Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Happy Sunday,

Yesterday was rest day. Today we walked the dogs. That's it. Staring M3 tomorrow.

Diane Sue - who knows, right :) Nicely done with your workouts.

Laura - good job with RS.

Have a great Sunday, everyone.

Reactions: WD
Yesterday we were overnight in Broomfield for my daughter's soccer tourney so I just took a short walk while the team was warming up. This morning I did Rythmetic Step before we left for the finals game. They ended up winning after an hour and a half rain delay!

This morning I did Strong and Sweaty Bootcamp 44 minutes, heart rate average 125/ max 169, 311 calories, 1,987 steps. I then did the bonus abs from Fit tower, 12 minutes, 38 calories. Total time was 57 minutes, 349 calories. I spent way too much time this morning trying to decide what I wanted to do. I even printed up some Body Beast worksheets. Then I looked at the at a couple of rotations of Cathe's I was kind of interested in. I started the Strong and Ripped one but added the abs. I take Sundays off so I started with the Sunday workout since they have Saturdays off. I am not even sure I want to do it yet though. I also kind of liked the look of the Fit tower/Ripped with Hitt/ Strong and Sweaty rotation. Both are just 30 days. But then I though I might want something a bit more muscle building? We will see. I guess being tired doesn't help. Maybe I will add some Fit Tower to the Strong and Ripped rotation.

Belinda, last phase of STS :) Have you done it many times?

Doreen, that is great that your son's team won. A walk was probably nice. Good job getting Rhythmic Step in before the game.

Diane Sue - good job on S&S BC this morning. I am sure whatever you decide on, will be a great rotation. Oh...yes!! Done STS at least 12 times. Love STS! Thinking about pyramid down. Maybe I'll repeat M3, than M2 and M1. Technically the same thing, except I am adding M3 again.

Reactions: WD
Today I did a blended workout of ICE MTB with some segments from LI ICE and RWH inserted. My back is feeling much better, so I'm trying to add some weights back in this week.

Diane Sue, good luck picking a rotation. Strong and Ripped does look like it would be more muscle than the Fit tower/RWH/S&S. I'm still going by what body parts work that day rotation. I hope someday to be able to follow one again. The last time I followed a RWH 90 day rotation and can say I've never been fitter in my life. I've made a blended S&S Bootcamp and hope to be able to do that one this week.

Belinda, good job on STS. I've read posts from others who have really enjoyed the pyramid down on STS.

Doreen, congrats on your daughters tourney!

Good jobs everyone. Great workouts.

I keep looking at rotations too but then end up doing whatever the day feels like! I can't stick to anything these days....

This morning was Flex Train.

Still trying to decide on the new series. STS total body hasn't popped up in a daily deal so I may go with just downloads so I don't end up having to pay shipping on the DVDs. I don't think I need both DVDs and downloads. Actually I don't even need the new series - I have so much stuff.... but it looks like it will be fun.

Good morning,

Took a kickboxing class this morning.

Doreen - good job on FT this morning. I sure don't need more new workouts. Need to use what I have :)

Laura - good job on ICE MTB yesterday. I done the STS pyramid down before. Not sure, if DH wants to stick with STS that long?

Diane Sue - have fun with your workout today.

That's it for me today.

Today I did LowMax followed by KCM Body Design Yoga Flow.

Doreen, I'm still on the fence with the new ones. I want it but I have so much. Then I think that maybe I'll sign up for demand for a year. Then I think I already have 90% of the DVDs and don't need it. I did really like Cathe Live when I had that for a year. I just keep flip flopping every day. I know that if I don't buy it, I'll decide later that I have to have it, and then have to pay more. Back and forth. Good job on Flex Train.

Belinda, it must be nice to have a spouse work out with you. Mine does not. The only exercise he enjoys is biking, which I cannot do with my knee. Haven't been able to bike in over 15 years. Sometimes he just stares when I do step, he cannot understand how you can learn the choreography.

Good job everybody.

Diane Sue, so what rotation did you pick if any?

Laura - my husband loves weight lifting. I was surprised he hang in there with me the entire time. We used to run together. Now he and I can't run anymore. He isn't big on step workouts, kickboxing or zumba. Good job today.

Today I did Strong and Sweaty Total Body Giant Sets that was next in that rotation, 61 minutes with stops, 255 calories, heart rate 106/169. The 169 must have been my 2 minutes peak of the workout, 43 minutes was fat burn, 16 minutes was cardio, 1059 steps. I then added on Fit Tower segment that was single leg push down with a 20# dumbbell 3 times with the stretch. I like this move because I can really feel it in the glutes. I finished off with KCM Body Design cardio boot camp and cool down, 16 minutes, 103 calories, 1,246 steps. Total time was 92 minutes, 391 calories.

Laura, I am sticking with the Strong and Ripped Rotation, but will add a bit here and there. Probably will add more cardio. It looks like a good rotation. Only 30 days which is doable. Maybe it will give me time to come up with something new to do in a month on my own. I have been doing whatever I felt for some time now. If something hurts I work something else. I think that I will probably end up getting the new workouts. So far, Cathe has some of the best dvds. She generally has plenty of premixes and chapters are easy to choose portions to use separate from the rest. Kelly dos pretty well on premixes as well.

Doreen, I haven't done a rotation in a long time. Even when I do one i generally change it up and add to it. I had problems with the Fit Tower downloads so am a little apprehensive with purchasing them. They did work on my other laptop though and it ended up I could play them through itunes. The thing is I do not have an iphone or ipad that I currently use. I have androids. IT was Cathe's technicians that suggested I try itunes. I wonder if you could purchase STS Total Body somewhere else like Total Fitness with free shipping. I think the new workouts do look like they might be kind of fun. I am not sure about the format for strength training on them. I need to look at them some more.

Belinda, I don't think that I have done all of STS that many times. A pyramid down through the mesocycles sounds interesting. I couldn't see my husband being interested in Zumba or step. He does the Tread Climber for cardio and watches Star Trek most of the time and then hits some weights.

This mornings workout on the rotation was RWH Low Impact Hiit #1. So I did the extreme mix of 1 and 2, 331 calories, 50 minutes, 133 average 162 max heart rate, 3,501 steps. I then did Ice Low Impact Sweat cardio #1 premix, 27 minutes, 173 calories, 130/161 heart rate, 1,577 steps. I finished off with Suzanne Bowen's Barre Amped Stretch lower body, 189 minutes, 32 calories. Total time was 96 minutes, 536 calories. I need to run back to the grocery store and maybe to my daughters for awhile.

Today was CSS, the premix with the step added. The workout was really hard on me this morning. I've been up since 2am. Mom issues.

Don't know what the day will bring. Mom dropped one of her cell phones (of course the one everyone knows the number to). I'm trying to get someone over to look at it. I think the battery just came out and needs to be put back in and the phone turned on again. My mom is unable to do this. She can't see the buttons on the phone. If nobody can get it to turn on, I'll have to make a trip.

Great workouts everyone. Have a good day.

*** Just got word that the phone is good, I have left instructions on how to turn on, and it took the person about 1 minute. Yeah! I keep looking into home helpers, but they all require me to have a minimum of 3 hours a week (@ $20 an hour plus expenses), and I have to have them every week.

Well at least I can go back to planning my week without an all day drive.

*** Meant to also say that I've often noticed STS Total Body come up right after STS on the daily deal. So fingers crossed for you Doreen.

Last edited:
Laura, I am glad your mother's phone is working. That has to be so hard with her a distance away like that. I would have a hard time working out if I was up at 2 a.m.. It is too bad you couldn't at least find a college student or someone that was willing to check on you Mom and be there for emergencies. The requirements are pretty expensive for part time work. I can see the one doing it needing it to be worth their while I guess. A church I went to years ago had some women that were doing that. They would go sit with the person and prepare them lunch and/or dinner for a few hours without being live in help. Out of high school I once rented a room from an elderly woman who wanted company at a low rent price and would spend time with her when I was off work. I also couldn't imagine having that little rest and then making a long drive!

Hi everyone,

Had a doc appointment this morning. Just got my workout in. I did D37 legs.

Laura - glad your phone is working again.

Diane Sue - good job getting your work out in this morning. I have done the pyramid down before, really liked it. Haven't ran by my husband yet, lol. Yeah, once DH saw me shaking it in Zumba....he was like I don't think so:p I miss the Tread Climber a lot. We had a few at the gym on base.

Today did Low Impact Circuit LB mix with 4DS LIS. Crashed last night and actually got a good nights sleep for a change.

Have good workouts everyone and a good day.

Diane Sue, I can understand the people wanting a work commitment, but she just doesn't have 3 hours of work each week. I already have housecleaners, etc. I have all her bills and pills automated. I take care of all of her groceries. There is a local handyman who works in the retirement village and I've called him for easy stuff. Once he didn't even charge me because it took about 2 minutes for him to do something (the sliding screen door came off the track). I couldn't get any of the neighbors to respond to me about the phone. So I told my mom to take the phone along with the instructions to her hairdresser's yesterday. The hairdresser was the one to put the battery back in and turned on. She said it just took one minute. My mom is REALLY fussy about people. After my Dad passed, I had a helper who she really liked. I called the company back in Jan, but of course, she had moved on to another job. I would have hired her back if I could. She just would have been company for Mom. Still working through these issues.

Today I did Turbo Fire Low Impact 20, 19 minutes, 123 calories, average heart rate 140 max 173, 1,759 steps. I followed this with Strong and Sweaty Ramped Up Upper body mix with the abs, basic mix 1, 75 minutes(15 minutes longer than actual) 324 calories, heart rate 98 average max 140, 1,328 steps. I had to estimate calories because I had taken the Fit Bit out of its frame and put it in a different band after cardio and it was in wrong. It still gave this heart rate though but the calorie burn for the 75 minutes was 115??Map My FItness gave me 407, Workout manager, lowering to a met value of 5.0 was 331. Workout manager was much higher at a met of 7. Calories burned net using Fit Bit heart rate was 222. What I used was what I had on My Fitness Pal previously. I finished off with Barre Amped Upper Body Stretch, 13 minutes, 22 calories. Total time was 1 hr 47 minutes, calories burned 469.

Laura, I hope that you can find what you need. It would be nice if she had someone she really liked that could be there for most of her needs. I understand that it is difficult. You have set her up pretty well for her needs though. Can she see well enough to know which pills she is taking and is her food stuff easy for her to fix? I love it when I crash and actually get a good nights sleep. It doesn't happen often enough.

Belinda, I bet the Zumba was fun again.

Diane Sue, I switched her meds to a company that mails all of her pills. They prepackage her pills in a bubble wrap type pocket in a box in a tear strip. She gets four boxes for the four times a day she takes pills. They put one rubber band around the first box of the day, two bands around the second of the day, etc. All she has to do is pull off one packet from the tear strip for each time of the day. For her non prescription meds, I fill up six weeks of pillboxes for the morning and evening. She has to take special vitamins for her blindness. I found out about the mail order company from a case worker. When I was trying to find home helpers, I found out that they cannot even read the label or touch pills or bottles in any way. They said that was a big liability issue for them.

Laura, that is great that they package her pills in a way that she can handle . I can understand the helpers not being able to handle her meds. It would probably have to be nursing staff.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.