout 1 and then workout 2 with 1 warm up which is separate, 77 minutes(some brief stops) 382 calories, heart rate 103 average, 146 max, 1,571 steps. I then did the stretch from workout 2 and the separate yoga segment, 11 minutes, 27 calories. Total time was 88 minutes and calories burned 409.
workout 1
bent over row/reverse pec dec 8/8 res 5 sets 15# dbs
stiff legged dead lifts/russian squats 17.5# dbs 34 total reps
core squat twist

Reverse grip lateral raise/alternating front raise 8/8 reps 8# dbs 3 sets
single leg squats 17.5 dbs
core reach pull

1/2 curls / alternating hammer curl 15# dbs 8/8 reps 4 sets
pull throughs 20# db 14 and 16 reps
core plank and knee ins

triceps kickbacks /lift backs 10# dbs 8/8 reps 3 sets
side lunges 15# dbs 8/8 reps 16 and 22 reps
core

alternating chest cross/elbow squeeze pec dec 10# dbs 8/8 reps 4 sets
plie squats 20# db

Workout 2
v row/high pull 10# dbs 8/8 reps 4 sets
lunges 17.5# dbs
core

cheer press/ 90% lateral raise 8#dbs 8/8 reps 5 sets
single leg dead lifts 15# dbs
core twists 32 reps

alternating long curl/ side curls 12# dbs 8/8 reps 3 sets
squats 17.5 # dbs
core plank leg lift out

overhead triceps extensions/alternating kickbacks 10# dbs 8/8 reps 4 sets
curtsy lunge to lunge back then curtsy lunge alternating 12# dbs 8/8 reps
core arms extended twists

flys /bench press 12# dbs 8/8 reps 4
bridges 12# dumbbell single leg 8/8 reps 4 or 5 sets I lost count
superman

I haven't had time to look at Roku and the Purple Player App yet. Today is family dinner night. I am making spaghetti as it is fairly easy for a crowd. I will have to load up on mostly salad.

Doreen, my bands and tubing have a tendency to get broke more often as I have grandchildren who want to tie them to equipment and shoot things or hang on them. The firewalker type of bands I got say athletic on them and have grading markings on them so there is extra light, light, medium, high, extra high and they came in a little bag. I stick them in the bag and hang them on a hook on a rack I have on the wall. I did have a whole roll of medium purple band material that I would cut to the 6 foot link. I cut some for family and a friend so finally used that one up. My Cathe medium tubing broke. The handle flew off when I was using it. I have a set my daughter got me for my birthday one year that is the B lines from Beach Body. They had the set of 3 on Amazon. I would like to get the heaviest ones some day. I wish they gave more handles to snap the tubing into. You get two handles with 3 grades of tubing.

Belinda, good for you for getting just the downloads. I am not ready yet. Not after the issue I had with the Fit Tower downloads. I will see how it goes using the new workout downloads.

Jessica has a free download so you can test it out. So I downloaded it and it worked just fine. I did it on an android app. I'll have to make sure that I can cast it or play on Roku as I don't like working out with just the phone.

This morning I did KCM Raw - Legs and Kettlebells and then did a couple rounds of 888 to finish off the time I had for the day.

Reactions: WD
Today was cardio so I did Kelly's Body Design mix of cardio bootcamp and weighted kickbox, 30 minutes, 197 calories, heart rate average 136, max 172, 2,904 steps. I then did Kelly's Cardio Blast step workout, 36 minutes, 258 calories, heart rate average 137, max 159, 3,280 steps. I finished off with the abs from Kelly's weights workout, 13 minutes, 43 calories. Total time today was 79 minutes, 498 calories. total steps this morning so far is 7014.

Belinda, I am hoping those Fit Tower downloads are the only ones that ever come out like that.

Hi everyone,

Today I did JS Walk Strong 3 Day 3 " Metabolic Conditioning " Great 30 min TB workout, got my HR up. I also did SBF 2017 Gratitude Challenge, Day 4 Upper Core + Cardio & Weights, 23m. Holy crap! That one was tough! Lots of planks. I also did LS 4 Really Big miles = 59 min. I am getting ready for TG :p

Diane Sue - I had no problems with the Fit Tower downloads. I did had problems with ICE KB workouts. Hope it's all fixed now. Good job today.

Doreen - have fun with your workout today.

I will be back tomorrow. Have a great day, everyone.

Last edited:
Today was cardio so I did Kelly's Body Design mix of cardio bootcamp and weighted kickbox, 30 minutes, 197 calories, heart rate average 136, max 172, 2,904 steps. I then did Kelly's Cardio Blast step workout, 36 minutes, 258 calories, heart rate average 137, max 159, 3,280 steps. I finished off with the abs from Kelly's weights workout, 13 minutes, 43 calories. Total time today was 79 minutes, 498 calories. total steps this morning so far is 7014.

Belinda, I am hoping those Fit Tower downloads are the only ones that ever come out like that.

I hope you don't have any problems in the future :)

Today was a "something is better than nothing" workout. I couldn't sleep last night and turned my alarm off to try to see if I could sleep in. I woke up with time to do about 20 minutes. I did the first 20 min of a Linda Wooldridge spin and upper body class on YT. Just some light weights for the upper body while pedaling. I do like the bike. I can start riding while I'm messing around getting a video loaded so no wasted time!

I'm still debating on JS WalkStong 3. I kinda want it because I think it will be so different that what I have... but then I already have so much and the YT options are endless that it seems silly to spend money. Thank and KCM and Cathe's are arriving in the next several weeks and I'll have too much to do.

I also got notification that the KCM I requested from the library and they ended up buying are ready for check out - bad timing as we are leaving for vacation tomorrow!! So no workouts or probably posts for that matter from me for a while!

Enjoy your Thanksgivings everybody!!

Belinda, I can play Fit Tower workouts, I just have to use my older laptop to play the downloads or itunes. Also you can't do all of the premixes. Do, you put all of your downloads on purple player? Or is it that you just open them with purple player like I have to do with itunes.

Doreen, can you pick up the workouts and renew them? I renew what I check out as long as someone else is not waiting on them.

Diane Sue - no, I don't put all my downloads on purple player. All my Cathe workouts are on my computer, I also back them up to a internal hard drive. The only workouts I have on purple player are the new Jessica Smith workouts. Leslie Swanson, KCM and other instructors use purple player instead of MP4 downloads. I like the purple player because it doesn't take up space on my computer, I get the workouts right away. So far, I like it! I don't remember if you can watch iTunes offline? Purple player you can.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.