Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Hallo everyone,

DH and I went to the Farmers Market this morning :) Just got my workout in. D9 is done. I had to modify the the deadlifts, I did leg curls instead. My back is still bordering me, can't bent over :(

Thanks you, Diane Sue :) My back still bordering me, I must have lifted my dog wrong the other day. It hurts like hell.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Today I did Rapid Fire 4 with Susan's favorite mix that alternates the boxing segments and the kickboxing segments and finishes off with the core, 74 minutes, 459 calories. Heart Rate average 123/max 154. I usually have a bit lower heart rate and calorie burn on this mix than the one that does all the boxing then all the kickboxing segments that really kick it up. Not a lot different, but I seem to generally lose about 40-50 calories in the burn. I felt that I needed some extra stretching today and added 21 Day Fix Extreme Yoga, 29 minutes, 52 calories. Total time was 1 hour 41 minutes, calories 511, 5,649 steps. I wore my 1 pound gloves. 5's for the abs.

Belinda, I have found if I have more than one day in a row of deadlifts in a week, unless I keep it light, I get low back spasms. Also wide stance tends to bother me. I have noticed this with some of Cathe's that have them and Les Mills Pump. I started pulling my feet in closer together. Modifying is a good idea.

Diane Sue - deadlifts threw my back out a few years ago. My PT told me not to do them, still doing them. My back is killing me, somehow I must have picked up Brawler wrong. I have to help him get up/ or down from the couch. I also have to lift him up to get him in his cart and upstairs to the bedroom. He sleeps with us :)

Belinda- Bummer about your back. Are you just resting it or do you see a chiro/PT?

This morning I did Metashred extreme upper body #2. This is the eccentric focused workout - lots of slow lowering on all the exercises. Then I did 2 miles running when I took my daughter to soccer practice.

I was surfing the internet this afternoon and found out that BJ Gaddour is leaving Men's Health and starting his own deal. That should be interesting to watch. I wonder who will take his place and what that will look like. I've liked all the Men's Health DVDs I've purchased in the past couple years.

Have you guys gotten your FitTower Dvd's yet? I'm anxiously awaiting your reviews! (Also wondering if that was Cathe's last offering or if she'll come up with another series again next year - but only time will tell on that!)

Doreen, i had prdered the Fit Tower Downloads and the dvds. They didnt give me my download code. I contacted them Thursday and frid a y they responded saying dont worry i will get my downloads and she had to talk to a tech. I had hoped to download and do one today but since th e y arent in their office this weekend i guess imaybe Monday. I was disappointed since that is one of t he reasons i ordered the downloads as well. No waiting.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Diane Sue - so sorry you still don't have your downloads. I got them the same day I ordered, That is strange yours didn't come. I don't know why Cathe didn't release the downloads on Friday? Makes no sense to me to release them on Saturday? I hope you get them soon. Must be frustrating.

Thanks Doreen! If my back doesn't get any better, I need to see my doc and get a shot. Good job with your workout.

Belinda, i am not the only person this happened to. Someone else i talk to had it happen as well, but knew they were supposed to get a code sent separately from the order copy. I ordered the Fit Toer with the dvds and also To the Mat at the same time as the downloads. Sge had done the same so i guess maybe that confused the issue. I dont know. Hope i get it tomorrow. I think they were busy yeserday with the Workout manager and stting up the downloads since both were not available when i got up to workout.

Good morning,

Yesterday I walked over 6 miles. Today I did STS M1 W4 D10.

Diane Sue - I am so sorry this happened to you and others :( It must be frustrating. I hope they will you get your code today. I have my downloads but can't do any because of my back. I may try one later?

That's it for me today. Have a great Monday. I may walk a little later today.

Today I did Party Rockin Step #1 54 minutes, 348 calories, heart rate average 138/max 170. I then did Strong and Sweaty Bonus Abs 13 minutes, 55 calories. Total time 67 minutes, 403 calories. Today I have house cleaning to catch up on. I have spent so much time with the woodwork varnishing etc. that cleaning is priority.

Belinda, nice work on the walking and already on week 4 of STS. I still haven't got the download code yet. That is why I just did cardio today. I am hoping they get it to me. The way it is going I will have the dvds before the downloads.

This morning I did PHA and then did the first 15 minutes of Metashred extreme lower body #1.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Today I did Party Rockin Step #1 54 minutes, 348 calories, heart rate average 138/max 170. I then did Strong and Sweaty Bonus Abs 13 minutes, 55 calories. Total time 67 minutes, 403 calories. Today I have house cleaning to catch up on. I have spent so much time with the woodwork varnishing etc. that cleaning is priority.

Belinda, nice work on the walking and already on week 4 of STS. I still haven't got the download code yet. That is why I just did cardio today. I am hoping they get it to me. The way it is going I will have the dvds before the downloads.

Diane Sue - LOL, I hope they get back with you very soon. That happened to me once, I got the dvd's before the dlowoads. Good job today.

Belinda, I got my dvd's today too. I went out this afternoon and there they were. Still no downloads, but now I will be able to use them tomorrow. I want to look them over before I go to bed tonight.

Belinda, after looking them over, I wrote down the exercises from the workout manager for the Total Body which is the only one that uses weights, and will do that one and maybe a premix from one of the other two. The legs glutes and core has a 19 minute core only or a legs and core that is 33 minutes. I am going to go back and look at the bootcamp mixes. These look good. Cathe really makes use of the tower and bands in the other two. The core work looks good on the total body. She does a lot with the band for the core and ab work.

Ohh - that little part of me is jealous of everybody that got and is now trying out the new workouts! But I got my Anarchy DVDs yesterday so that makes up for it a little bit even thought I probably can't try them until after we get back from vacation. (We leave Saturday).

This morning I took my bands to the park and did RWH Legs with the exercise bands instead of dumbells. It worked well but wasn't nearly as challenging as it is with heavy dumbells!

Today I did Fit Tower Total Body Advanced which took me longer because I had to stop and adjust where the tower was sitting etc. , I had the barbell clips on the wrong side and had to stop for that because I kept hitting them with the bar. Anyway, I will get used to where things should be. This took me 55 minutes, 242 calories. I then did Fit Tower Advanced Legs, Glutes, Core, timesaver 2, legs and core express, 29minutes, 68 calories, and the bonus abs 12 minutes, 30 calories. Total time was 96 minutes and calories burned 340. 2692 steps so far today. I just do not get the calorie burns with strength and conditioning work. I will do better when I get the weights and tower usage correct. I think a few things I could have gone heavier. I used my latex free green band because it is harder to pull than the latex one they sent with the tower. Also I did the firewalker loop band option on the legs, glutes and core workout.
Total Body started out with the step which had 3 risers on it
uneven squats 16 reps right 16 reps left 20# they used 15#
deadlifts 12 reps 50# barbell they used 45
elevated lunges 16 reps then 15 and 1 count 15# me (12# Cathe)
bench press barbell 45# 16 reps set 2 with a different rep count
close grip bench press 30# 2 sets done the same as the bench press
break to remove bench and clips
drops sets push ups moving the bar on the tower down each set
triceps dips with tower at level 4 2 sets cathe crosses leg on right the first set and left the second
triceps kickbacks straight then bent arm kickbacks with band and tower 2 sets
static lunge with one arm lateral raise 8# 2 sets of 16 reps on each side
band pulls over 100 reps that I counted. Cathe says she didn't give an amount
dumbbell touch down overhead press 12# 2 sets
barbell push press complex(clean, press 3 times, deadlift, upright row) Cathe 20#, me 30#
biceps curls barbell 30# 16 reps varies on how the reps are done 4,4,4,4
biceps front leg raise bicep curl 12# Cathe 15# me second set she does a W curl
crossback lunges 15 r, 7 and 1 twice, 3 and 1 4 times, singles
1 arm row 25# 16 reps 2nd set 12 reps
seated lat pulldown with the band and tower 32 reps
pull ups
vertical pull ups with a different count

Belinda, I hope that your back feels better.

Doreen, I know, I tried bands when we were waiting to get a house for P90X3 and I felt I did not get the workout I would have with the weights. That is good that you got something else new to occupy your not getting the Fit Tower Workouts.

I did Anarchy phase 1 strength and then phase 1 endurance this morning. I like strength workout. Its a good set up. I'm confused about the endurance workout since to me it felt like a cardio workout. So I'll have to try the cardio workout to see what that means to him. Endurance was a good workout though- I did like it.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Good morning,

D11 is doen. Went light on the weights. I will give my back a few more day's before I see my doc.

Diane Sue - good job, yesterday.

Doreen - nicely done this morning.

That's it for me today. Happy Hump Day, everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.