Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Diane Sue, thank you. I was proud of myself for getting through this one. I thought I was going to have to modify much more than I did. I only modified on 3 higher impact drills (where my knee felt off). I've definitely broke through some wall this last week. I'm beginning to think that my allergies are finally settling down with the change of seasons here and I'm able to breathe better. Allergy season has been really bad here this year. I had allergy induced asthma for the first time this spring.

Again, great workouts everyone.

Today's workout was X Train Cardio Legs, 56 minutes, 357 calories, heart rate average 122, max 159, 3,063 steps followed by core #2, 13 minutes, 50 calories, 201 steps. Total time 69 minutes, 407 calories.
I also did 20 minutes of therapy for neck and shoulders using Yoga Tune Up upper body. I started writing up what I wanted to do next week and for some reason I have a dread of it. Maybe I should just do what I feel like doing. I keep eyeing KCM which I have recently enjoyed. Tomorrow is my rest day.

Belinda, nice work on the walk. Funny, my Fit bit notified me that it just picked up automatically on my 15 minute walk this morning?? I guess abs seemed like a walk? Who knows.

Laura, I wish my allergies would settle down. I need to go outside and mow so will be wearing my mask today. That doesn't help my eyes though. I almost skipped the disc portion of AOLIH myself but stuck with it as is. I am not a real fan of disc cardio, but usually make myself do it when it is called for.

Diane Sue, I like some disc work, but certain exercises bother my knee, in particular the cross country skiers or scissors.

I will hope that your allergies calm down soon as well. It has been a bad season.

I did S&S PHA this morning. I don't know blew many times I have done it but this morning I realized on the second grouping she does two upper body lifts laying on the bench which really lower my heart rate. I think next time I'll do them standing.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,

Yesterday my sinus was so messed up, I couldn't workout at all. My head was killing me all day long.
Today I did a walk and Yogalosophy with Mandy Ingber . I did the express yoga. I thought it was a relaxing yoga, turns out it was a total body strength one. I did like it. Everything was in 8 reps and another 8 reps. The stretch on the end was nice.

Tomorrow I will start the STS pyramid down rotation.

I will be back tomorrow.

Today I just did X Train Supercuts, 47 minutes, 280 calories, 1,460 steps, heart rate 114 average, 148 max. I find it interesting that Fit Bit has changed my V02 max from just the > 128 excellent to now 44-48. It used to be around 38 with the Polar. If I change it from 28 to 44 on my calories burned app it gives me a significant increase in calorie burn which would have been net calories 253 at 28 v02 max to 326 at v02 max 44.
Just interesting to see what makes a difference in how calories are calculated. Map My Fitness had me at 329 calories. I am still unsure if I want to go on with the rotation I week I wrote up for this week. If I do tomorrow would be Burn sets bis and tris. I may switch it around with the tabatacise workout I had planned for Wednesday or change it altogether.

Laura, when I had the surgery those cross country ski moves on the discs were really uncomfortable. Also anything that is the curtsy lunge that are in a lot of things. I still have to work carefully on that one. Knee alignment is so important or you end up twisting something.

Doreen, yes, I felt the same way with those moves lying on the bench. It is near the end so I figured it was part of the cool down :)

Belinda, I hope the sinuses get better. Good luck with your start back to STS Pyramid down rotation.

Today I just did a mish mosh of workouts, I did KCM Body Design cardio with weights, and Kickboxing with weights, I did all the combos from RK and MMA Boxing and finished with the heavy bag workout on KCM Meltdown.

Diane Sue, good luck figuring out the HR calculations! I thought with my new HR monitor strap (now it's always picking up my HR, not dropping to 0) I would see an increase in calories burned. It has gone down, considerably. But as I've stated earlier, I've broken through some kind of wall. My cardio and strength endurance is way way up. But my calories are down, down, down. It's interesting also because I keep losing 3 lbs. (I'm trying to) and I lose it and then overnight (literally) it comes back. Then it takes me about another week or so and I get it back off. Then it came back this again (all of it) this morning. My body is adjusting itself to something or other. As far as your workouts, if you are dreading something, switch it to something you like IMHO. As far as the discs, I've been doing the ones where I feel very in control, like mountain climbers or burpees. Jacks are okay, but the some of the others, my knee gives out little warning signals that it doesn't like those, so I skip them.

Doreen, I still have yet to do the PHA one. I've been saving that one until I lift a little heavier again. Not using my barbell yet. I'll have to keep that in mind when I get to it.

Belinda, I'm sorry you've been having sinus problems. It has been such a tough year for those. Hope you are feeling better today.

Hi there,

I am pyramiding STS down, I did D13 and Stretch Max #1 No Equipment.

Laura - I have acute sinus/ear infection. I been hospitalized a few time in the past. No fun! I did get lots of rest this weekend. Thanks! Good job on your mix of workouts today.

Diane Sue - thank you! I am feeling much better today. The weather changed, that always affects my sinus. I hope you can figure out the HR situation. Once I am done with the STS pyramid down rotation. I am starting the Cathe Bodybuilding rotation. How would you use the Low Impact workouts for 2 weeks? Since it's a Bodybuilding rotation, I am sure it's straight up heavy lifting. Not After burn, right? I am confused on how to use the Low Impact workouts? I know you into heavy lifting. Maybe you can help me out :)

Doreen - good job this morning on PHA. I felt the same way when I did that workout.

Nice job, everyone. Have a great afternoon, everyone.

Belinda, are you doing the rotation Cathe put out? I don't remember Low Impact Series in that one. I do think that you could use the Step workout, disc workout, and maybe even Cardio Super Sets as a cardio day. Total Body Tri-sets done as a split with one of the other workouts like Athletic training mixed into the week. Or if you are doing three strength days with the other workouts you could possibly do something like the the Strong and Ripped workout where one day is one of the metabolic type workouts or lighter weight workout days mixed with cardio and the strength days. Just thoughts.

Laura, nice work mix today. You come up with some good ones. I think Fit Bit last update added another feature to the VO2 max and heartrate calculations. I had wondered at the drop to 28 which was the high end on their chart for V02 max. I don't burn near as many calories as I used to with the Fit Bit or my Polar. What it comes down to is the results in the end anyway. But, the numbers can be discouraging sometimes and others they are motivating.

Belinda,

I think you could use Afterburn. It moves so very fast that you don't really use heavy weights, it is more metabolic conditioning than strength. When she uses a heavier weight she only uses one at a time.

Diane Sue, I'm trying to concentrate on how much easier and better I'm working out now. Mad about the weight thing, but menopause is kicking my rear right now. I had to read the lead article in Cathe's newsletter today about exercise and insomnia, it certainly doesn't seem to have helped us.

Belinda, are you doing the rotation Cathe put out? I don't remember Low Impact Series in that one. I do think that you could use the Step workout, disc workout, and maybe even Cardio Super Sets as a cardio day. Total Body Tri-sets done as a split with one of the other workouts like Athletic training mixed into the week. Or if you are doing three strength days with the other workouts you could possibly do something like the the Strong and Ripped workout where one day is one of the metabolic type workouts or lighter weight workout days mixed with cardio and the strength days. Just thoughts.

Laura, nice work mix today. You come up with some good ones. I think Fit Bit last update added another feature to the VO2 max and heartrate calculations. I had wondered at the drop to 28 which was the high end on their chart for V02 max. I don't burn near as many calories as I used to with the Fit Bit or my Polar. What it comes down to is the results in the end anyway. But, the numbers can be discouraging sometimes and others they are motivating.

Diane Sue - I was thinking mixing it up like that too! Wasn't sure, if that would fall under a Bodybuilding rotation? I will play around tomorrow and post it here....maybe if you are not to busy you can take a look? I need all the help I can get :) LOL!

Belinda,

I think you could use Afterburn. It moves so very fast that you don't really use heavy weights, it is more metabolic conditioning than strength. When she uses a heavier weight she only uses one at a time.

Diane Sue, I'm trying to concentrate on how much easier and better I'm working out now. Mad about the weight thing, but menopause is kicking my rear right now. I had to read the lead article in Cathe's newsletter today about exercise and insomnia, it certainly doesn't seem to have helped us.

Laura - thank you! I will play around tomorrow. Maybe you all can take a look.

Belinda, I would be glad to look. The Strong and Ripped rotation format was to get in some high intensity cardio to burn fat and to build lean muscle. I really liked it. That is why I was loosely trying to put together something similar this month but with different workouts.

Good morning! Yesterday I did Ice Bootcamp - No Abs mix then the first combo of LI Circuit (no weights)

This morning I did a Gymbox Strength workout - It was bid as a combination move class but it was pretty heavy on the upper body - only a few combos that pulled in the lower body. Still- a good class for about 55 minutes. But I forgot to shut off my fitbit after the class so I didn't get the right numbers for HR and calorie burn.

Today I did what I had planned for today and tomorrow since I have to to take my car in and family dinner. I will do the abs tomorrow and if time a bit of cardio. I did X Train Tabatacise, 48 minutes, 348 calories, average heart rate 140, max 166, 4,117 steps. I then did X Train Burn Sets Bis and Tris, 42 minutes, 153 calories heart rate 102 average, max 144, 668 steps. Total time was 90 minutes, 501 calories.
weights
standing biceps curls 20, 17.5, 17.5, x 10,10,11 reps
simultaneous rotational curl 20, 20, 20 x 10,10,10 reps
concentration curl 20, 20, 20, x 10,10,10 reps
hammer curl crazy eights 15's x 24 reps
triceps push ups combo 4 times, 2 times 2 times
flat bench triceps extensions dumbbells, 17.5, 15,15 x 10, 10, 12 reps
one arm kickbacks, 15,15,15, x 10,10, 12 reps
tubing overhead double arm extension

Doreen, I have forgot to stop my Fit Bit so many times. That is why I use both Map My Fitness and the Fit Bit. I I accidentally turn off the Fit Bit the MMF is still running and that goes the other way around too.

Another night of no sleep at all. It took me a long time to get up to working out today. I did Low Max followed by the Fit Tower Legs, Glutes, and Abs dvd.

Great workouts everyone. Keep up the good work.

Hi ladies,

Brawler is sick since this 2 a.m. this morning. He has diarrhea really bad :( It was so bad we had to steam clean the carpet in our bedroom at 2 a.m twice :) We called the vet and he recommend to give him Imodium, he still has bad diarrhea. He hasn't eating anything all day, I just made him chicken and rice. I hope this will help him. If it continues we have to take him to the vet in the morning.

Like I sad, I been up since 2 a.m with Brawler, I had no energy all day long. I only did a short walk that's it.

You guys rocked your workouts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.