Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Today I did Susan Chung Rapid Fire Results using 1.5# weighted gloves and 5# dumbbells for the metabolic weighted drills. Total time 77 minutes, calories burned 509. I was pleased with this today. I have my grandson here so that was enough. Between playing I worked with an AT&T agent online to trouble shoot my phone again :confused: They are sending another one with some instructions to avoid the problem next time I have an update. I hope it works. I could have let them work on it with the techs but then I would be dealing with a poor running phone. I can't even hang up after a conversation without a lagging black screen first. I tried soft reset, hard reset to defaults and still the same problem exists and I lost sleep two nights in a row.

Doreen, maybe you could repeat those last few minutes of those workouts to make it seem more intense. Sometimes they don't need to feel that intense to be effective though. I know how you feel though. I don't like finishing a workout and not feel really worked.

Belinda, poor Brawler. I hope he is okay when he gets over the anesthesia. They didn't recommend a cone neck collar to keep him from messing with his stitches? I had to use one on Mudd when she tore off a dew claw. We finally had to have it cauterized. She had it bleeding and the bandages pulled off in no time.

Hi all, I continue to lurk. Life is still very challenging for me. I've finally got back to exercise (have to modify everything to low (really no impact) from now on). I can use the step platform only, no risers. I'm trying really hard to keep away from surgery on my knee. Mainly, I'm so concerned about how to care for mom if I was to have the surgery. She is really a full time job now. Unfortunately, she does not have the resources to move into any kind of care facility.

My knee is recovered enough if I strap it up tightly and modify. So I've been back at it for a bit. I haven't posted as I didn't know if I would be able to go at it, but so far, so good. The Low Impact Series and ICE have been my main workouts. Today was ICE MTB, modified (cannot squat or lunge deep). I'm not wearing my heart rate monitor, it makes me depressed. I'm just trying to get movement, strength in my leg, and some pounds off (I'm an emotional eater and this year has been off the charts).

I've still been keeping up with you on the boards and wishing you well. Your dedication to your workouts has been inspiring.

I see that some of you got the Fit Tower workouts. I did as well, but I am having a problem with them. They sent me replacement discs but they are doing the same thing. I've tried all three workouts on my HP desktop running windows 7 and my HP laptop running Windows 10. I can't get to any of the premix menus. I can get to anything else, but not basic, timesaver or mish mosh. It just loops around to the intro film again. I posted this under the new workouts section. I don't know if any of you have tried them on a windows desktop yet?

I'm on the fence about the new series, I really only want the low impact and the metabolic. I see that they are selling it like 4DS. I thought about just getting those two as downloads after the series is out, but it will probably cost more to just get those then to pre-order. And I don't understand what is going on with the menu system on the Fit discs. I don't have a problem with any other series. I'm afraid that it will do the same on the premixes menus again.

Belinda, I'm glad the dogs are home again safe and sound. I was following your washing machine saga, as I also had mine go out recently. Also, take care of your back. After a broken back, and two back surgeries, I speak from experience, make sure you take things easy until it heals up.

Doreen, even when my knee was working, I don't think I could have done that Anarchy set, I am not the most coordinated person. I remember in third grade ( a long time ago!), I actually was failing p.e. because I could not do a forward or a backward somersault as much as I tried. My parents actually had to meet with the teacher and tell them how much I was practicing and I could not do it. We were graded on the President's fitness test. So stupid.

Diane Sue, I've been watching a lot of your workouts. I'm reviewing KCM right now to see which ones I could do. Which are the best do you think for really low impact? I have most of hers, except for the two newest.

Glad to be back. Again, wish you well.

Laura, nice to see you here. I had a problem with my downloads for Fit Tower. I purchased both discs and downloads. I could not get the downloads to play on my Windows 8.1. They sent me a download code several times and then talked to the technicians and we finally resolved that because Windows Media player will not play them, I had to play them through itunes which works. All my other downloads work on Windows Media Player. Maybe there is something different in their dvds. I will have to try on my Windows 7 and check it out. I had problems with Rock'm Sock'm in my older dvd player. When I got the new blu ray player I have no problem. I though maybe it was because I purchased it from Amazon. Kelly has a lot of good workouts, I believe Athletic conditioning 2 has a no jumping premix. It is much shorter than the other mixes. I would have to go back and look at some of them. Plateau buster has cardio between the weights but I think there is a mix without the cardio and jumping. I have only done it once so far since I just purchased it. I am sorry that there is not options for help for your mother. I was terrible in PE and some of the teachers were mean. They would tell me, my back was not flat against the floor when doing sit ups and belittle me for it. I tried not dressing for PE because I didn't want the embarrassment. I was clumsy and not balanced well, I never could do somersaults like the other girls either. I hated PE. I also do see it as something that important that a child should have to be graded on it. Being active is one thing, and being able to perform is another. Not everyone is that coordinated and balanced.
If you look at Kelly's web page she has work sheets for a lot of the workouts that gives an idea of the moves. She has a lot of good premixes that you could probably do. It is a shame that your Fit Tower dvds are not working. I am sure you could get some benefits from those. Kelly's shape up, you might like the upper only weight work. All lower is jumping on and off the step. I remember how that one hurt my knee at before and after surgery. I can do it now though. Just wouldn't want to do it often. I will have to go back and look at some of them for you.

Diane, thank you, I didn't know Kelly has worksheets on her page, I will definitely check that out. That should give me some ideas. If you could check your disc on the windows pc, I would appreciate it. I hate being a pain to Cathe support. They are always so nice. But I really want to use the new Fit tower dvds. The Fit Tower was a present from my dad. Two days after it arrived, he passed away, and every time I use it I think of him. I tried 2 different players on my windows 7, the hp player that came with it and the windows media player. Neither will work only on the premixes. On the windows 10 laptop (which I just purchased at Costco within the last two weeks) you can only use the player that came with it. On windows 10, they stripped the ability to play videos through media player. You have to buy an add-on now from microsoft for that. I would do that if I thought that would work, but it won't play on windows 7 media player either.

I can't tell you how much I hated PE. I was a straight A student all through school, except for PE, which I barely ever passed. Why they had to grade on performance is beyond me. I also had lots of mean teachers. I do not have any happy memories from PE which is terrible. It was many years later that I discovered step and fell in love with it. But my bad experiences in PE held me back for many years.

Mom is legally blind and sadly her remaining eyesight is getting worse. We are working with the doctor twice a month for injections to try to prevent further lose. Her memory is getting bad. Her blood pressure is terrible and we can't get it down and her diabetes numbers are not good. Illinois is one state where there is supported living and once your income is used up, Medicaid steps in and pays the difference. But all of the places I've checked have a 2-3 year waiting list. My mother-in-law we had to move from assisted living to round the clock memory care. She keeps choking on her food (I guess at the end stage of Alzheimers they sometimes loose the ability to swallow and chew properly). She now has to live on soft foods only and she also now has to be sedated several times a day. She was being hysterial most days. We had days where see would ask about her parents or sister and we had to explain that they have been dead for 5o plus years, but she would go through the grief of losing them like they just died. She calls and asks if she has to work anymore because she is tired, but she hasn't worked since the 40's. My husbands remaining brother was in a terrible car crash and has been trying to recover from that. The list goes on and on like this. On the major life stressors scale, we have had 5 out of 10 in the last year.

I don't want to put you to any work with Kelly's, but when you are doing any, and you think it would be a good fit, I would love to know. I will check out her website. I need some variety. I get bored too easily if always doing the same workouts. I did do Kellys' TLC boxing workout last week, and there really is much leg stuff, and what there was could be really easily modified to a simple shuffle.

Thanks again. I am glad to be back. I know I have been having some depression with everything that has been going on, and exercise really does make me happy.

Laura, I checked the Total Body Fit Tower workout and it worked fine. I could play the premixes as well. Maybe you could get real player or something that would play it? This was on my Windows 7 Lenovo computer. It is my older one. Most laptops are Windows 10 and do not have a cd/dvd drive in them anymore.
I need to get to bed, we have to get up at 5 am. I will check back with you tomorrow. I will let you know when I do Kellys and see ones that are not heavy on the jumping and lower body work.

Today was Cardio Slam modified premix.

Diane Sue, I've tried 3 different players with no luck on 2 different HP's. I wrote back to support. Maybe it has to do with HP's. My old laptop was a Lenovo but it bit the dust a couple of weeks ago. I shopped around and got this one at Costco. It came with the DVD player built in. It is weighing on me that if it is an HP issue, I'll hold off on the new releases. The main reason I get the DVD's are for the premixes.

Wishing everyone good workouts.

Hi everyone,

STS D17 is done. I never got a workout in yesterday, had to watch 2 dogs. My other dog ChuChu had a cleaning done too. Both dogs doing great. Brawler is still very tired, but considering doing great. He is eating and drinking with no problem. He is also taking his antibiotics 2 times a day with threat. They removed 4 cyst from Brawler, one right by his butt. Not a good place :(

Laura - welcome back! Someone on VF had problems with the downloads, just read it the other day. It's frustrating. I hope they can figure it out. I had problems with one of the downloads lost year, they had to sent me a few new links. After a few tries it worked. I need to check my Fit Tower DVD and make sure they are playing fine. Sorry you are going through so much. I also have to do everything low impact these day's. Sorry to hear about your mom :( It's sad to watch them like that. How old is she? Sending you lots of strength. You are a great daughter!

Diane Sue - good job as always on your workouts. I posted on Tuesday, but can't see my post. Weird! I do have one of those collar, but Brawler goes crazy. It freaks him out, he is doing great not chewing or pulling on his stitches. He was completely out yesterday. He couldn't even stand in his cart straight. Poor thing! I am glad everything went well yesterday.

Doreen - I find most workouts too intense, maybe I need to look into those workouts, lol. Just kidding!

I am not getting a lot done since I have to make sure, Brawler is keeping still. As soon as I move, he tries to follow me.

I will be back tomorrow. Happy Hump Day, everyone.

Today I did Kelly Coffey Meltdown mix dumbbell meltdown which was the kettlebell swings with the upper dumbbell work in 3 rounds and workout boxing/heavybag 2 rnds after each set of upper for 3 rounds of weights and boxing. I liked this and it seemed to keep my heart rate up as well. 45 minutes, 278 calories, heart rate avg. 123/ max 172. I then did Fit Tower Total Body which took extra time to write down things and adjust things, 59 minutes, 242 calories. Total time 1 hour 44 minutes , 520 calories.
Meltdown dumbbells3 rounds with two boxing segments after each moves are around 1 minute each
kettlebell or dumbbell swings 15#, 25# 25#kettlebell
seated overhead press with feet off floor moving from one hand to the other 15# all 3 rounds
seated row and biceps curls 15's all 3 rounds
bench press skull crushers 15's all 3 rounds
boxing 2 rounds repeat two more times
Total body
uneven squats 25# 16 rep
deadlifts 55#
elevated lunges 15's16 reps/15 reps pulses
bench press 45# barbell 16 reps /second set different count
close grip bench press barbell 35# 16 reps,/ 2nd set different count
chest flys 15's 2 sets
drop set push ups bar height 3/2/1 12,10,8 reps
triceps dips 32 reps 2 sets
triceps kickbacks with band straight arm then kickbacks 32 reps 2 sets
static lunge lateral raise 10# set 1, 8# set 2
bonus band pull 120 reps
dumbbell touchdown overhead press 15# 12/12/
shoulders biarbell push press complex 30# 4 sets of the whole complex
biceps curls 35# barbell different counts and holds
bicep curl/W curl front leg raise 15# 12 reps 2 sets
single leg push down dips using bar and dumbbell 15# 16/ 15 low end pulse
crossback lunge 20# 15,7,7,3,3,3,3,8 reps
one arm row 25# 12 reps 2 sets I thought I may have done 16 reps the first set
seated lat pull down blue heavy band 32 reps
pull ups with tower 10 reps 2 sets
verticle pull ups 2/2 count then 2 singles 5 times

Laura, i will have to try one in my HP windows 8.1 th a t wont play the downloads. I am curious mow if th dvds work in it.

Belind poor Brawler. Mudd hayed the conical collar but it helped a lot. Gertie would probably try to get it off, but Mudd would just stsnd in one place looking as though ifvshevjust waited and put up with it, itvwould go away. Shevtried to get in hervcrate and it wouldnt fit inside the door.

I'm due for a computer upgrade but hold off because right now everything is working for me, downloads play, the desktop blender works, etc. Techie issues are such a drag!

Good to hear from you Laura! Even modified just focus on moving your body in ways you enjoy will do good. I modify so much more these days. Sometimes just to eliminate the dread factor!!

Check out youtube if you have time. Almost too many options out there!!

Edited to add that I did Athletica 2 with Illiera tonight. I haven't done this one in forever and now remember why I love it and hate it at the same time. [emoji5]

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi,

I did some KB from YT :) Needed to change things up.

Diane Sue - LOL, at Mudd :) He is a good dog. Those things are huge. Brawler gets to stressed out when I put a collar around this neck.

Doreen - I agree with you! Lots of options on YT :) Good job on Athletica 2. Which reminds me, I need to pull that one out soon.

That's it for me today. Have a great day, everyone.

Today I did Sharon Twombly Zero to Sixty, 71 minutes, 444 calories, 4,545 steps.. More fun time with my grandson today :)

Doreen, my husband just got a new laptop and he says it is missing so many programs that he used. He has purchased some and they do not work like what he had before. This was one of the higher end lap tops too. He wanted plenty of memory. I blocked mine from upgrading to Windows 10.

Belinda, I understand needing a bit of a change here and there.

Was going to do some light kickboxing today, but I am feeling sore so I changed my workout to 4DS LIS. See how things feel tomorrow.

Doreen, yes I have some marked on YT that I want to do. I started doing some, and that's when my laptop died. In my workout room, I have to stream from my laptop. Now that I have the new laptop I have to check if it streams better (from the basement). My old laptop was terrible, but then things were not working right for a while at the end.

Belinda, hope the doggies are better today. Mom is 80.

Diane Sue, yes it would be interesting to know if those premixes work on your HP. They sure don't on mine.

Good workouts all!

Laura, the workout that I just did is low impact. She uses 2 and 5 # dumbbells through the whole workout though. No weights in the ab work. I just checked on my HP windows 8.1 and the Fit Tower workout will not play the dvd timesavers through the Power DVD program that is on it. I wonder if you could play the dvd through Itunes like I had to do to get my downloads to work. It makes not sense. Something must be different because Strong and Sweaty works fine for me. As for streaming, I was having a hard time using my laptop, or cell phone with an HDMI to stream on my already smart tv. When I would use youtube streaming would drop out. I got a new Sony bluray 3D player that has all of the streaming features etc. and have had no problems with it at all. All of these devices get so frustrating. We have two ROKU's downstairs and an indoor antenna and have drop outs a lot even with the best internet speed for streaming. That is weird that these new dvds do not work on the HP. Now I want to experiment. I wonder about something like real player. Does that program run dvds? Then maybe it could be the cd/dvd drive itself and what type of dvd formats it will play.

Edited to add that I can play the different chapters if you were inclined to move through different parts of the workouts that you want to do. I used to do that with High Step Challenge and repeat all of the cardio segments.

Laura, I checked itunes and I guess I can only play the downloads that are already on my laptop from Fit Tower. I don't think there is a way to play the dvd there. I tried different things from the Power dvd wondering if it was just something confused in buttons , but could find nothing. When I first got my Sony bluray player I did not know that I could not just push the arrow button to start playing from the remote. I had to push a plus sign or go to the options menu. Once I figured all of that out I quit having problems. But, that was with all dvds. I just had to learn the buttons on the remote.

Now to figure out why when my cell phone update messed up the phone this third time, my My Fitness Pal app and Fit Bit quit sinking on all of my devices. It is so annoying. I have tried all kinds of things and it is not working anymore.

Diane Sue,

Thank you for confirming that it appears to be a HP issue. I referenced your post to support. I have gone through the last several series, and not a single problem. Just these. They said they would pass on to their tech crew.

I know, I had already checked Itunes, but saw that it doesn't play DVD's. I can't believe it is the drive. My HP windows 7 and the new laptop have to be at least 8 years apart. They would be different. I've tried 3 different players. And yes, I can get to the chapters and the bonus abs, so I could make it work by using that. But I'm holding off on this new series unless support can tell me anything new. I'll continue to try to troubleshoot this. I worked in IT myself for 30+ years.

My basement where my workout area is a sinkhole. We have good high speed internet, but I had lots of problems when I had Cathe live and I played every thing on low quality. About half the time I had problems with streaming. I will have to test with this laptop. I had lots of problems with my old laptop in the last year. I knew it was on its last legs, but I was trying to make do. The new one might be better. I hope.

It stinks that the update messed up your syncing. I know how much you use those apps.

Thanks for letting me know about Sharon Twombly Zero to Sixty. I put in a request to the library for this one and saw that she has another called Low Impact with Weights (which I also requested). I only have one of hers, All Body Cardio Step, and I cannot remember it. When I use weights, I'm keeping it super light.

And by the way, I'm feeling your husband's pain. I got a very good laptop, lots of memory. No programs to speak of come with it. Windows media player no longer plays DVD's. You have to pay an additional $15 for that option. And everybody says that the program crashes all the time and doesn't work. Although, I do have to admit that I do like Windows 10 better than 8.1. At least the start menu is back. I also got a laptop with a touch screen which I'm loving.

Again, thanks for testing it on your HP. At least I know it is more than just me. The more info I can give support, the easier it may be able to track it down.

Laura, yes, it is good to know it is not just your HP. They worked with me with the downloads and the tech people. I hope they resolve the problem for you so you can get the new ones if you want to. My HP is 4 years old. My Lenovo is probably close to 10 years old. Somewhere in between I had an all in one which shut down and I lost everything on it. The Lenovo still works but the keys tend to stick at times, one fell off and for some reason has reseated itself. It went for a year and a half with no audio after an update. It got to where I could not take it back to before the update and get my audio back and that is when I bought the HP. Oddly, it finally did an update and the audio came back. I spent so much time trying to troubleshoot the audio problem. External speakers did not work either. It seems I am always trying to troubleshoot something. My husband took the look of his Windows 10 back to looking like his 7. Yes, he was saying some of those programs like Adobe wanted money to run them. It has been a problem for him. I do the same with my 8.1. I just go to my desktop and it looks like it did before. I like the touch screen. I forget when I am using the Lenovo in my workout room and will be trying to use a touch screen and it is not touch screen. My next cell phone will be here soon and I will be back to setting that up and hopefully the help stuff they are supposed to send helps the problem I keep having. This is my third time in a year:confused:
Also, the Zero To Sixty dvd is one that I used quite a bit when rehabbing after my knee surgery. I have Athletic Step Jam and I believe two CIA workouts. One was All Body Attack and there was a cardio weight one on the dvd called Double Cardio. I like Sharon Twombly. She is a physical therapist according to an article I read that she had put out.

Last edited:
No workout yesterday. My son and I left early for his golf tournament in Denver and I walked a few holes with him before heading to visit a friend. We didn't get back until late and I had no motivation!

This morning I did X10 warm up and the step workout then worked on some barbell hip thrusts on my own and then finished with Anarchy 10 minute chest and back. These Anarchy 10 minute workouts are real gems!! Perfect for a quick finisher to a workout.

I keep watching the daily deals to try to catch STS total body's daily deal so I can order my Fit Splits workouts!

Happy Friday!

STS D18 plus a short walk is done.

Laura - Brawler is doing much better. Thanks for asking. So sorry you have to go through this with your mom.

Doreen - I'll bet you got a lot of streps in yesterday. How did your son do at the golf tournament?

Diane Sue - I hate when phones do an update and mess everything up. Very frustrating!

Have a great Friday everyone.

I didn't sleep well last night and my knee is flared up today, so I changed my workouts around to do primarily upper body boxing. I started with RK warm up, skipped to the combos and then the heavy bag. Then I switched to KCM TLC Workout 1 (which is all upper body boxing) plus the stretch. The most she does with legs in this workout is simple shuffles (which one person further modifies).

Doreen, great job with X10. All parts of that one are a killer.

Belinda, great job with STS. I've never actually completed all of STS. I started bulking up too much. Just my body type and it didn't look right. I've always been a short and squaty type. If you look at my baby pictures you see big thighs and I've still got them!

Diane Sue, thanks again for checking it on the HP for me.

Have a great day everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.